IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

Blocked the aforementioned go-arounds on DD today. It's nothing particularly permanent, so I imagine they'll probably get moved again... just keep moving them back!
IMG_20190314_124019786_HDR.thumb.jpg.41d3fa3198b4d2e759e3e7584596f1ab.jpg
IMG_20190314_124205589_HDR.thumb.jpg.04126990fd498429ef84244ffbd0fe3c.jpg
IMG_20190314_124515220_HDR.thumb.jpg.1454ba9a72de668877d0e2c5abd43113.jpgIMG_20190314_124810039_HDR.thumb.jpg.43ed59b84e08c3f8c3af598c6a585948.jpg
Ha. Was that you I questioned on what you were doing. If so thanks for blocking that up. May need to do a more permanent block there too. I'm thinking big boulder.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, First-Blood said:

Ha. Was that you I questioned on what you were doing. If so thanks for blocking that up. May need to do a more permanent block there too. I'm thinking big boulder.

Sure was, lol. I was the guy in the blue helmet :)

We rolled a decent sized rock up the hill to help, but it could definitely stand to be beefed up a bit.

• Like 2

Isn’t one of the lines there over the big rock? ... or the alternative wall ride? 
Big rock is fun, I don’t think it should have branches on it. But If it needs to be for some reason, wall ride is fun too
You are right. I didn't look close enough at that. One of the lines IS OVER and should stay that way

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, First-Blood said:

You are right. I didn't look close enough at that. One of the lines IS OVER and should stay that way

Aah, my bad. I don't think I've ever gone over that rock. I'll have to try that next time I'm out there!

If you get there before me, move the branches a bit. I probably won't be back out there until Monday.

• Like 1

REMINDER: There's a building session on Peddlers Pass tomorrow at 9:00am - 11:00am (meet under Parmer). There is a lot to be done. Even if you can only spare 20 minutes before your ride, I would really appreciate it. If you show up later, look for us near the rollers East of Parmer.

I can sign paydirt forms

Edited by HoneyBadger
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HoneyBadger said:

REMINDER: There's a building session on Peddlers Pass tomorrow at 9:00am - 11:00am (meet under Parmer). There is a lot to be done. Even if you can only spare 20 minutes before your ride, I would really appreciate it. If you show up later, look for us near the rollers East of Parmer.

I can sign paydirt forms

I'll be there

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HoneyBadger said:

I can sign paydirt forms

Other than a shovel, what should I bring. Pair of loppers?

2 hours ago, Kobra Kai MTB Guy said:

I don't know the name of this feature, but does anyone else take the up-and-over line in blue as opposed to trying to squeeze in between?  Kind of fun if you haven't tried it.

EDIT: clearly I didn't read the entire thread before posting this...

Pic.PNG

I avoid the squeeze by staying high and right. There are a LOT of places I ride above the line most people take.

I think I want to try that line over the rock. That one had not caught my eye.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, HoneyBadger said:

I can sign paydirt forms

A92F6D61-86CF-4B76-8633-D7C6BAA3D126.jpeg

41A074F8-04A8-4FE7-A68F-C8A1A2BBA665.jpeg

66ACA981-49C2-497C-B755-DDE4082055FD.jpeg

1FCCC74C-3662-4A55-9322-E88C708A4A3F.jpeg

378B109C-D674-4C1A-9B4A-6E9BAD189A23.jpeg

20486CDE-39F3-459B-97FB-5E9B6E2B050D.jpeg

• Like 8

I moved the two branches slightly to the left that were on top of that rock in Double Down yesterday afternoon.  Alternate line is still blocked but now you can ride over the rock.  I gotta say that rock is a lot more intimidating in person than it is on the pictures above.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AntonioGG said:

I moved the two branches slightly to the left that were on top of that rock in Double Down yesterday afternoon.  Alternate line is still blocked but now you can ride over the rock.  I gotta say that rock is a lot more intimidating in person than it is on the pictures above.

Yeah, I certainly don't recall it looking as easy as it does in the photos.  😄 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Albert said:

Yeah, I certainly don't recall it looking as easy as it does in the photos.  😄 

It doesn't help that when you get to it you've just negotiated a gnarly rock garden and are stoked to still be pedaling and not walking.  I've contemplated trying to ride it but it's like the dragon's balls at Pace Bend.  If I had some people standing there watching and spotting me, I'd hit it and probably make it.  Without that peer pressure and safety blanket, it's a risk that I'm generally not inclined to take.

• Like 1

It doesn't help that when you get to it you've just negotiated a gnarly rock garden and are stoked to still be pedaling and not walking.  I've contemplated trying to ride it but it's like the dragon's balls at Pace Bend.  If I had some people standing there watching and spotting me, I'd hit it and probably make it.  Without that peer pressure and safety blanket, it's a risk that I'm generally not inclined to take.
The key to it is timing like most any other feature. Too slow and you run risk of stalling. But as soon as you get up it just start pushing bars out because the rock isnt long enough to full get on then spot exit you just got trust that the roll out is there and just fine

First time I rode that rock was at night and I was a lot fitter. Today I just went through the tight part because fuck it. Sick ride today. I’m absolutely cooked. I’m at the fitness level now where I tell myself I’m gonna make a charge at EBD, I get to the flat part just before it, shift down the casette one spot and then roll right to the base with a half ass wheelie and stop because I got ZERO gas and ZERO shot at riding up it. But oh well. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Morealice said:

First time I rode that rock was at night and I was a lot fitter. Today I just went through the tight part because fuck it. Sick ride today. I’m absolutely cooked. I’m at the fitness level now where I tell myself I’m gonna make a charge at EBD, I get to the flat part just before it, shift down the casette one spot and then roll right to the base with a half ass wheelie and stop because I got ZERO gas and ZERO shot at riding up it. But oh well. 

Fitter? Yea, me too,  that was a while ago... single speed, even. As for EBD, I know that exact feeling. Or at least I remember it, because I haven't ridden in weeks.

Edited by gotdurt