IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

I managed to get out last night before the thunderstorms, and Snail, Rim, Picnic, and 1/4 Notch were all in great shape. There was still some dampness though from the light rains earlier in the day; so I'm thinking with the downpour from last night we are going to need at least a full day for things to dry out. I'll probably go out tomorrow afternoon / evening to scout things out. 

On another note, I'm sure glad this latest storm brought in some cooler, crisper air. Riding last night was a stark reminder of how horrid our warm, moist air can be, and summer is now looming large. These next 4-5 weeks will probably be our last window for truly enjoyable riding.   

• Like 7

Peddler still slightly soft in some spots where I checked. Water in some of the troughs in the whoopee doos. Not sure how it will be in a few hours. Sunny and windy though

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Edited by Yosmithy
  • Like 3

Didn’t ride it all (all but Deception which is usually gtg first anyway)....but it’s all very boobs. Peddler is even hooking up in about 98% of the corners. Just water in the woops. If I had any energy tonight I woulda douched it on Strava for kicks but, eh, just a leisurely little cruise. 

The weather tomorrow combined with the heroic quality of the dirt is gonna be pretty special. I’ll be hitting Pace Bend tomorrow. Been a while. 

• Like 2

On 4/19/2019 at 9:29 PM, Morealice said:

Peddler is even hooking up in about 98% of the corners. Just water in the woops. If I had any energy tonight I woulda douched it on Strava for kicks.

So I hit it yesterday and was clocking a pretty nice pace when I came across a dismounted rider bailing water out from between the rollers. Of course I stopped and would have helped but the bucket was not to be found. He was using a square edged shovel to get as much water out as he could. We talked for a couple of minutes and then I walked my bike around the flooded sections and proceeded to finish my lap. As I'm winding my way through the adjacent sections I see a couple of srtavassholes nearly run that same guy over without so much as a "pardon me". I could hear the guy say something like "hey how about a heads up" but don't know if they even stopped to apologize. Damn dudes! Save the clock for another day and give your fellow riders a little courtesy on the trail. 

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, throet said:

As I'm winding my way through the adjacent sections I see a couple of srtavassholes nearly run that same guy over without so much as a "pardon me". I could hear the guy say something like "hey how about a heads up" but don't know if they even stopped to apologize. Damn dudes! Save the clock for another day and give your fellow riders a little courtesy on the trail. 

Go look on Strava and see if they posted anything there at the same time.  Should be easy enough to locate them if you know what time it was..  

14 minutes ago, Albert said:

Go look on Strava and see if they posted anything there at the same time.  Should be easy enough to locate them if you know what time it was..  

Well I do see that a new KOM was set yesterday at around that same time - shortly after noon. I'm not going to hand down a verdict though without stronger evidence, and whoever it was never ended up passing me. 

1 hour ago, throet said:

So I hit it yesterday and was clocking a pretty nice pace when I came across a dismounted rider bailing water out from between the rollers. Of course I stopped and would have helped but the bucket was not to be found. He was using a square edged shovel to get as much water out as he could. We talked for a couple of minutes and then I walked my bike around the flooded sections and proceeded to finish my lap. As I'm winding my way through the adjacent sections I see a couple of srtavassholes nearly run that same guy over without so much as a "pardon me". I could hear the guy say something like "hey how about a heads up" but don't know if they even stopped to apologize. Damn dudes! Save the clock for another day and give your fellow riders a little courtesy on the trail. 

Sad but I've observed increase in the number of these riders on the trails recently.   Seem to ride in packs like roadies on dirt.  

I was the one bailing the water with the shovel. The rider did stop back by and apologized and assisted me on a couple of the rollers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Does anyone know why the last drop at the basket drop area on Picnic is now blocked off with wood.  This was going to be the one I try to get used to a drop in like that and it seemed to be the most  "rollable"  Just make no sense to me to block that one off.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Does anyone know why the last drop at the basket drop area on Picnic is now blocked off with wood.  This was going to be the one I try to get used to a drop in like that and it seemed to be the most  "rollable"  Just make no sense to me to block that one off.

No clue. Wasn't official. But neither was that line forming. It just got rode in. It wasnt a big deal since it was just off to the side by a little bit. If you want to unblock it go ahead.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

There's no denying that trails evolve through use.

There was a smart fellow involved with construction of a college campus who chose not to build the sidewalks until after the students using the campus made the paths they preferred to use anyway.

Often enough accepting new lines as minor deviations can be a second-cousin to this strategy.

• Like 1

PSA for the building on Peddlers Pass:

Yesterday there were people trying to ride the new section while the machines were operating...really...have a little common sense...the guy operating the digger can't see or hear you. The last thing he wants is to hurt someone that can't control the urge to stay off the trail. 

Also, don't ride on the new stuff until it's ready. Last night after the builders stopped working a lot of people went around the barricades and signs. Be patient. If you ride on a section before it's finished you could be unknowingly screwing something up causing the builders to go back and fix that section you just rode on instead of moving forward to the next part of the trail. Some of the people I saw doing it last night know better.

• Like 3