IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

18 hours ago, Morealice said:

Y’all are making me actually wanna ride up there and check all that out! Sounds like it’s becoming worth it for sure. 

yeah i got in 7 miles back there yesterday. put in at Horn-Peddler, saw the machines and their madness  (exciting things coming rom what I saw), and went and tried to help burn in the new stuff.image.thumb.png.bb2ef8e9ad47ceb55aa8129ffab1a1b5.png

• Like 4

yeah i got in 7 miles back there yesterday. put in at Horn-Peddler, saw the machines and their madness  (exciting things coming rom what I saw), and went and tried to help burn in the new stuff.image.thumb.png.bb2ef8e9ad47ceb55aa8129ffab1a1b5.png

You just named the trail in my mind
How is the Horny Peddler?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/21/2019 at 8:58 AM, HoneyBadger said:

Looking for tools on Peddlers Pass.

Either some of my tools have grown legs and walked off or I can't remember where i put them. If you see any on Peddlers, can you move them to the rollers? Put them next to the bucket at the start of the second set of rollers. Thanks

I saw some tools back by the rollers (near the bucket) like an hour ago. I also saw a few tools near the entrance to Peddlers from Brushy Creek Lake part., 

On 2/19/2019 at 8:01 AM, HoneyBadger said:

Two bikers and one jogger are idiots.

sidewalk.jpg

We rode out there at lunch.  While Honeybadger was blowing leaves off the trail, the contractors were cutting up and tearing that concrete section into pieces.  We got yelled at (we were not riding on the concrete, we were on the trail)  getting blamed for their $5k concrete.  Watch out for wet concrete again.  Hopefully this time they block it off and put a "wet concrete" sign.    Oh yeah, Peddlers is in primo shape thanks to Honeybadger.  Go get some today!

Rode most everything out at Brushy Creek today.. Trails were in fantastic condition, and the weather was perfect!  Did see them out there ripping up the concrete.  Also ran into HoneyBadger, and he warned us they were pissed off!  We didn't get yelled at, but we didn't really get too close to the workers.    

Here's a pile of concrete for you:

image.thumb.png.ede8675b05076ff7b2d46fbb6f412dc1.png

• Like 2

Rode most everything out at Brushy Creek today.. Trails were in fantastic condition, and the weather was perfect!  Did see them out there ripping up the concrete.  Also ran into HoneyBadger, and he warned us they were pissed off!  We didn't get yelled at, but we didn't really get too close to the workers.    
Here's a pile of concrete for you:
image.thumb.png.ede8675b05076ff7b2d46fbb6f412dc1.png

Couldn’t they have just used a bit of concrete in tracks and smoothed it over? Or, just leave it? They really needed to tear it all out?

12 minutes ago, attaboy said:

Couldn’t they have just used a bit of concrete in tracks and smoothed it over? Or, just leave it? They really needed to tear it all out?

Does seem a bit overkill, but I'm guessing it's not really that easy to repair?  Maybe fresh concrete wouldn't adhere very well to the already dried concrete?  I'm sure if there was an easier and less expensive means to do so, they would have. 

• Like 1

Does seem a bit overkill, but I'm guessing it's not really that easy to repair?  Maybe fresh concrete wouldn't adhere very well to the already dried concrete?  I'm sure if there was an easier and less expensive means to do so, they would have. 

but they put fake paw prints on the other sections. at the least they could have just left it, no?
  • Like 1

Just now, attaboy said:

but they put fake paw prints on the other sections. at the least they could have just left it, no?

The fake paw prints are "artistic" and intentional.  Shoe prints and mountain bike tire impressions are probably not spelled out in the contract.  😄  The blame is at least partially on the contractors for not making any attempts to stop people from using the freshly poured concrete. 

• Like 1

What I suspect happened is there was a delay between concrete deliveries to the job site giving the first few pours time to dry. Either someone didn't deliver the barriers or forgot to order them. At the end of the day, the job foreman wasn't there and the guys working just wanted to go home. They probably made some excuses to themselves "the parks closing soon, it's getting dark, no-one will be out here tonight, it will be dry by the morning, no-one needs to stay here until it's all dry, it will be fine, let's go home".

• Like 1