IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

9 minutes ago, HoneyBadger said:

Peddlers Pass is basically in the middle of everything. Most people think its the start/end.

Ya, I'm an idiot. I see posts describing the trail names and should have just asked instead of trying to figure out from Trail forks.

Now I can make sense of the rides you guys do. 🤣🤣🤣

28 minutes ago, schoolie said:

Seems like a good post for a sticky... do we do that here?

I could create and sticky a topic where we can link to maps of local trails.  I can then update the first post in the thread as new maps are created/updated/found.

..Al

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I'm looking at using this mapping software to create maps of other trail systems...just gotta start with a GPX file, I finally figured that out. haha

Any tips/tricks on using this would be much appreciated.

This is going to be super useful for me and my crew...!

Edited by 2112Greg
  • Like 1

I'm looking at using this mapping software to create maps of other trail systems...just gotta start with a GPX file, I finally figured that out. haha
I'll PM you

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2112Greg said:

I love dorking around with map stuff, but I'm not sure what the "getting started" tips really are. If you've got a trail system in mind, you should start a thread topic for it. We could crowd source a siiick caltopo map :classic_cool:

• Like 1

I love dorking around with map stuff, but I'm not sure what the "getting started" tips really are. If you've got a trail system in mind, you should start a thread topic for it. We could crowd source a siiick caltopo map :classic_cool:
I would say getting started tip might be
1. choose your map layer(s) (most likely google satellite)
2. if you import a track ...then hover over it and right click for all the options to edit it
3. when adding a drawn line you gotta double click to stop it

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, circuitbreaker said:

Can someone please do one for BCGB?

i know the main trail, its all the side stuff that i need help with.

Send me a PM and I will send you copy of a map that SOS put out a few years ago. Other than that, ride with someone who knows you.

Any more that that is like a "dog whistle" to certain people (borrowing a term I hear used a lot lately).

• Like 1

Big news for Peddlers Pass...the Cedar Park City Council just approved a permit to hold a race on it, June 15th this year. Its going to be a time trail format, capped at 400 riders.  There will be pro, cat 1, 2 ,3 and juniors with cash pay outs for the winners. The same people that do a lot of TMBRA events are hosting it, so you know its going to be good. There are some other big things in the works for Peddlers Pass that will be revealed soon. I'm going to need alot of help getting the trail ready for the race, so keep an eye out for work days.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, HoneyBadger said:

Big news for Peddlers Pass...the Cedar Park City Council just approved a permit to hold a race on it, June 15th this year. Its going to be a time trail format, capped at 400 riders.  There will be pro, cat 1, 2 ,3 and juniors with cash pay outs for the winners. The same people that do a lot of TMBRA events are hosting it, so you know its going to be good. There are some other big things in the works for Peddlers Pass that will be revealed soon. I'm going to need alot of help getting the trail ready for the race, so keep an eye out for work days.

Is the race good news or bad news?

It's very good. It promotes mountain biking.

Will the race be a loop that consists of the east and west of peddler? Was wondering how the cross over under the bridge will work? Or will there be some new additions/ route reorientation that will occur? Overall excited about the news. Ready to help out as needed - before and during the race. Hopefully the June race will have dry conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rode Picnic, Double-Down, Up-and-Over, Rim, and Snail - all in great shape. Was cold and damp, but no slick spots. Get you some now as it looks like chances for more rain later today and tomorrow. Put my new Remedy 27.5 through the paces out there today, and it lapped that shit up like a stray dog on carnival puke.  

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, throet said:

Rode Picnic, Double-Down, Up-and-Over, Rim, and Snail - all in great shape. Was cold and damp, but no slick spots. Get you some now as it looks like chances for more rain later today and tomorrow. Put my new Remedy 27.5 through the paces out there today, and it lapped that shit up like a stray dog on carnival puke.  

Rain chances are staying pretty low until late tonight, it's even going to warm up slightly after 4pm....go get some.

2019-03-01 11_41_03-Austin, TX Hourly Forecast _ Weather Underground.jpg

• Like 1