IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

2 hours ago, Tree Magnet said:

Can we just have everyone line up along the trail with their shovels and pummel anyone trying to ride it?  Almost like running a gauntlet but they shouldn't make it much past the first turn.

That could work if you use the handle end of the shovel and put it in the spokes. 😈

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Tree Magnet said:

Can we just have everyone line up along the trail with their shovels and pummel anyone trying to ride it?  Almost like running a gauntlet but they shouldn't make it much past the first turn.

Pain sticks, like Sonchi!  

• Like 1

Hard to believe this, but I was breaking in the new gravel bike on the BCRT and I saw a guy on a shitty trek xc/cross bike come off of peddlers pass east side. Had to dismount to push his bike he had so much mud on his wheels. I stopped and told him that the trails should never be ridden when they’re wet, which he agreed and said he didn’t realize they were so wet. My blood pressure went down a bit after I realized he was fairly innocent, but still, that was ridiculous. 

Attached is photo of new gravel bike that I’m incredibly impressed with: 

00BF7A10-7E3D-480A-946F-1D5298E27ED2.jpeg

Edited by bestbike85
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, bestbike85 said:

I stopped and told him that the trails should never be ridden when they’re wet, which he agreed and said he didn’t realize they were so wet.

Seriously, how the fuck could you not know they're wet?  And how far did he ride before he started pushing his bike out because it had too much mud?

Seriously, how the fuck could you not know they're wet?  And how far did he ride before he started pushing his bike out because it had too much mud?
I'm more understanding than others around me on this issue because I was one of them long ago when I first moved here. It was acceptable to ride in wet conditions were I grew up. I went to Walnut on one of my first rides here in my 20s. It was a similar situation as now.... rained a good amount and the following weekend days were beautiful. I got about 100 yds into the ride before my bike stopped. The dirt here was far more sticky than where I came from. So I try and not scold people but inform. You dont have to travel far in this mud to make your bike look like you rode the entire trail.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 7

2 hours ago, First-Blood said:

You dont have to travel far in this mud to make your bike look like you rode the entire trail.

Found this out in the SATN.  Everything was dry but this one trail that was very overgrown with tall gras so we couldn't see the dirt.  Just a couple of wheel revolutions and we had mud stuck on our tires, then just dismounting and backtracking got some more dirt on our tires.

ProTip: If the bridge by the sports park has water flowing over it, the trails are too wet to ride.
Not actually accurate. There have been times where that entire area floods and the bridge stays underwater but deception is good to ride

Not actually accurate. There have been times where that entire area floods and the bridge stays underwater but deception is good to ride

But your average non helmet rider on his Walmart ride is not riding Double Down.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, First-Blood said:

If they are a non helmet rider we already can assume they dont have common sense.

I see helmetless riders as people just trying to help cleanse the gene pool.

• Like 2

Pro Trail Building tip - 

Make the muddiest, worst draining place on the trail right at the entrance. If that place cakes their tires so they have to push - they don't go very far.

I would love to say I "invented" this. The truth is I learned it trying to ride Rocky Hill Ranch. All the red clay at the beginning caked up tires so we had trouble getting to the parts that drained well and were probably rideable. This was a 'going away ride' for an Army soldier who was moving out of state - it could not be postponed.

• Like 3

Pro Trail Building tip - 
Make the muddiest, worst draining place on the trail right at the entrance. If that place cakes their tires so they have to push - they don't go very far.
I would love to say I "invented" this. The truth is I learned it trying to ride Rocky Hill Ranch. All the red clay at the beginning caked up tires so we had trouble getting to the parts that drained well and were probably rideable. This was a 'going away ride' for an Army soldier who was moving out of state - it could not be postponed.
1/4 Notch Entrance is this way. Hahah

11 hours ago, cxagent said:

Pro Trail Building tip - 

Funny you should mention it. I got in 8 miles at Rocky Hill today and came back with clean tires.

Yes, there was about 3 inches of rain on Friday.

Yes, I cheated and only rode the jeep roads, but went all the way back to the meadow, enjoyed the flowers, then up Tunnel of the Pines, back down Avenue of the pines.

The rest of it won't be rideable for a couple weeks with the forecast as it is.

Edited by Ridenfool