IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

1 hour ago, HoneyBadger said:

PSA for the building on Peddlers Pass:

Yesterday there were people trying to ride the new section while the machines were operating...really...have a little common sense...the guy operating the digger can't see or hear you. The last thing he wants is to hurt someone that can't control the urge to stay off the trail. 

Also, don't ride on the new stuff until it's ready. Last night after the builders stopped working a lot of people went around the barricades and signs. Be patient. If you ride on a section before it's finished you could be unknowingly screwing something up causing the builders to go back and fix that section you just rode on instead of moving forward to the next part of the trail. Some of the people I saw doing it last night know better.

all these rules.. you are officially the man.

Rode from my house (Brightwater/Wyoming Springs) to the YMCA and back just now.  Didn't really get off the BCRT.  Hot mess out there. 
Did you ride into the new development. Some bug hucks in there right now and you can rut it up all you want.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, First-Blood said:

Did you ride into the new development. Some bug hucks in there right now and you can rut it up all you want.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That’s a really good idea actually. I wanted to go for a ride before work tomorrow and wasn’t sure where if any trails would be dry enough to ride. Might as well go take advantage of all the dirt their pushing around over there!

• Like 1

Don't forget the big workday on Peddlers Pass. It's 9:00 am tomorrow. Meet at Brushy Creek Lake Park, 3300 Brushy Creek Rd, Cedar Park, TX 78613. We need as many people as possible to help with the Big Dig of 2019. Come see what the machines have done so far and be part of creating a one of a kind trail in Texas.

Edited by HoneyBadger
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, HoneyBadger said:

Don't forget the big workday on Peddlers Pass. It's 9:00 am tomorrow. Meet at Brushy Creek Lake Park, 3300 Brushy Creek Rd, Cedar Park, TX 78613. We need as many people as possible to help with the Big Dig of 2019. Come see what the machines have done so far and be part of creating a one of a kind trail in Texas.

meet where?

1 hour ago, TheSarge said:

Any trail reports? 

Yes, Deception was not in good shape yesterday with a number of areas with standing water, ruts, and mud. I don’t expect it to be any better now, but will check this evening. Saturday will likely be good. Picnic was surprisingly okay for riding. Some slick spots and typical low spots but rideable. Peddlers is not ready. 

Report from the eastside - As you can see, Brushy creek swallowed up the bottom of gumdrop. 

Rode over to Snow White, which is totally rideable. Also rode most of gumdrop from west to east and it’s in good shape.

I’d never known about the rest of “Candyland” until I saw the kick ass map that First Blood posted. I went up Snow White around what I believe is Joshua’s drop(y’all are crazy) then rode along that upper trail by the golf course( think it’s called “abort”  on the map.) Finally saw the end of gnargasm in person, had only seen that ramp over the boulders in pictures and videos. Y’all are f*ckin crazy.  Went up what believe was caddy shack, there was some wet limestone along a somewhat exposed ledge, sketchy enough that I walked my happy ass back up to that abort trail and rode a few sessions on the jump at the bottom of Snow White. 

Also rode playground which is in great shape except for one small rutty spot. 

Super cool discovering some new trails, but my rookie ass is gonna stick to peddlers pass for a while lol.  

913E9EEC-14F7-42EA-982D-9A5A37B28378.jpeg

Edited by rbetzing
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Morris said:

Need to pedal tomorrow, anybody think trail is g2g? If not any other option besides Reville peak ?

Emma Long is in great shape for the most part and they just changed the direction of the trail. I personally really like the new direction.

Also rode Emma Long yesterday and had a great ride.  Was pretty busy out there between mountain bikers and dirt bikes!  I definitely prefer the trail in this direction, and quite a bit more is ridable for me in its new configuration.  Even did two laps (although we skipped the upper loop on our second pass through), which is something I haven't done out there e in quite some time! 

..Al

I rode everything yesterday after the work party. Everything is gtg with the exception of the DH trail down from YMCA. It had quite a bit of water at the bottom. Everything else is 97% dry with a few wet spots, like the rollers in Peddlers Pass and some light streams on 1/4 Notch. You just have to be careful not to rut or widen those spots. 

Edit...oh, and the creek has taken over the very end of Anklebiter (is that what it's called?). You can walk it out though. 

Edited by Barry
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Barry said:

I rode everything yesterday after the work party. Everything is gtg with the exception of the DH trail down from YMCA. It had quite a bit of water at the bottom. Everything else is 97% dry with a few wet spots, like the rollers in Peddlers Pass and some light streams on 1/4 Notch. You just have to be careful not to rut or widen those spots. 

Edit...oh, and the creek has taken over the very end of Anklebiter (is that what it's called?). You can walk it out though. 

Suhweet! Thanks!

18 hours ago, Morris said:

Cleared emma long without dabbing! 

Ha you must not have rode the same Emma that I rode yesterday evening! I think the climbing is even harder CW than it was CCW, and that is saying a lot. Rode it on my long-travel 27.5 yesterday, which was fun bombing down the descents but a bitch getting up those ledgy climbs. Definitely prefer the 29er out there.  

• Like 1