IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

17 minutes ago, First-Blood said:

East to West is the norm. That's the way you went. But backwards is fun too

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It's a good technical challenge. With me getting back into riding these last few months it's a great test to gauge where I'm at.  Now I just need to check out the rest of what's out there.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CBaron said:

As a creature of habit, I road it E2W only for about 2 yrs.  Then one day I road it W2E...it flows very well that way.  Dare I say its even better!?

-CJB

I definitely prefer 1/4 Notch W2E, which I rode again yesterday (climbing up the bailout).  I don't ride Double Down as often, but also rode that W2E recently. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, First-Blood said:

East to West is the norm. That's the way you went. But backwards is fun too.

The nice thing about Deception is that the 2 bailout points enable a multitude of routes going in both directions. I like to ride the westernmost segment of DD in both directions every time out if I can, at least until it gets too damn hot. I mix and match the eastern segment of DD and 1/4 Notch all sorts of ways with Picnic serving as a connector.

Speaking of trail direction, I was riding Rim W-E and coming up on that last G-out with good speed and had to skid to a stop because somebody was approaching that same G-out from the opposite direction at probably an even faster pace. We exchanged pleasantries and he explained that he was getting ready to hop over it. Certainly not an impossible task, but once you leave the ground there is of course no chance of stopping for oncoming traffic. Hopefully anybody attempting that has really good line of sight on who's coming toward them. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Albert said:

I don't ride Double Down as often, but also rode that W2E recently.

Going W2E from the Picnic Bailout up to Swag Rock has become much more challenging due to all of the erosion - definitely keeps things interesting.  

• Like 1