IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

29 minutes ago, First-Blood said:

Hey everyone. Wanted to first off say thanks to those who stop and do little bit of work on trail here and there. But secondly ask a favor of any of you guys. I currently am on baby duty and dont get to ride or maintain like I want to. I rode yesterday and on my way through Rim job I noticed an unauthorized cut through. These things i used to combat ALL the time when i was present more. This cut through was very obvious ... a corridor pretty wide and they made a path lined with rocks. The frustrating and puzzling thing about this one was that an official across line already exists 30 ft or so further down the trail. Wtf! Anyways this particular one was just as you finish the line along the cliff of Rim heading west and you are coming up on the line that parallels the Rim line... we used to call it Dave's Glitch East. It takes you into the bottom of the ditch closest to the bcrt. I closed it off. If you guys are riding and see it open back up do me a solid and block it. I'll make a sign if it keeps being an issue. This blocking request really goes for any unofficial cut through. Most of you guys know what's official. We wont make any change to the trail without posting it up in social media first.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I saw that the other day... it looked so official I thought it might be, lol. 

There are a couple spots on double down that have had alternate lines cut (going around a couple technical choke points), I'll try and get pics/block them next time I'm out there, probably next week some time.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, First-Blood said:

Hey everyone. Wanted to first off say thanks to those who stop and do little bit of work on trail here and there. But secondly ask a favor of any of you guys. I currently am on baby duty and dont get to ride or maintain like I want to. I rode yesterday and on my way through Rim job I noticed an unauthorized cut through. These things i used to combat ALL the time when i was present more. This cut through was very obvious ... a corridor pretty wide and they made a path lined with rocks. The frustrating and puzzling thing about this one was that an official across line already exists 30 ft or so further down the trail. Wtf! Anyways this particular one was just as you finish the line along the cliff of Rim heading west and you are coming up on the line that parallels the Rim line... we used to call it Dave's Glitch East. It takes you into the bottom of the ditch closest to the bcrt. I closed it off. If you guys are riding and see it open back up do me a solid and block it. I'll make a sign if it keeps being an issue. This blocking request really goes for any unofficial cut through. Most of you guys know what's official. We wont make any change to the trail without posting it up in social media first.

I used this cut through yesterday and the last time I was out there as well...   Didn't know it wasn't official, and it was handy yesterday after finishing that climb from Dave's Ditch.  

I used this cut through yesterday and the last time I was out there as well...   Didn't know it wasn't official, and it was handy yesterday after finishing that climb from Dave's Ditch.  

It may not be the same one. There already is one that I use all the time after that climb. It's just a short cut over in the open. This new one was just at the apex of the last climbing corner and they broke branches and lined the path with lots of little rocks

I saw that the other day... it looked so official I thought it might be, lol. 
There are a couple spots on double down that have had alternate lines cut (going around a couple technical choke points), I'll try and get pics/block them next time I'm out there, probably next week some time.
Thanks. Double down is a black trail. Any dangerous obstacles there are already B lines to. People try and dumb down that trail a lot. Thanks for the pics in advance

The one I went through (at least twice now) is right through the trees and is lined with rocks on both sides. 

..Al

Yup. I blocked that. There is a cut over just 30 ft or so beyond that. Use that one. Thanks.

Maybe I need to make the official cut over more obvious . Next time I'm out ill give it a good work over.

Just after the rollers on Peddlers Pass I'm building a new berm/line. The original line is still supposed to be open, someone keeps blocking it, please stop. I'll close it when the berm is finished.
It's the concrete workers getting revenge

I propose that we roll up on those concrete workers and offer to let them take a ride or two on Peddler's while we watch the concrete dry.

Or...we could hit that 7-11 right there and offer them a cold beer.  They have power tools and a permit to build trail!  Could you imagine how fast those berms could get built with a little hydraulic power?!

• Like 2

What I wanna know is which one of you have time to ride AND stop and make a random, un-sanctioned trail change? I'll come out and help on a build day given enough notice but honestly when I'm out to ride, I'm there to ride. Unless there is a treedown or other act of nature that I can resolve in a minute or two I'm not interested in becoming a trailside stonemason. 

It may not be the same one. There already is one that I use all the time after that climb. It's just a short cut over in the open. This new one was just at the apex of the last climbing corner and they broke branches and lined the path with lots of little rocks  

That has been there since easily December.
My kid and blocked it once and got rid of the rocks. Whoever did it again double downed and made the rock lined path.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, First-Blood said:

Wtf! Anyways this particular one was just as you finish the line along the cliff of Rim heading west and you are coming up on the line that parallels the Rim line... we used to call it Dave's Glitch East. It takes you into the bottom of the ditch closest to the bcrt.

I don't get it! Are people trying to bypass Dave's Glitch? That's one of my favorite spots. 

In an attempt to beat whatever rain we get this weekend, I tried to ride early this morning. The slimestone on rim trail was treacherous so after a bit of that nonsense I turned around. It was otherwise a great ride this morning (around 9:30) and I saw only one other rider on the trails.

• Like 2

I don't get it! Are people trying to bypass Dave's Glitch? That's one of my favorite spots. 
I get the impression it is a hiker. It cuts straight from the main trail up off RJ and down to the creek bypassing the whole area which isn't too hiking friendly going down Dave's Ditch.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yes. I sometimes use the existing short cut over while traveling uphill from out of the ditch. I Never use it when traveling from Rim into the ditch. It all depends on if I'm running or if I just am not feeling it that day and been on a long ride already.

• Like 1

Maybe leave a note there asking the individual to not cut trail without involvement of trail stewards and that there's an official connector only 50 feet away?
  ..Al
I have done this in the past if a few reblocks dont stop it. I may just do it now anyways.

There is a cut through between Dub Step and Pre Plunge that I have repeatedly blocked but to no avail. There is also a by pass at Puzzler that goes around the trees with the rocks, only saw that one last time I rode, didn't get a chance to block it. There are a couple others, one after Loyd Bridges after the rock feature I think is called Bird Song? Where it steps down to the small downhill section before going back into the woods. I have also tried to block that one a couple of times with no success. People suck!

• Like 1

There is a cut through between Dub Step and Pre Plunge that I have repeatedly blocked but to no avail. There is also a by pass at Puzzler that goes around the trees with the rocks, only saw that one last time I rode, didn't get a chance to block it. There are a couple others, one after Loyd Bridges after the rock feature I think is called Bird Song? Where it steps down to the small downhill section before going back into the woods. I have also tried to block that one a couple of times with no success. People suck!

I'll make a few signs and get them out in problem areas. I knew about Puzzler. I'm not so concerned with small go arounds on some features on 1/4 Notch but cut throughs and all new paths are a concern anywhere.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Ganderson said:

It was dry as a bone this afternoon.. go get some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Indeed! Wonderful out there between 5-6:30 this evening. A little on the warm side when I first started, but cooled off pretty quickly.