IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

9 hours ago, MrMentallo said:

Cleared out all the vines and trimmed the log down as much as I could with the help of a guy who stopped to help. Thanks dude! Definitely need a powered chainsaw and a couple of people to get this thing off the trail. Possibly a full-sized ax, as the tree was dead for a while and partially rotted. But a chainsaw is the best bet. It's at least 2 feet thick.20180829_190809.thumb.jpg.7f8252d3229158e93765b83b422030a1.jpg

New wood feature?  Thanks for all your hard work!

• Like 2

Hey all, there was a post on the Peddler Cedar Park instagram showing the log has been taken care of.  I'm just passing along the info so nobody take an unwanted trip.  Thank you to all who keep the trails in such great condition for all of us to enjoy.

Scott

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Skyyhorn said:

Hey all, there was a post on the Peddler Cedar Park instagram showing the log has been taken care of.  I'm just passing along the info so nobody take an unwanted trip.  Thank you to all who keep the trails in such great condition for all of us to enjoy.

Great, thanks for the report!

Well...Spongebob finally got me the other day. I rode to the top and did a trackstand as I looked at where I’d huck if I ever got the balls to try. I saw a line and decided “next time”.  So I went to slowly ride down the right side and my bar clipped the sapling at the top and whipped me off my bike at the top to the left. I got a foot down on the transition before hammering down on my left arm, hand, shoulder at the bottom on a pile of rocks sitting on a rock slab. I cried a little. It fucking hurt pretty good. 

I don’t THINK my hand is broken as it’s improving daily. I can loosely grip things now with moderate pain. Elbow is pretty big and shoulder is fine. It was such a stupid slam. Earlier in the day I slammed my right shin on the side of a pool. It was a rough day for my temple of a body. 

Had to walk out of the trail since I couldn’t grip the bar at all and ride back home in one-handed shame. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Morealice said:

So I went to slowly ride down the right side and my bar clipped the sapling at the top and whipped me off my bike at the top to the left. I got a foot down on the transition before hammering down on my left arm, hand, shoulder at the bottom on a pile of rocks sitting on a rock slab.

Ouch..... and so unnecessary. I don't know about the rest of you but I've been losing my focus a lot in this horrid heat and humidity. I clipped a bar coming through that tree gate on Double Down (sure it has a name but I don't know it). It's the one that requires some good momentum riding E-W but that you can normally just fly through riding W-E. I was attempting to fly through it at high speed, as I normally do without incident, and clipped my bar, sending me flying forward. Somehow I managed to land on both feet though with an arm assist.   

2 hours ago, gotdurt said:

Dude, don't ever go slow; that's how these things happen.

Man I know, and the second I started down I thought about that, but it wasn’t an OTB issue, it was a didn’t see that tree and STILL not quite used to riding “wide bars”....even after 2 years. 

But I hear you. Hand pretty sore but healing pretty quickly. No way it can be broken, but what a SICK SLAM!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, gotdurt said:

Dude, don't ever go slow; that's how these things happen.

I used to roll off Collarbone instead of using the switchback between the rocks until onetime I rolled up to it too slow. I realized as my front tire was rolling off the edge that I was moving too slow and tried to ride it out. No OTB but lost control and landed on my left shoulder blade and felt something spear me in the chest. Tore the cartilage front and rear on my ribcage took about two and a half months to heal.

40 minutes ago, Chief said:

I used to roll off Collarbone instead of using the switchback between the rocks until onetime I rolled up to it too slow. I realized as my front tire was rolling off the edge that I was moving too slow and tried to ride it out. No OTB but lost control and landed on my left shoulder blade and felt something spear me in the chest. Tore the cartilage front and rear on my ribcage took about two and a half months to heal.

I still roll it on the far right with a tight turn in, but between the ever present scree and the leaves from that pesky palm bush, it can get sketchy sometimes. Can we consider that palm an invasive species and just remove it?  

• Like 1

I was resting at swag rock last Friday when two riders came up the bailout, both struggled with the last rock step up and had to push their bikes the last few feet. The 1st thing that was strange was they were both wearing full-face helmets, then I noticed one was riding an E-Bike...oh shit...that little voice inside my head started saying... "just be nice...Just be nice... just be nice". We exchanged pleasantries and went our separate ways. They headed East on 1/4 Notch. 

As I was cruising home along the BCRT  when I came across the same two guys working on their bikes on the side of the trail. I stopped to offer some assistance (which they didn't need).  The E-Bike rider very excitedly told me how he finished 1/4 Notch for the 1st time and he was so proud of himself. It took everything I had to not call him out on this B.S he was spewing. I politely smiled and went on my way, but in my head, I was thinking....no you didn't finish 1/4 notch, your bike did, you shouldn't be bragging about this, I feel embarrassed for you, and your lucky godirt isn't here.

I can understand why some people need to ride an E-Bike, medical reasons etc but both of these guys were young, in shape, and had no visible reason to be riding an E-Bike. 

Are E-Bikes even allowed on County trails? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HoneyBadger said:

The E-Bike rider very excitedly told me how he finished 1/4 Notch for the 1st time and he was so proud of himself. It took everything I had to not call him out on this B.S he was spewing. I politely smiled and went on my way, but in my head, I was thinking....no you didn't finish 1/4 notch, your bike did, you shouldn't be bragging about this, I feel embarrassed for you, and your lucky godirt isn't here.

I can understand why some people need to ride an E-Bike, medical reasons etc but both of these guys were young, in shape, and had no visible reason to be riding an E-Bike. 

^ this

I call BS on the proponents justifying these bikes as something the will give access to people with disabilities or advancing age. Every f@cking industry marketing video or ad has these e-bikes ridden by pro riders or young, athletic people. Not a older or injured person to be seen. Marketing knows that associating e-bikes with people who are perceived as weak or incapable makes them "uncool" and that is the kiss of death. Its a shame too because thats who could really benefit from them. 

Who their right mind is going to spend $5-6k on an "uncool" bike? Nobody, no matter how lazy they are.  

Rant/off

Edited by ATXZJ
  • Like 3

59 minutes ago, ATXZJ said:

Every f@cking industry marketing video or ad has these e-bikes ridden by pro riders or young, athletic people. Not a older or injured person to be seen.

So the ads should show frail old men on ebikes dragging their oxygen tanks behind them instead of enticing younger?  At this rate we'll have hipsters wearing depends and riding ebikes at City Park.

• Haha 2