IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

Just another entitled asshole who likes to be anonymously aggressive behind his keyboard but when actually confronted has nothing to back himself up. We seem to living in a world of f**ktards.

Edited by Chief
  • Like 6

51 minutes ago, Chief said:

Just another entitled asshole who likes to be anonymously aggressive behind his keyboard but when actually confronted has nothing to back himself up. We seem to living in a world of f**ktards.

Everything you said here is 100% correct. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chief said:

Word

Your post made me miss bartman. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Chief said:

Darwinism at work😉

That and HoneyBadger likely scared the shit out of him and he couldn't escape. Kind of funny if you think about it. Kept running away only to end up right back at HB giving him righteous shit for being a tool.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Cafeend said:

That and HoneyBadger likely scared the shit out of him and he couldn't escape. Kind of funny if you think about it. Kept running away only to end up right back at HB giving him righteous shit for being a tool.

Isn't there a teen horror movie like that?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, HoneyBadger said:

I happened to be standing next to the yellow caution tape (East of Parmer) on Peddlers Pass when a guy in his 20's, no helmet, and wearing Beats Headphones stopped and ducked under the tape to exit the trail. I said "Hey man, that's not an exit" before I could explain the reasons why that was a bad place to exit the trail (safety, erosion, dumbassery etc.) he came back with "This is AMURICA" and rode off to the West side of Parmer. Needless to say.........TRIGGERED. Then I just "happened" to run into him again at a choke point on the trail with my bike perpendicular to the trail, with no way around. I said, "I heard what you said over there about this been AMURICA". I was fully prepared for the onslaught of abuse he was about to hurl at me.  To my surprise, he calmly turned around and rode off the wrong way without saying a word. Since the trail is so twisty, it brought him close to me two more times. It gave me the chance to let him know "you're going the wrong way on the trail"  and  "you're still going the wrong way on the trail". 

I really wanted him to give me S!@# about blocking the trail so i could have responded "This is AMURICA".

I know I should have let it go, but F!@#, I'm not infringing on your constitutional rights, I'm not the man keeping you down, I'm trying to keep the trail I've spent literally thousands of hours building safe, fun, and sustainable. 

I totally understand the frustration that HB is feeling here but I think we need to be careful with these types of interactions.  The dude was obviously an entitled douche bag but he was riding a public trail on public land and we're not the boss of him.  Just imagine the fun KXAN would have with a story "...Teenage son of Cedar Park mayor assaulted by mountain biker in public park."  You just don't know who you're dealing with and going 'Bartman' on someone doesn't seem like the best way to protect our trail access.  There will always be people like that who don't think about the thousands of hours that went into building something that they are destroying.  Does anyone really think that someone who responds to a request with "This is AMURICA" is going to listen to reason when you explain why his actions are destroying the trail??  

My advice here is that if he won't listen to you to accept the fact that he's not the person you spent all those hours trying to reach.  Everyone that rides that trail smiling from ear to ear and making that left turn at the end to ride it again really appreciate what you've built.  Every family that takes their kid out there for their first REAL ride on a REAL mountain bike trail appreciates what you've built.  We fix what they mess up and we ride on.  

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Tree Magnet said:

I totally understand the frustration that HB is feeling here but I think we need to be careful with these types of interactions.  The dude was obviously an entitled douche bag but he was riding a public trail on public land and we're not the boss of him.  Just imagine the fun KXAN would have with a story "...Teenage son of Cedar Park mayor assaulted by mountain biker in public park."  You just don't know who you're dealing with and going 'Bartman' on someone doesn't seem like the best way to protect our trail access.  There will always be people like that who don't think about the thousands of hours that went into building something that they are destroying.  Does anyone really think that someone who responds to a request with "This is AMURICA" is going to listen to reason when you explain why his actions are destroying the trail??  

My advice here is that if he won't listen to you to accept the fact that he's not the person you spent all those hours trying to reach.  Everyone that rides that trail smiling from ear to ear and making that left turn at the end to ride it again really appreciate what you've built.  Every family that takes their kid out there for their first REAL ride on a REAL mountain bike trail appreciates what you've built.  We fix what they mess up and we ride on.  

Well said!

1 hour ago, Tree Magnet said:

I wasn't going to start anything physical with him, but I did understand it was within the range of possible outcomes when I found him. I was only going to explain why he shouldn't make his own exits of the trail. You can only lead a horse to water you can't make it drink etc. I was trying to talk in a non-threatening way. I guess I scared the AMURICA out of him when I appeared in front of him. 😉.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tree Magnet said:

Every family that takes their kid out there for their first REAL ride on a REAL mountain bike trail appreciates what you've built.  We fix what they mess up and we ride on.  

For the record, I bought my daughter her first real mountain bike for her 10th birthday, and her first real MTB ride was on snow white then peddlers pass.  She hasn't stopped talking about it for the past two weeks 🙂 Especially the fact that she rode a trail called "snow white." 

• Like 9

20 minutes ago, rbetzing said:

For the record, I bought my daughter her first real mountain bike for her 10th birthday, and her first real MTB ride was on snow white then peddlers pass.  She hasn't stopped talking about it for the past two weeks 🙂 Especially the fact that she rode a trail called "snow white." 

Little know fact, I started building Peddlers Pass so I would have somewhere to ride with my kids.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, rbetzing said:

Those were the first two trails I took my 10 year old son to after getting him his first real mountain bike.  He can sometimes be timid, so I thought it was just awesome when he decided to immediately retry one of the features after taking a spill on the first attempt.  Having convenient access to trails like Peddlers is actually the main reason why we bought him a real mountain bike.  That also led to my relatively recent purchase of a HT to match his bike.  Thanks to the builders, I have these great moments with my son, but much more importantly, an excuse I readily used to buy another bike. 

• Like 9

Big Build #2 is happening this Saturday, May 4th at 9:00am. Meet at the Brushy Creek Lake Park (by the splash pad). 3300 Brushy Creek Road, cedar park 78613. 

Come see what KOM has done so far, its amazing. The dirt is going to be perfect for building.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, HoneyBadger said:

I wasn't going to start anything physical with him, but I did understand it was within the range of possible outcomes when I found him. I was only going to explain why he shouldn't make his own exits of the trail. You can only lead a horse to water you can't make it drink etc. I was trying to talk in a non-threatening way. I guess I scared the AMURICA out of him when I appeared in front of him. 😉.

Good thing it wasn’t chainsaw trimming day.  🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, attaboy said:

I did like this response though:

If you want to separate the men from the boys, come out for an afternoon ride in the middle of August for a 20-mile ride. See how the 100% humidity and 104F treats you lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1