IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

I swear this bug has been sitting here in that same spot since last week. Maybe that is what the nasty smell is over by Peddlers ?
Do we need to go back to Carcas cafe ?2bdf8fe0f08508293afe6b338ab0c628.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Think that trunk is big enough to hold a body?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I finished my quick ride and there was a disheveled rotund guy in black shorts and black t shirt walking through the disc golf area. He ducked into the woods and I thought nothing of it. He came out of the woods by the skate park while I was loading up and then I noticed his face was caked in what I guess was sunscreen
He walked to the bug and grabbed keys from the wheel well and got in the car but just sat there
Strange

• Confused 1

Mostly posting this to get rid of the last picture. But this is Jelly Roll on Snow White. I had to restore it the other day. Some ass hat removed the rocks on the backside. That would be a painful OTB if you came over it expecting it to be there. Anyways. Keep an eye out if you use this feature. c175dffa16315a49f58f1ca43e24c6f1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Mostly posting this to get rid of the last picture. But this is Jelly Roll on Snow White. I had to restore it the other day. Some ass hat removed the rocks on the backside. That would be a painful OTB if you came over it expecting it to be there. Anyways. Keep an eye out if you use this feature. c175dffa16315a49f58f1ca43e24c6f1.jpg

That picture does not do that beast justice

• Like 1

I thought it was meant to be hucked by real men, not the type that stand there and look at it and come up with some excuse like me
That was the intention
But reality soon set in. Honestly if the approach was a bit faster and smoother the huck would be more achievable

• Like 2

It's a fun rock crawl. I certainly have no interest in jumping off the thing. I used to roll over it blind each time coming from the backside direction.  But last June I started finding the rock placement unpredictable. I rolled up to find the main backside rock rolled out more than 12" as shown. I just pulled back and somehow managed roll it out without breaking my wheels nor my no OTB rule.

20180614_184646.jpg

• Like 1

On 3/26/2019 at 9:42 AM, First-Blood said:

***Officially Official Trail Change***

Went put yesterday with some people doing pay dirt. Noticed 2 issues that had to be addressed and made a fun alt line in Double Down. The alt line I got a pic of. The other 2 I forgot. I try and get back out to post up those. One issue was on a tight turn around some Oaks. The roots had become severely exposed and damage was ensuing. So I took out 2 trees and the line now swing around them slightly. The turn is still a little tight. But it was so tight that people were hammering up and breaking down on these roots. I liked the turn myself but we cant kill oaks for it. The 2nd one was a rock slab on a slight turn that stepped you up or down. The rock was out of place and the ground beneath it was a bit eroded. We placed a few rocks to make it stable. I understand it's not exactly the same. Maybe in the future I can get out with more time and put some real work into it.
The alt line seen in pics is also in double down. It isnt a dumb down alt line. Its actually harder I think but also flower and fun if you can hit it. I hope everyone enjoys it. It looks easier in pics so dont judge too hard. a6d3e8d52769b23a83ab8b97811bc159.jpgaa6da519cc5cd54b195ef3bf1f19bf87.jpg

I scoped it out yesterday going W-E but didn't attempt it. That little step up on the original line there has actually gotten a bit tricky over the past year with the erosion. Heading back out now to see what kind of trouble I can get myself into!   

• Like 2

I scoped it out yesterday going W-E but didn't attempt it. That little step up on the original line there has actually gotten a bit tricky over the past year with the erosion. Heading back out now to see what kind of trouble I can get myself into!   
Yea. I figured I would leave that step up for those that might try and argue that the new alt line plus a replaced rock qualifies as turning the trail into Walnut. Basically the original rock got knocked into the creek below but whatever. I like the challenge. I think that new alt line has to possibility of being an up as well as a down. Anyone try it yet?

43 minutes ago, First-Blood said:

I think that new alt line has to possibility of being an up as well as a down. Anyone try it yet?

Yep! Rode DD W-E on Tuesday. It works pretty well as an up. Probably a little easier (at least more consistent) than the original line with the erosion as it is now. My first impression was that it flows better too.

Haven't gone E-W to try it as a down yet.

• Like 1

Yep! Rode DD W-E on Tuesday. It works pretty well as an up. Probably a little easier (at least more consistent) than the original line with the erosion as it is now. My first impression was that it flows better too.
Haven't gone E-W to try it as a down yet.
Good to hear

1 hour ago, First-Blood said:

Yea. I figured I would leave that step up for those that might try and argue that the new alt line plus a replaced rock qualifies as turning the trail into Walnut. Basically the original rock got knocked into the creek below but whatever. I like the challenge. I think that new alt line has to possibility of being an up as well as a down. Anyone try it yet?

I rode it E-W going down today. Nice addition! 

• Like 1

On 3/15/2019 at 10:42 AM, Morris said:

Isn’t one of the lines there over the big rock? ... or the alternative wall ride? 

Big rock is fun, I don’t think it should have branches on it. But If it needs to be for some reason, wall ride is fun too

I finally hit that big rock going E-W - cleared it on my first try. Don't think I carry enough momentum to clear it from the other direction but may give it a try one of these days. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Barry said:

It's a fun rock crawl. I certainly have no interest in jumping off the thing. I used to roll over it blind each time coming from the backside direction.  But last June I started finding the rock placement unpredictable. I rolled up to find the main backside rock rolled out more than 12" as shown. I just pulled back and somehow managed roll it out without breaking my wheels nor my no OTB rule.

20180614_184646.jpg

Nice! Pics definitely doesn't do that rock justice. That f@cker is bigger than it looks.

Edited by ATXZJ

Nice! Pics definitely doesn't do that rock justice. That f@cker is bigger than it looks.
It's silly big. On the old MoJo I think there is a video of AJ jumping it. It's funny seeing the fear of death in his face as he does it

• Like 1