IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

2 minutes ago, throet said:

Going W2E from the Picnic Bailout up to Swag Rock has become much more challenging due to all of the erosion - definitely keeps things interesting.  

I didn't start riding that until recently (and have never ridden it downhill), so it's always been eroded for me. 😄

• Like 1

Going W2E from the Picnic Bailout up to Swag Rock has become much more challenging due to all of the erosion - definitely keeps things interesting.  

I don’t know
Seems like all that loose ass rock had always been there but up the bailout and straight past the kiosk then left is awesome for me
Sorry I ruined your rhythm yesterday btw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, Cafeend said:

I don’t know
Seems like all that loose ass rock had always been there but up the bailout and straight past the kiosk then left is awesome for me
Sorry I ruined your rhythm yesterday btw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We may be talking about different things. I actually meant from the Picnic X bailout going W2E - so the entire segment from there up to Swag Rock. In particular there are a couple of technical climbs that used to be relatively easy but now are quite difficult. 

53 minutes ago, Yosmithy said:

now that I finally got my hands fixed, I went out on Sat to ride the new (ish) peddlers. Gotta say, I approve...immensely! Hell, I might even ride twice this year now.

Too much paddling man! What kind of hand job did you get? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So while I was out looking for a happy ending last night, I was noticing all the little "additions" to different areas of the trails since I was out there a decade ago. One new "feature" I noticed was on the the east side (creek side) of the bridge at the end of PicnicX. Looks like someone finally made a big G-out drop that crosses over the big bermed section and then straight back up the other side. I'm sure it's a total rush to drop and then G-out, but holy hand-job batman, that looks like and head on waiting to happen with anyone down in that section.

Damn it's nice to ride again

• Like 1

***Officially Official Trail Change***

Went put yesterday with some people doing pay dirt. Noticed 2 issues that had to be addressed and made a fun alt line in Double Down. The alt line I got a pic of. The other 2 I forgot. I try and get back out to post up those. One issue was on a tight turn around some Oaks. The roots had become severely exposed and damage was ensuing. So I took out 2 trees and the line now swing around them slightly. The turn is still a little tight. But it was so tight that people were hammering up and breaking down on these roots. I liked the turn myself but we cant kill oaks for it. The 2nd one was a rock slab on a slight turn that stepped you up or down. The rock was out of place and the ground beneath it was a bit eroded. We placed a few rocks to make it stable. I understand it's not exactly the same. Maybe in the future I can get out with more time and put some real work into it.
The alt line seen in pics is also in double down. It isnt a dumb down alt line. Its actually harder I think but also flower and fun if you can hit it. I hope everyone enjoys it. It looks easier in pics so dont judge too hard. a6d3e8d52769b23a83ab8b97811bc159.jpgaa6da519cc5cd54b195ef3bf1f19bf87.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, First-Blood said:

***Officially Official Trail Change***

One issue was on a tight turn around some Oaks. The roots had become severely exposed and damage was ensuing. So I took out 2 trees and the line now swing around them slightly. The turn is still a little tight. But it was so tight that people were hammering up and breaking down on these roots. I liked the turn myself but we cant kill oaks for it. .

That's awesome.  This is something I often wonder about.  I love the challenge tricky roots and tree gates in some place but I feel bad that some oaks are getting damaged in trails.  Thanks for all the hard work and making the tough calls!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yosmithy said:

So while I was out looking for a happy ending last night, I was noticing all the little "additions" to different areas of the trails since I was out there a decade ago. One new "feature" I noticed was on the the east side (creek side) of the bridge at the end of PicnicX. Looks like someone finally made a big G-out drop that crosses over the big bermed section and then straight back up the other side. I'm sure it's a total rush to drop and then G-out, but holy hand-job batman, that looks like and head on waiting to happen with anyone down in that section.

Damn it's nice to ride again

I noticed that very recently , it is rather new actually. 

Approaching the bridge (headed on the path toward the Sports Park) you can go the traditional way , which is drop in to the right and then down the hill and then left under the bridge or right up to DD.

But if you choose from path the left side you can drop down fast and hard and cross the path and up the other side at the start of Picnic X. Crazy fun stuff. 

I hate to be the fun governor here because that thing is fun as hell and so fast ,, but Smithy is right that is a bad thing waiting to happen. There is zero visibility for the biker coming down that thing and crossing the path at the bottom. I can count 4 spots that someone can get creamed there. I can only imagine at how screwed some kid or dog or jogger or another biker would get with some ass clown bombing down and across that thing oblivious to the fadct he or she is crossing a spot that has 4 trail directions crossing it.

A hiker or kid will surely never see the biker coming down that fast from that far down , it might be in our very best interest to block that before something bad happens. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cafeend said:

But if you choose from path the left side you can drop down fast and hard and cross the path and up the other side at the start of Picnic X. Crazy fun stuff. 

Okay, while sitting for a moment on the opposite side of the trail after I've just finished Picnic, I've seen people drop in on that side but never took a look.  Now I know to do so, as I'm quite curious what this looks like.