IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

24 minutes ago, Cafeend said:

Exactly! That is why where his bike is pictured is so dangerous

My bike is not directly on the trail, unless you are aiming for the tree or you're blind as a bat.  I was standing there and had a clear view if anyone was approaching.  The bike was only there briefly so I could take that shot.  

• Like 1

Just now, Tree Magnet said:

Where you're standing looks dangerous but the bike is out of the way. 

I certainly would have heard someone coming from the other direction.  I personally never approach from that direction since the arrows at the fork before that indicate to go to the right.  Which in my photo you'd be coming from the trail entering from the right.  Not that people look at or care about what signs say.  😄

Also, this was in the middle of the day on a weekday.  Not that many people out there.  Might have been more suicidal on a weekend or evening.

..Al

• Like 1

Sorry.. What I meant is that where your bike is pictured is an example of that area being dangerous. I didn't mean to imply that the fact your ride was right there was in and of itself was bad. It is not of course. But the spot it represents is potentially nasty.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cafeend said:

Sorry.. What I meant is that where your bike is pictured is an example of that area being dangerous. I didn't mean to imply that the fact your ride was right there was in and of itself was bad. It is not of course. But the spot it represents is potentially nasty.

Well, that makes more sense.  😄  Yes, I agree, when looking at it from the top, anyone coming across from the right could get clobbered pretty easily.  

3 hours ago, Albert said:

Here's that drop at the end of Picnic..  from the top and bottom: 

picnic_drop_2.thumb.jpg.89d35d45db933bcee6f56fb60cf7dd5a.jpg

That little tree next to the big tree in the background is what I nearly hooked my handlebar on the first time I rode this trail. Took my eyes off what I was doing for just a second to look down the trail to see where some riders I was following were going. Suddenly realized that the trail was pushing me into the tree (off camber will do that). I was very glad I was clipped in as I was able to quickly hop the bike to the right (don't ask me how... just a reflex reaction) and miss the tree.

Edited by RidingAgain

Putting a big boulder at the top of a ledge next to a trail is just daring a bunch of high school kids to try and push it over the edge.

In my view, there are a lot better drops out there that don’t present this level of conflict. I have no problem if it were be closed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 3/27/2019 at 8:37 AM, McRibs said:

I am not sure that that is so much of  a drop-in as it is a way out. If you are riding E2W and coming FROM the picnicX drops, not towards, then when you come down into the ditch, you can pedal real hard and make it out of there without having to do the Gs and go up the root drop or b-line out 

I always give a "whooop woop!" shout as I'm dropping in.  Also look to the right and ahead to make sure no one is coming from double down or picnic before I drop in.  It's pretty damned fun.

checked it out tonight, watched a couple of Hooligans (they know who they are) drop into it with reckless abandon. I gave it a try, and yeah, it's FAF, but definitely a bit blind.

I hate to ever agree with First Blood, but I think he might be right about cleaning out the top for better visibility and it might have a chance. IMO if something tragic were to happen to that cedar tree at the top on the bridge side of the drop, it would provide a lot visibility.

Don't tell him I agreed with him, he'll want royalties

• Like 3
  • Haha 1