IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

We were there last Thursday and it was considerably wet.  I mean it almost always seems to have a little trickle of water, but this was legit wet.  I have no idea how you'd go up DD if it was wet.  Its soooooo slickery.
-CJB
It's not too hard. Just commit. The key is a consistent speed. If you try and power up it your wheel will slip

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, spicewookie said:

What's the best place to get on Peddler's Pass?  Asking for a friend with kids.....

I've been looking at the CalTopo map.  Just north of the baseball fields?  Sorry,  I live in Spicewood.

I enter just past the Parmer overpass.  Left just after the overpass, as you are headed toward the lake.

What's the best place to get on Peddler's Pass?  Asking for a friend with kids.....

I've been looking at the CalTopo map.  Just north of the baseball fields?  Sorry,  I live in Spicewood.

The official and only current "approved" entry and exit are in the same spot. In the corner of the lake park just before the foot bridge that heads towards Parmer.

I'll update the map to show it

4 minutes ago, First-Blood said:

The official and only current "approved" entry and exit are in the same spot. In the corner of the lake park just before the foot bridge that heads towards Parmer.

Bitchin!  And, thanks!

8 minutes ago, First-Blood said:

Whoops...lol

ignore everything I said @spicewookie  lol

24 minutes ago, First-Blood said:

Although, until the workmen are done pouring and repouring, Peddler's is actually 3 separate loops.  So do the loop in the corner of the lake park, then pop out to the cement towards Parmer.  Head north right before the the Parmer overpass and you'll see the second loop on your right.  When you come out of there go straight across under Parmer overpass and you'll find the 3rd loop.

You know, unless everything has changed again.

• Like 1

Although, until the workmen are done pouring and repouring, Peddler's is actually 3 separate loops.  So do the loop in the corner of the lake park, then pop out to the cement towards Parmer.  Head north right before the the Parmer overpass and you'll see the second loop on your right.  When you come out of there go straight across under Parmer overpass and you'll find the 3rd loop.
You know, unless everything has changed again.
Good point.... but also
I thought we were trying to see this pour last til June. Just bunny hop any felled tree barrier because that shit ain't official dammit. Hahaha

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HoneyBadger said:

There's going to be a few re-routes on Peddlers Pass East of Parmer. This is been done to adjust for the new sidewalk and removing the crossover under Parmer.

The new stuff will be run the opposite direction, it flows a lot better that way. The creek crossings will be reversed along with the trails next to the creek. The roller section will get some extra trail.

24 minutes ago, HoneyBadger said:

The new stuff will be run the opposite direction, it flows a lot better that way. The creek crossings will be reversed along with the trails next to the creek. The roller section will get some extra trail.

Remember when you orginally made that trail and you had those square concrete blocks with green arrows on them?

If I paint some blocks and put arrows on them and drop them off there can we use those to show direction?

• Like 2

Had a great ride at Brushy Creek today.  Ended up with 37 miles, but this was partly due to getting lost in Suburban Ninja and riding one trail loop three times.  Those are fun trails, though, glad I got up there!  Also stopped at the Peddler Bike Shop and bought two new tires (which they installed while I waited) as I got a flat on Deception and had to install a tube.  And my other tire was old and had sealant leaking from a few places.  😄 I also crashed at mile 2.4 while making the initial climb in Caddyshack, a bit close too the edge for comfort...   

https://www.strava.com/activities/2198312860

Oh, they poured more concrete today.  On my second ride through Peddler's Pass, they actually put up some signs that stated "TRAIL CLOSED".  Amusingly, one of the signs is facing Peddler's Pass.  There were several workers standing around that area, perhaps guarding their handiwork.  There's only one small section remaining to be poured, so hopefully it'll be done soon.  Of course, where this new trail intersects with the BCRT there are absolutely zero barriers to prevent people from riding/running/walking up it..  The mind boggles. 

..Al

• Like 2

Hey everyone. Wanted to first off say thanks to those who stop and do little bit of work on trail here and there. But secondly ask a favor of any of you guys. I currently am on baby duty and dont get to ride or maintain like I want to. I rode yesterday and on my way through Rim job I noticed an unauthorized cut through. These things i used to combat ALL the time when i was present more. This cut through was very obvious ... a corridor pretty wide and they made a path lined with rocks. The frustrating and puzzling thing about this one was that an official across line already exists 30 ft or so further down the trail. Wtf! Anyways this particular one was just as you finish the line along the cliff of Rim heading west and you are coming up on the line that parallels the Rim line... we used to call it Dave's Glitch East. It takes you into the bottom of the ditch closest to the bcrt. I closed it off. If you guys are riding and see it open back up do me a solid and block it. I'll make a sign if it keeps being an issue. This blocking request really goes for any unofficial cut through. Most of you guys know what's official. We wont make any change to the trail without posting it up in social media first.

Thanks in advance.

• Like 3