IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

checked it out tonight, watched a couple of Hooligans (they know who they are) drop into it with reckless abandon. I gave it a try, and yeah, it's FAF, but definitely a bit blind.
I hate to ever agree with First Blood, but I think he might be right about cleaning out the top for better visibility and it might have a chance. IMO if something tragic were to happen to that cedar tree at the top on the bridge side of the drop, it would provide a lot visibility.

Don't tell him I agreed with him, he'll want royalties
Come at me bro!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, First-Blood said:

Come in me bro!

Fixed

on another note I cannot wait to get a shorter travel 29er down the road. Right now that coin is earmarked for a dual sport moto. I’ll give this Troy another couple years. 

Rode last night and actually wasn’t tired going up EBD. I got to the top charging at the step and froze because I was thinking to myself, “I am actually gonna make a decent run at this”....so I stopped at the bottom of the step. 

FirstBlood, there is no room for you in my head. I’m already all up in it, but next ride I’m going for my first no dab E-W Deception ride in years. And when you start doing longer rides again, I’m gonna pop you like a damn bra strap son! The way things used to be. The RIGHT way.

Edited by Morealice
Uh huh
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Browndog said:

I rode that drop last night for the first time. It’s fun but I think flowing over the berms is more fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm with you on that. Down the roots, up the berm, left around the tree, down and back up the berm right, down and up into PIcnicX. Be careful of that second berm when it's wet it's slippery as f*ck.

• Like 2

On 3/13/2019 at 11:29 AM, Tree Magnet said:

Don't we already have a couple of tandems out in the wild that might be willing to toe the line here?  Maybe a better approach here is to see how much money we can put into a 'tandem winner takes all' cash reward pot.  Assuming this doesn't break any rules, I'm willing to put $10 into that pot to see the winner.  If only one tandem makes it, they win it.  It would totally be worth $10 to me to see it.

Anyone else want to chip in and see if we can entice a couple of teams?

i think it has too many words. Put the action at the top

DO NOT MODIFY THE TRAIL

you will find sections that you cannot ride, walk them for now.

over time your skills will improve and you will learn to ride them.

• Like 5

i think it has too many words. Put the action at the top
DO NOT MODIFY THE TRAIL
you will find sections that you cannot ride, walk them for now.
over time your skills will improve and you will learn to ride them.

Noted. We will see. Spent enough time on it. Got real work to do.

Finally got out for a ride on the new frame after looking at it for a month. Interesting day for a Tuesday at 2pm... almost had a head-on with a guy on PX (he had just come down the little hill at the east end where it starts), then I come across the old hiking stick man sitting on the send-it rock at the swag drop... he was clueless and I didn't want to ask him to get outa the way, nor did I want to bomb past him (bombing that section was why I was there), so I waited him out... man, that old dude can sit his bony arse on a rock for a long time...

20190402_144356.jpg

Then I came up on a bell jingling on RJ; it was coming toward me, and sounded like a big dog loose with a bell on its collar, so I stopped and waited so as not to surprise it... only to find out it was a rider, lol. I don't know how he rides like that, the constant jingling would drive me insane.

Edited by gotdurt

14 hours ago, gotdurt said:

Then I came up on a bell jingling on RJ; it was coming toward me, and sounded like a big dog loose with a bell on its collar, so I stopped and waited so as not to surprise it... only to find out it was a rider, lol. I don't know how he rides like that, the constant jingling would drive me insane.

I've got a bell like that, Its called a timber bell. It basically has an on off switch. Handy on fast/ blind two-way trails. I seldom use it, but handy when I do. 

https://reviews.mtbr.com/timber-bike-bell-review

18 hours ago, Cafeend said:

Well how was the new frame?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

It's good, but I went slightly overboard on the reach, so it's not as playful as I usually like my hardtails to be... however, long story short, he's building me another frame and waiting for me to put this one through testing for any adjustments.

• Like 2

Last night was perfect on Peddlers Pass.  Got in 3 laps, and even though it is a suspect Strava Time, beat my previous best by 3 min.  (I don't care, let me enjoy it in ignorance)  LOL

Heads Up - The Little Bellas (young girl group sponsored by BSS) rides Thursday nights.   Was great to see so many little lady shredders out there.  I rode behind them, and they let me pass when they could.  I made sure to tell them they were doing great and to keep it up.

So, if you are looking for Strava KOMs, don't go Thurs night.  

Edited by biga9999
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, biga9999 said:

Last night was perfect on Peddlers Pass.  Got in 3 laps, and even though it is a suspect Strava Time, beat my previous best by 3 min.  (I don't care, let me enjoy it in ignorance)  LOL

Heads Up - The Little Bellas (young girl group sponsored by BSS) rides Thursday nights.   Was great to see so many little lady shredders out there.  I rode behind them, and they let me pass when they could.  I made sure to tell them they were doing great and to keep it up.

So, if you are looking for Strava KOMs, don't go Thurs night.  

That place was a zoo last night. I ended up just bailing off because of all the riders and the larger group of runners

Just now, biga9999 said:

I thought I saw you and ended up chasing down a dude named David.  hahaha

Well, I hope you did call David the same names you call me 🙂

On a side note, if the dude that wadded up hard coming down Bail out from 1/4 notch is on here. I hope you recover (and found all your teeth). Like I said last night. Try not to let it get in your head, and swing you leg back over that bike and keep riding. It happens.

2 minutes ago, Yosmithy said:

Well, I hope you did call David the same names you call me 🙂

On a side note, if the dude that wadded up hard coming down Bail out from 1/4 notch is on here. I hope you recover (and found all your teeth). Like I said last night. Try not to let it get in your head, and swing you leg back over that bike and keep riding. It happens.

He definitely did not smile when I called him SnuggleBunny like you do. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1