IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

1 hour ago, Yosmithy said:

I was out on Suburban Ninja (fishing, not riding) and it look in great shape

I've been thinking about dropping a line that creek ever since Rugger took me over there... is it wrong I was more interested in the fishing potential than riding?

Edited by gotdurt

Rode a few bits n pieces of Deception today. Mostly to check on recent blockages and such. All are still in place that I checked. And I noticed a few more places where someone took the time to stop trail crossover by weaving branches as a make shift fence. Thanks to whomever that was. Trails were in awesome shape even if I wasn't.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just now, Shinerider said:

Have a friend that posted up some pictures on F.B. of some nice bass pulled from Ninja.

Oh, and I'm afraid to ask, but anybody know what is occuring East of the Brushy creek main trail end towards the overpass?  Please say a park and not MORE houses!

Housing development going in.  My hope is that the route down from the end of Wyoming springs is still there in the end.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Shinerider said:

Oh, and I'm afraid to ask, but anybody know what is occuring East of the Brushy creek main trail end towards the overpass?  Please say a park and not MORE houses!

24 minutes ago, Txduc said:

Housing development going in.  My hope is that the route down from the end of Wyoming springs is still there in the end.

Yup... I think the trail will remain. Rumor is that they found caves on the property so they had to put in more greenspace/ parks than originally planned. https://communityimpact.com/local-news/austin/round-rock-pflugerville-hutto/news/housing-real-estate/2019/01/04/residential-development-sauls-ranch-to-include-80-100-homes-in-round-rock/

• Like 1

The route down Wyoming springs should be unaffected as the dirt route is powerline easement and the concrete path belongs to the fern bluff mud

I knew the main trail along Brushy/Hairyman would continue to Creek Bend.  Looks like it will have to cross two housing entrances.
I'm sad to see that entrances are going there. Unless they change the road those entrances are after blind corner.

Just now, First-Blood said:

I'm sad to see that entrances are going there. Unless they change the road those entrances are after blind corner.

Agreed.  That road already sees too much traffic.  Hopefully, this MIGHT have people exiting going to wyoming springs vs. brushy/hairy

• Like 1

Yep not thrilled with the entrances and the extension of Wyoming Springs on the map does make it look like the drop in along the powerline has a limited lifetime. Although other than the rocky section through the trees at the end it's not really that exciting.  Change is inevitable, guess I should be thankful that it's easy to hit all of the Brushy trails riding from home.

2 hours ago, Shinerider said:

Have a friend that posted up some pictures on F.B. of some nice bass pulled from Ninja.

This was my first time trying up there, and definitely a lot of good fish in there. I just went up there with my fly rod this time, and didn't get into anything big...I'll be going back again soon though. Damn that's beautiful back there.

The houses are coming though, and quickly!

*please read*

ok. This is all 100% how it happened...

i was riding E to W on the regional trail just before start of gumdrop by olson meadows. A guy on a bike was coming the other way, and in my “lane” a guy had his yellow santa cruz laying on its side rear 1/2 out in the regional trail. I tried to be cool and bunny hop his wheel. I guess I failed. I thought I cleared it. I didn’t feel anything. 

He, the owner of the yellow Santa Cruz, probably in his 50s driving a bigass white Dodge Dually truck literally comes skidding at me as I’m coming off the dam at the Lake Park about to cross the parking lot road that goes between the kayak ramp and the exit. He was lined up to Tbone me and stopped about 4-5ft from me.

He proceeds to open his door, not get out, but yell at me about how I ran over his spokes. I said I hopped it, and I told him to get his bike the fuck out of the trail. I told him he almost ran over me. He responded by screaming, “well that’s what you did to my spokes!”

I am pretty sure that threatening my life with your truck in a populated park is not warranted for running over your spokes. If anyone knows who this guy is, or if you, sir, are reading this, please get help.

It was obvious to me during our brief encounter that you really are an unhappy person with irrational anger issues. I apologize for being shitty at bunny hopping. I also know I didn’t damage your wheel as I am certain you’d have told me. I’m still used to thinking hardtail so sometimes I lag. Be careful folks. 

So again, white guy, silver hair, big white dodge dually, yellow santa cruz. I didn’t get his plates, but I’m sure he probably rides Brushy often. Hitting your rear wheel in a failed hop was uncool of me. Threatening my life, less cool. 

Edited by Morealice
Couple details

29 minutes ago, Morealice said:

*please read*

i was riding E to W on the regional trail just before start of gumdrop by olson meadows. A guy on a bike was coming the other way, and in my “lane” a guy had his yellow santa cruz laying on its side rear 1/2 out in the regional trail. I tried to be cool and bunny hop his wheel. I guess I failed. I thought I cleared it. I didn’t feel anything. 

He, the owner of the yellow Santa Cruz, probably in his 50s driving a bigass white Dodge Dually truck literally comes skidding at me as I’m coming off the dam at the Lake Park about to cross the parking lot road that goes between the kayak ramp and the exit. He was lined up to Tbone me and stopped about 4-5ft from me.

He proceeds to open his door, not get out, but yell at me about how I ran over his spokes. I said I hopped it, and I told him to get his bike the fuck out of the trail. I told him he almost ran over me. He responded by screaming, “well that’s what you did to my spokes!”

I am pretty sure that threatening my life with your truck in a populated park is not warranted for running over your spokes. If anyone knows who this guy is, or if you, sir, are reading this, please get help.

It was obvious to me during our brief encounter that you really are an unhappy person with irrational anger issues. I apologize for being shitty at bunny hopping. I also know I didn’t damage your wheel as I am certain you’d have told me. I’m still used to thinking hardtail so sometimes I lag. Be careful folks. 

So again, white guy, silver hair, big white dodge dually, yellow santa cruz. I didn’t get his plates, but I’m sure he probably rides Brushy often. Hitting your rear wheel in a failed hop was uncool of me. Threatening my life, less cool. 

This is like a Craigslist Missed Connections, right? 

I love this story!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Morealice said:

*please read*

Did he ever show you his bike and the damage? Or, did he just track you down to yell at you?

47 minutes ago, JMR said:

Did he ever show you his bike and the damage? Or, did he just track you down to yell at you?

He never showed me any damage.  IF I hit his wheel it was in a totally unweighted way. I’m not justifying my actions.  I understand his being pissed. 

He tracked me down to yell, but for me the disturbing part is how he skidded his truck at me into the grass and onto the BCRT with other people around at the Lake Park. If he miscalculates, I’m run over along with another pedestrian. I admit that my failed hopping of his wheel was kind of a dick move and that he should keep the trail clear, but to react the way he did was completely over the top.  It’s the kind of thing people do and then regret after they ruin lives. 

I certainly regret it. It could have ruined my kids’ lives....or certainly been a lifelong downer. 

Edited by Morealice

50 minutes ago, Morealice said:

He never showed me any damage.  IF I hit his wheel it was in a totally unweighted way. I’m not justifying my actions.  I understand his being pissed. 

He tracked me down to yell, but for me the disturbing part is how he skidded his truck at me into the grass and onto the BCRT with other people around at the Lake Park. If he miscalculates, I’m run over along with another pedestrian. I admit that my failed hopping of his wheel was kind of a dick move and that he should keep the trail clear, but to react the way he did was completely over the top.  It’s the kind of thing people do and then regret after they ruin lives. 

I certainly regret it. It could have ruined my kids’ lives....or certainly been a lifelong downer. 

Sounds like he got himself a new bike. And he was pissed when you weren't impressed. Some people.... Glad nobody got hurt.