IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

Best Meditative Ride 2019 So Far

Woke up pouty this morning with dumbass foggy mist. Decided to say fuck it (cue bill oreilly .gif) and do a slick rock ranch (wet brushy) ride anyway. I decided I would stay positive and enjoy the ride no matter what since I knew the dirt should be ok (still hero). 

Was humid as hell but oh well...reminded me of a bit more comfortable summer morning riding towards the end when the sun was out. 

What’s peculiar to me is which rocks are wet and which aren’t...seems random but I’m sure it isn’t...something to do with weeping or some such shit perhaps. Anyway, Snot Rock was treacherous but Jammer was dry...I dunno. 

Anyway, it’s turning out to be a pretty sick day and if you can, go gobble it up!!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, trailrider77 said:

My son and I rode Suburban Ninja trail system behind the Peddles Bike shop. Each time we go back there is more stuff added. And now there is major activity on what looks like to be a pump track. All smiles. Mileage keeps growing. Luv that trail system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey! I was back there too tonight. Was that you and your son I encountered on that new route where we met at a dead end with a 4th guy? I was wearing a florescent yellow shirt.

Edited by RedRider3141

Hey! I was back there too tonight. Was that you and your son I encountered on that new route where we met at a dead end with a 4th guy? I was wearing a florescent yellow shirt.

Yes that was us. That new section is like Disney World for MTB. A little bit of everything. Luv the elevation and roller coaster drops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I'm correct, that new section that seems to dead-end doesn't actually.  Was this a section that goes along the creek with some blue flags?  At some point before it seems to dead-end, there's a right turn at the bottom of a g-out, and you ride on the dry creek bed for a while before looping back to the start of this new loop.

13 minutes ago, AntonioGG said:

If I'm correct, that new section that seems to dead-end doesn't actually.  Was this a section that goes along the creek with some blue flags?  At some point before it seems to dead-end, there's a right turn at the bottom of a g-out, and you ride on the dry creek bed for a while before looping back to the start of this new loop.

Yeah, that's right. The G-out is clearly a trail but the straight path that leads to the dead end wasn't clearly blocked off. 

15 minutes ago, AntonioGG said:

There is a complete loop, that includes the dry section of the creek. The dead end on the cliff will continue and connect to the sidewalk on 1431, then there will likely be an expansion on the park property on the east side of Brushy Creek...and finally a trail to my back yard just another .5 mile away. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Barry said:

I haven't ridden the whole thing, but some light Strava creeping shows it to be 0.9 miles long. Which means my new everything loop will be  about 31.5 miles. 

Thanks!  Do you have a Strava or description of your "everything" loop? 

..Al

31 minutes ago, Barry said:

Thanks!  That's similar to what I did yesterday, except I only rode half of Deception (didn't do Double Down), and have yet to ride that new stuff behind the Peddler Bike Shop.  And I rode all of Peddler's Pass twice.  Would be great to have a 30+ mile "loop" without having to repeat too much.  When the weather is nice again, the trails are dry, and I start at a reasonable time (not 4pm like I did yesterday), I'll hit that new trail..  What is it called again? (the trail behind Peddler Bike Shop)

..Al

1 minute ago, Albert said:

What is it called again? (the trail behind Peddler Bike Shop)

That I don't know. But you'll really be able to push that mileage up when the new pump track (or is it a jump line?)  behind Peddler's is complete. And it looked close last weekend.