IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

Stopped 9 people riding Peddlers in the last 1.5 hours. Most were beginners and didnt know any better. Three other people turned around when they saw me working....i saw you too. I know who you are. 

Little damp I assume?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not surprised that Peddlers was wet, but 1/4 Notch, Picnic, and Rim were in great shape. The waterfall was raging on Rim but since the rocks on either side were dry I just bombed through it. Wet tire on dusty limestone incline was recipe for disaster though ….. well near disaster anyway. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, throet said:

Not surprised that Peddlers was wet, but 1/4 Notch, Picnic, and Rim were in great shape. The waterfall was raging on Rim but since the rocks on either side were dry I just bombed through it. Wet tire on dusty limestone incline was recipe for disaster though ….. well near disaster anyway. 

Awesome thanks Throet. I bet the caked tires I saw were a result of the “creek” crossing or whatever you want to call that slimey spot on Picnic. 

8 minutes ago, GreenMTBrider said:

Awesome thanks Throet. I bet the caked tires I saw were a result of the “creek” crossing or whatever you want to call that slimey spot on Picnic. 

Hard to say. Maybe they came from Peddlers after HoneyBadger chased them off. There was one puddle on Picnic X, just below the drop lines near the west end, but definitely no mud.  

12 hours ago, HoneyBadger said:

Stopped 9 people riding Peddlers in the last 1.5 hours. Most were beginners and didnt know any better. Three other people turned around when they saw me working....i saw you too. I know who you are. 

I bet one of them was Joe.  Dammit, Joe!

14 hours ago, CBaron said:

You have no idea what you are suggestion here!  This is like inviting the Key Master to come into the room with Zuul the Gatekeeper!  My wife and I could ride out tandem very well (back in the day).  However, on occasion we'd swap places so that we could have an appreciation for what the other's job was.  OMG that was not a pleasant experience.  I'd STRONGLY wager that in this scenario the pair wouldn't successfully make it through 1/4 the course before extreme marital discourse would ensue. 

Jay always rode Captain, as it was his rig.  It was quite liberating to dump all my trust in him (my airbag), bury my helmet into his sweaty, nasty, hairy back, and just hammer as needed.  If you could dispel your belief that you were on a trail with rocks, dirt, and trees, I could just grab the worthless handlebars and crank as hard as possible like i was on a spin bike.  We were VERY surprised at the level of tech we could ride with that much trust and power.  There is no Dana, only Zuul!

What CJB said about trust and practice is so true.  This video was shot at Flat Creek, the week after the first MJC race out there.  It was the very first time we tried the tandem together.  That day, we knew we had good enough chemistry and coordination on the bike to race.  The PB race was a couple of weeks out and we practiced at WC maybe twice before the race.  Jay had never ridden PB and I know it pretty well, so I was calling out gear shifts.  Don't discount the stoker!  At PB, we raced our own category, but we we could match our time to the others that did one lap.  We would have finished mid-pack Cat3 Men 30-39.  Since we were the only tandem in the race, we were alone on the podium, but damn it felt like quite an accomplishment.  Y'all got me all misty missing my Bro.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Tree Magnet said:

Don't we already have a couple of tandems out in the wild that might be willing to toe the line here?  Maybe a better approach here is to see how much money we can put into a 'tandem winner takes all' cash reward pot.  Assuming this doesn't break any rules, I'm willing to put $10 into that pot to see the winner.  If only one tandem makes it, they win it.  It would totally be worth $10 to me to see it.

Anyone else want to chip in and see if we can entice a couple of teams?

Ill match donations up to $100.

• Like 2

I rode this AM.
Picnic, Bailout to 1/4 notch.. picnic again to Bailout then DD to up and over to Rim to Snail to Rim to Picnic X to picnic.

Trails themselves zero mud. 1 little puddle on DD and the 2 or 3 usual ones on 1/4.
Bottom of the rollers on PIcnic X had it's big ol puddle

Did not ride Honeybadgers domain at all as that seems to not dry quick and I don't need a shovel upside my head.
Enjoy.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

On 3/8/2019 at 11:24 AM, First-Blood said:

Thanks. Double down is a black trail. Any dangerous obstacles there are already B lines to. People try and dumb down that trail a lot. Thanks for the pics in advance

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Blocked the aforementioned go-arounds on DD today. It's nothing particularly permanent, so I imagine they'll probably get moved again... just keep moving them back!

IMG_20190314_124019786_HDR.thumb.jpg.41d3fa3198b4d2e759e3e7584596f1ab.jpg

IMG_20190314_124205589_HDR.thumb.jpg.04126990fd498429ef84244ffbd0fe3c.jpg

IMG_20190314_124515220_HDR.thumb.jpg.1454ba9a72de668877d0e2c5abd43113.jpgIMG_20190314_124810039_HDR.thumb.jpg.43ed59b84e08c3f8c3af598c6a585948.jpg

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, schoolie said:

Blocked the aforementioned go-arounds on DD today. It's nothing particularly permanent, so I imagine they'll probably get moved again... just keep moving them back!

IMG_20190314_124019786_HDR.thumb.jpg.41d3fa3198b4d2e759e3e7584596f1ab.jpg

IMG_20190314_124205589_HDR.thumb.jpg.04126990fd498429ef84244ffbd0fe3c.jpg

IMG_20190314_124515220_HDR.thumb.jpg.1454ba9a72de668877d0e2c5abd43113.jpgIMG_20190314_124810039_HDR.thumb.jpg.43ed59b84e08c3f8c3af598c6a585948.jpg

I saw you guys out there while you were blocking the bypass in that last picture. Thanks for doing that.

2 hours ago, Cafeend said:

I rode this AM.
Picnic, Bailout to 1/4 notch.. picnic again to Bailout then DD to up and over to Rim to Snail to Rim to Picnic X to picnic.

Trails themselves zero mud. 1 little puddle on DD and the 2 or 3 usual ones on 1/4.
Bottom of the rollers on PIcnic X had it's big ol puddle

Did not ride Honeybadgers domain at all as that seems to not dry quick and I don't need a shovel upside my head.
Enjoy.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Peddlers is good to go. I rode it at lunchtime and it's fine. I guess the drainage improvements have worked.

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, HoneyBadger said:

I saw you guys out there while you were blocking the bypass in that last picture. Thanks for doing that.

Seemed like Snaggle Rock got chopped again too. Been a  couple of years since that happened so not sure why all of a sudden it's a problem.