IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

That place was a zoo last night. I ended up just bailing off because of all the riders and the larger group of runners
I have been avoiding PP lately because of the increased traffic. On the bright side..less riders elsewhere

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I have been avoiding PP lately because of the increased traffic. On the bright side..less riders elsewhere

I take that back. I have not seen that many dudes and ladies out there on a Friday afternoon in a long time

It only feels crowded if you’re slower or faster than everyone else. I think it’s great that we’re getting more people out on the trails and enjoying themselves. I only really notice the increased traffic when I’m driving there or trying to park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Tree Magnet said:

It only feels crowded if you’re slower or faster than everyone else. I think it’s great that we’re getting more people out on the trails and enjoying themselves. I only really notice the increased traffic when I’m driving there or trying to park.

I'm gonna go with "faster", I don't care what all the riders that keep passing me say

Awesome sunset ride tonight....so close to being able to make runs at all the features again. Clawing back the fitness a millimeter at a time, but I’m forgetting how to ride tech. Plus, this 27.5” FS rig has never known me in any kind of riding shape. Still learning how to ride the damn thing after 2 or 3 years. But it’s funny how this bike becomes more fun the more regularly I ride it. Things that make you go hmmm. Found a rare reflector on Gumdrop East tonight. I rarely see Barneys out that way. 

Glad I got it in before the rain. Now it’s time to actually go get it in. 

• Like 2

I did run into a guy there before I left and he echoed what I have been hearing from others.
Car break ins as well as truck thefts are way up at BC
A guy he knew had his truck stolen from the softball field area last week and his truck was stolen from skate park also a little while ago. It was found at the boarder.
His current truck has a nice gouge where the door handle was being pried out.
Cops have said the bad guys hang out in the woods and wait and watch
So be careful. Dont leave your junk out in the open. Common sense.
I think I'll just park at Throet's house :)

4 hours ago, Cafeend said:

I did run into a guy there before I left and he echoed what I have been hearing from others.
Car break ins as well as truck thefts are way up at BC
A guy he knew had his truck stolen from the softball field area last week and his truck was stolen from skate park also a little while ago. It was found at the boarder.
His current truck has a nice gouge where the door handle was being pried out.
Cops have said the bad guys hang out in the woods and wait and watch
So be careful. Dont leave your junk out in the open. Common sense.
I think I'll just park at Throet's house 🙂

Sorry to hear people stuff is getting stolen. You’re welcome to park at my house as well, but it’s a small regional trail ride compared to where you normally park. 

• Like 1

Are these heavy duty trucks being stolen?   

A DPS trooper once told me that heavy duty trucks with brush guards\replacement bumpers are the preferred vehicles for smugglers in south Texas.  He said that smugglers will drive these trucks through fencelines to get away from law enforcement knowing that in most instances,  officers won't destroy their vehicle by trying to follow.  The trucks will eventually breakdown from getting tangled up in the barbed wire, but they are usually able to put enough distance between them and law enforcement before they have to ditch the truck.   The heavier trucks with protection in the front have a better chance of breaking though the barbed wire fences. 

This sucks for me since my truck fits that profile.   Might be time for a bike rack for my car.

A co-worker has his Dodge Ram stolen out of the parking lot up here in Pflugerville a few years ago. They recovered it and it looked like they had smuggled drugs not people in it. I kept telling him to pull the door panels and take a look.

I’m gonna LICK the trail Wednesday morning before that NINETY DEGREE HIGH WTF BALLS DAMNIT FUCK! 😕

i hammocked Picnic tonight at the Blanket. Mmmmm. I saw people riding and WANTED to get pissed but no caking on tires. Cheers bitches. Saw a dude with no helmet flying along upper picnic. God that pisses me off. But he had a cheesy do-rag so I guess he was Rugger enough. 

Trails will be perky, chocolate almond milk-secretingly good on Wednesday. 

Edit: gonna be a stiff wind out of the South Wednesday. It’ll be a sweaty 63degrees but man. It’s about to be night riding season. Hotter but drier 6pm-9/930pm. Only negative thing I’ll say but summer reminds me why I’m moving in 7 years. And after the SHITTY weather winter we had and hardly any riding, pfff. I know it’s first world problems, but this is a forum for off road cycling and bitching about the weather.

Last edit: Does anyone know if suburban ninja would be rideable tomorrow like 6pm?

Edited by Morealice

4 minutes ago, GreenMTBrider said:

99% certain it’ll be good to go. Even Peddlers was rideable yesterday and given the warm temps and sun today the remaining tacky spots should dry out quickly. 

As to Suburban Ninja, PLEASE stay off the jump line at the top.  We were doing maintenance/revisions on Sunday.  The step down is dope now, but the second jump is still under revision.  We're making it lippy-er to give better flow, but I had to bail and am now in Australia.  My son and wife should fix it within the next couple days, but please respect the closure in the meantime.  Thanks!

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, El Gringo said:

As to Suburban Ninja, PLEASE stay off the jump line at the top.  We were doing maintenance/revisions on Sunday.  The step down is dope now, but the second jump is still under revision.  We're making it lippy-er to give better flow, but I had to bail and am now in Australia.  My son and wife should fix it within the next couple days, but please respect the closure in the meantime.  Thanks!

thanks for all the work you do on SN!  It has become my favorite trail!  

We only did the jump line.  Kudos go to Peddler and others for the other stuff.  Good stuff going on out there.  BTW, make sure you show Peddler love - AJ is really involved in making things happen - and you can enjoy good beer while you shop/get your bike worked on.

Edited by El Gringo
  • Like 1