IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

6 minutes ago, RedRider3141 said:

Where were you guys tonight?! Save for 2 other guys it felt like I had the trails to myself! Aside from being cold the trails are in great shape. Buck up, bundle up and get some! 

gross. i was hunkered down in my heated garage getting my bike ready for Dino!

13 hours ago, RedRider3141 said:

Where were you guys tonight?! Save for 2 other guys it felt like I had the trails to myself! Aside from being cold the trails are in great shape. Buck up, bundle up and get some! 

I've been in my unheated (but worklights help!) garage building the Skills with Phil beginner ramps.  Of course, before I began the garage needed a full clean-up and de-clutter session.

I finally hit Suburban Ninja over the weekend.  Other than a minor altercation with a cactus, we had a great time.  I can't believe how much trail is back there and the work being done on the pump/jump line looks awesome.  The only hiccup in our ride was trying to figure out how to get from SN over to BC.  We eventually figured it out, but it involved some trial and error and consulting of some maps.  I know there's no way to get there without riding some streets, but I'm still not convinced we did it the "right" way. 

I finally hit Suburban Ninja over the weekend.  Other than a minor altercation with a cactus, we had a great time.  I can't believe how much trail is back there and the work being done on the pump/jump line looks awesome.  The only hiccup in our ride was trying to figure out how to get from SN over to BC.  We eventually figured it out, but it involved some trial and error and consulting of some maps.  I know there's no way to get there without riding some streets, but I'm still not convinced we did it the "right" way. 
PM sent

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, First-Blood said:

PM sent

Thanks for the map.  We followed SN past the retention pond at the end of the cul-de-sac (near Brady Ridge Drive) and we eventually came upon a fence.  It looked like people had been going around the right side of the fence (the side away from the creek), but it wasn't so worn in that we felt comfortable going that way.  We didn't want to accidentally trespass and piss off any landowners.  Looks like we should have kept going past the fence and we would have found some more trail that eventually dumped us near the end of Kati Ln. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, olddbrider said:

Thanks for the map.  We followed SN past the retention pond at the end of the cul-de-sac (near Brady Ridge Drive) and we eventually came upon a fence.  It looked like people had been going around the right side of the fence (the side away from the creek), but it wasn't so worn in that we felt comfortable going that way.  We didn't want to accidentally trespass and piss off any landowners.  Looks like we should have kept going past the fence and we would have found some more trail that eventually dumped us near the end of Kati Ln. 

Is that legit, accessing it via Kati? I rode that back when SNinja first came about but it seemed that fences/no trespassing signs were getting torn down and then replaced, so I have been avoiding it. 

5 minutes ago, GFisher said:

Is that legit, accessing it via Kati? I rode that back when SNinja first came about but it seemed that fences/no trespassing signs were getting torn down and then replaced, so I have been avoiding it. 

The access from Kati is on the opposite side of the cul-de-sac from private property. It's technically City of Cedar Park Property.

• Like 1

The access from Kati is on the opposite side of the cul-de-sac from private property. It's technically City of Cedar Park Property.
It's now Cedar Park property. It was private. Cedar Park is going to be building a trail at some point. Permission has been given to build along in here prior to the path being constructed.

• Like 2

I'm planning on riding tomorrow for the first time since semen was invented.
 I expect everything to be at perfection, or there will be a very nasty Yelp review.

Make sure you hit the new wet concrete feature over by Peddlers. Super fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, 2112Greg said:

So here's a question, how do you get to Dave's Ditch?  I've looked for it on Strava and it doesn't come up since maybe it goes by a different name.  But if someone could tell me how to get there, that'd be grrreaaaat, thanks.. 

There are two ways.  To start from the top, ride Rim Job and when the trail gets to a T intersection (where you have to go left up the hill or right towards the creek), go up the hill on the left.  At the top of the hill, continue right (it's the only way you can go).  Follow the trail for a bit, and it will dump down onto the top of Dave's Ditch.  I usually avoid riding it if there's water flowing down the first "drop".  

You can also ride it backwards.  As you ride down the Brushy Creek Regional Trail away from the YMCA, there's a bridge right after the 183A overpasses (or just before if you're coming from the other direction).  Immediately after the bridge on the right you'll see a trail that dips down immediately.  This trail is the end of Dave's Ditch.  

..Al

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Albert said:

There are two ways.  To start from the top, ride Rim Job and when the trail gets to a T intersection (where you have to go left up the hill or right towards the creek), go up the hill on the left.  At the top of the hill, continue right (it's the only way you can go).  Follow the trail for a bit, and it will dump down onto the top of Dave's Ditch.  I usually avoid riding it if there's water flowing down the first "drop".  

You can also ride it backwards.  As you ride down the Brushy Creek Regional Trail away from the YMCA, there's a bridge right after the 183A overpasses (or just before if you're coming from the other direction).  Immediately after the bridge on the right you'll see a trail that dips down immediately.  This trail is the end of Dave's Ditch.  

..Al

What he said. Here's the map:

https://caltopo.com/m/BR36

• Like 1

So here's a question, how do you get to Dave's Ditch?  I've looked for it on Strava and it doesn't come up since maybe it goes by a different name.  But if someone could tell me how to get there, that'd be grrreaaaat, thanks.. 

What the others have said. But on Strava I believe the name that comes up most is DEATH STAR RUN or search BCB Dave's Ditch

• Like 1

Just now, CBaron said:

We were there last Thursday and it was considerably wet.  I mean it almost always seems to have a little trickle of water, but this was legit wet.  I have no idea how you'd go up DD if it was wet.  Its soooooo slickery.

-CJB

I was surprised how "wet" Caddy Shack was on Monday considering how dry Peddlers was. The rock along that ridge must ooze moisture for a long time after a rain. 

• Like 1