IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

BUILDING SESSION ON PEDDLERS PASS - I'm holding a building session on Peddlers Pass at 9:00am this Saturday the 16th.  It's time to build the re-routes now the sidewalk is finished, add a new berm, and do some spring cleaning.  We will meet under Parmer Lane and slipt into groups from there. I would appreciate any help you can give. 

You will need to explain how one slipt's and what it accomplishes in groups

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

27 minutes ago, HoneyBadger said:

BUILDING SESSION ON PEDDLERS PASS - I'm holding a building session on Peddlers Pass at 9:00am this Saturday the 16th.  It's time to build the re-routes now the sidewalk is finished, add a new berm, and do some spring cleaning.  We will meet under Parmer Lane and split into groups from there. I would appreciate any help you can give. 

Cool, I'm in. 

• Like 1

At the Tandem Super D race at Rocky Hill, we beat everyone into the singletrack and one couple snapped a chain at the start sprint.  Chains are the weak link on a tandem.  Our dude canoe had no weaknesses at all!  At PB, I think we had a couple of high-center incidents.  That was also the year we ran NXNW on the course.

• Like 1

Don't we already have a couple of tandems out in the wild that might be willing to toe the line here?  Maybe a better approach here is to see how much money we can put into a 'tandem winner takes all' cash reward pot.  Assuming this doesn't break any rules, I'm willing to put $10 into that pot to see the winner.  If only one tandem makes it, they win it.  It would totally be worth $10 to me to see it.

Anyone else want to chip in and see if we can entice a couple of teams?

I'd be in if Jay was still here with his Specialized tandem with Fox36.  There aren't many people I would stoker for, but J and I are similar size/riding style/attitude, so it works.  He moved to Baltimore and married some floozy that now rides in my place.  😥

That GT is actually super sick.  I've always had a soft spot for GTs.  I lusted over the old RTS full squishes.

5 minutes ago, spicewookie said:

I'd be in if Jay was still here with his Specialized tandem with Fox36.  There aren't many people I would stoker for, but J and I are similar size/riding style/attitude, so it works.  He moved to Baltimore and married some floozy that now rides in my place.  😥

That GT is actually super sick.  I've always had a soft spot for GTs.  I lusted over the old RTS full squishes.

Married a floozy? I've known Jay for more than 20 years, he married up 😉

3 hours ago, Tree Magnet said:

Don't we already have a couple of tandems out in the wild that might be willing to toe the line here?  Maybe a better approach here is to see how much money we can put into a 'tandem winner takes all' cash reward pot.  Assuming this doesn't break any rules, I'm willing to put $10 into that pot to see the winner.  If only one tandem makes it, they win it.  It would totally be worth $10 to me to see it.

Anyone else want to chip in and see if we can entice a couple of teams?

I've been planning to ride/race the PP event by myself.  But if there is actual money on the line and the competition is less than dozens of other fast-old-guys....then this might get me to dust off the old tandem!  I like where you are going with this...   I'm also not opposed to loaning mine out either.

That looks like a well taken care of machine!  It appears to be just a tad older than mine (mine is a Santana) but the price is pretty good.  If someone was wanting to pick one up for a novelty and to do some riding, I think this one is not a bad option.  Only issue(s) that I see is that it may be a little under-built for any offload 'hammering'.  Mine has an oversized HT, oversize frame tubing, 42 hole rear wheel, and maybe a few other stouter things.

It's currently at $10 but once Cody sets his owners percentage, we should have teams of riders jumping in to try and win.  Let's say each team tosses in another $10 into the pot and BOOM...look out KOM.

I bet you could even talk to Endura Race and Todd might let them race the Tandem division for free assuming they are already registered.

Now you’re seeing the vision. Take 25% of the purse from teams that don’t practice but 50% if they want to have some seat time. Charge 10% if they don’t practice and slam two beers. Take 5% if the stoker goes blindfolded. So many options here!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

44 minutes ago, Tree Magnet said:

However, if they want to give it a shot, the non-rider of the relationship should steer.

You have no idea what you are suggestion here!  This is like inviting the Key Master to come into the room with Zuul the Gatekeeper!  My wife and I could ride out tandem very well (back in the day).  However, on occasion we'd swap places so that we could have an appreciation for what the other's job was.  OMG that was not a pleasant experience.  I'd STRONGLY wager that in this scenario the pair wouldn't successfully make it through 1/4 the course before extreme marital discourse would ensue.