IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

There's a big building session today at Brushy. People are meeting at the skate park at 6:00 pm. The plan is to clean up Mulligan, Deception, etc. I'll also be working on my own clean up on Peddlers (West Side of Parmer) starting around 4:30 near the skinny triangular bridge. If enough people come to help me there's a berm that needs to be finished near the rollers. If you can, please come and help in one or both locations. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HoneyBadger said:

There's a big building session today at Brushy. People are meeting at the skate park at 6:00 pm. The plan is to clean up Mulligan, Deception, etc. I'll also be working on my own clean up on Peddlers (West Side of Parmer) starting around 4:30 near the skinny triangular bridge. If enough people come to help me there's a berm that needs to be finished near the rollers. If you can, please come and help in one or both locations. 

Hey Ronan, is this event occurring rain or shine? I have a class tonight that conflicts with this event, otherwise I’d join, but definitely spreading the word. 

3 hours ago, HoneyBadger said:

Thanks. What do you mean by "clean up"?

Won't be able to make it tonight, but if you post up a punch list of any remaining items, I can find time during the rest of the week to head out for some additional clean-up.
14 people showed up for this event. That's awesome. I think Brushy proper trails might be covered. But I know Honey Badger could use some additional help. I believe he is creating an overall wider corridor in Peddlers to create better lines of sight and continuity of flow throughout. Also it will allow for racers to have more opportunities to safely pass. I'm sure he will post up again.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’ll get out n clean up some stuff tomorrow while it’s raining. Thinking gumdrop/gnargasm/short trail across creek from gnar (I call it Scott’s Shit)...area. 

Side Note: camped n rode Muleshoe this weekend. Forgot what a freaking fun, fast, good time (most of) that trail is!

1 hour ago, Morealice said:

I’ll get out n clean up some stuff tomorrow while it’s raining. Thinking gumdrop/gnargasm/short trail across creek from gnar (I call it Scott’s Shit)...area. 

While we are on the topic. What's the "right" way to get from Gnar/ Caddyshack back to the BCRT? I used to ride across the dry portion of the creek bed to the west/south side of the bridge but they fenced that. Now I hop over the fence. During warmer weather I might cross the creek but still...

Edited by RedRider3141

5 minutes ago, RedRider3141 said:

While we are on the topic. What's the "right" way to get from Gnar/ Caddyshack back to the BCRT? I used to ride across the dry portion of the creek bed to the west/south side of the bridge but they fenced that. Now I hop over the fence. During warmer weather I might cross the creek but still...

I personally go back up the trail across from the Caddyshack exit, take the right fight fork onto the trail that sits above (and parallel) to Gnargasm and dumps back onto Snow White.  I then ride Snow White backwards, exit, go over the bridge, and take the trail immediately on the left that runs along the BCRT (Playground Pass, I think).  

If you don't want to ride that extra bit of trail, you can always go over the fence.  I've seen others do this, and it's a pretty minimal fence that's easy to get over.  

I have also gone across the creek when it's lower.

5 minutes ago, Albert said:

I personally go back up the trail across from the Caddyshack exit, take the right fight fork onto the trail that sits above (and parallel) to Gnargasm and dumps back onto Snow White.

Are you going back up the wooden feature or is there a connector from the creek back up that I'm not aware of?

1 minute ago, TheSarge said:

Are you going back up the wooden feature or is there a connector from the creek back up that I'm not aware of?

There are really three ways back up.  The wooden feature (a pain, I would not do that), a trail that dumps into that open area right across from the entrance to Caddyshack, or you can more easily ride to the right and up the hill by the golf course bridge, stay in the grass, and then keep left onto trail that goes back into the trees.  The second two options put you on the same trail, and when you get to a fork you can go right onto the trail that sits above Gnargasm. Or you can always ride Gnargasm backwards.  😄  The second option has a rollable drop that's not easy to walk up, so third option to the right is by far the easiest. 

..Al

Well you know my other option. But sometimes I just ride across the creek. It's super shallow and a rocky base now that they did all the work over there.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, First-Blood said:

Well you know my other option. But sometimes I just ride across the creek. It's super shallow and a rocky base now that they did all the work over there.

Yeah, I'm trying to be extra legit as a way of justifying being mildly un-legit when there isn't an option. 😉 

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm trying to be extra legit as a way of justifying being mildly un-legit when there isn't an option. [emoji6] 

And for everyone who cares about the route... I personally dont go around that sweet professionally looking built cedar log fence because the county made it and if a path gets beat in around it they will complain. The only thing they seem to care about in non Wilco territory is just the interface with the BCRT which is their property. So I try and keep that to a minimum to keep them happier.

BUILDING SESSION ON PEDDLERS PASS - I'm holding a building session on Peddlers Pass at 9:00am this Saturday the 16th.  It's time to build the re-routes now the sidewalk is finished, add a new berm, and do some spring cleaning.  We will meet under Parmer Lane and split into groups from there. I would appreciate any help you can give. 

Edited by HoneyBadger