IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

I rode PP and a few other trails east of the dam today (sorry don’t know their names). Mostly everything is in great shape for riding. There are a few spots still a little sloppy you’ll need to avoid. The work from the trail crew is paying off. PP is more fun with every ride (and faster).  Thanks to all who participated. 

6 hours ago, throet said:

Ha you must not have rode the same Emma that I rode yesterday evening! I think the climbing is even harder CW than it was CCW, and that is saying a lot. Rode it on my long-travel 27.5 yesterday, which was fun bombing down the descents but a bitch getting up those ledgy climbs. Definitely prefer the 29er out there.  

Oh should have taken my hiking shoes for sure! Haha. But did manage a few good climbs and some nice irresponsible drops 

• Like 2

Just finished a nice evening ride before the next round of rain. Was thinking the cool breeze would overcome the humidity, and it did, except on Double Down where it felt like a jungle. I've got to get out and trim back some of the cedar. I got used to brushing back branches with my shoulders until a sawed off, 3" diameter branch lunged out at me from beneath the foliage near the top of Truth-or-Dare. Damn that hurt! Have to imagine that's what a stiff arm from Earl Campbell felt like. Besides that, my only annoyance was with the stepping stone being placed at Jammer again. Hopefully that wasn't a planned change cuz I chucked it aside. Not even a stepping stone will help me get up Jammer but it sure caught me off guard coming down it.   

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, throet said:

Was thinking the cool breeze would overcome the humidity, and it did, except on Double Down where it felt like a jungle

No joke, I was huffing and puffing up 1/4 notch tonight and every time I took a pit-stop the air was dead still. The Breeze back at the parking lot was a nice cool down though. All in all worth it to get a ride in before this hits:

image.thumb.png.f42b919e08ec5309f13b2025ccb05cad.png

Just finished a nice evening ride before the next round of rain. Was thinking the cool breeze would overcome the humidity, and it did, except on Double Down where it felt like a jungle. I've got to get out and trim back some of the cedar. I got used to brushing back branches with my shoulders until a sawed off, 3" diameter branch lunged out at me from beneath the foliage near the top of Truth-or-Dare. Damn that hurt! Have to imagine that's what a stiff arm from Earl Campbell felt like. Besides that, my only annoyance was with the stepping stone being placed at Jammer again. Hopefully that wasn't a planned change cuz I chucked it aside. Not even a stepping stone will help me get up Jammer but it sure caught me off guard coming down it.   
That jammer rock wasn't us.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Some trimming has been done on double down and 1/4 notch this last couple months. I had a group needing pay dirt willing to do some. The entire trail isnt done. If you see a particular spot in need now is a good time as any to show love. Ad¹

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I happened to be standing next to the yellow caution tape (East of Parmer) on Peddlers Pass when a guy in his 20's, no helmet, and wearing Beats Headphones stopped and ducked under the tape to exit the trail. I said "Hey man, that's not an exit" before I could explain the reasons why that was a bad place to exit the trail (safety, erosion, dumbassery etc.) he came back with "This is AMURICA" and rode off to the West side of Parmer. Needless to say.........TRIGGERED. Then I just "happened" to run into him again at a choke point on the trail with my bike perpendicular to the trail, with no way around. I said, "I heard what you said over there about this been AMURICA". I was fully prepared for the onslaught of abuse he was about to hurl at me.  To my surprise, he calmly turned around and rode off the wrong way without saying a word. Since the trail is so twisty, it brought him close to me two more times. It gave me the chance to let him know "you're going the wrong way on the trail"  and  "you're still going the wrong way on the trail". 

I really wanted him to give me S!@# about blocking the trail so i could have responded "This is AMURICA".

I know I should have let it go, but F!@#, I'm not infringing on your constitutional rights, I'm not the man keeping you down, I'm trying to keep the trail I've spent literally thousands of hours building safe, fun, and sustainable. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2