IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

10 minutes ago, Cafeend said:

Trails, besides Peddlers Pass, rideable today?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

If they are, you may want to park on Dodge Cattle or the 183 bridge since the water was still up over the regional trail yesterday around noon.   I'm not sure it's had enough time to drain down to be passable yet.  

• Like 1

Peddlers Pass Update.

Progress is moving along nicely and KOM is over the halfway point. There are about two weeks left of building. The West side of the trail is currently closed because of all the rain we've had and is predicted. Lots of damage will happen If it's ridden in its current state before the final adjustments and compacting happen. The goal was to keep the trail open as much as possible, but the weather has put a stop to that. It will lightly remain closed until building has finished. I promise you the wait will be worth it. What's been built so far is like nothing else I've ever ridden in Texas. The sectionKOM just finished from the highest point on the trail next to the entrance to the Sports Park all the way down the hill to the tight S-turn at the lowest point on the trail is amazing. Also, Northwest Construction & Remodeling inc. started work on replacing the skinny triangle bridge. It's going to be replaced with a 24' long, 4' wide bridge, with an 8' flat section on top then gently angled ramps on each end. This should stop people cutting through the creek which was causing drainage issues and keeping that area constantly wet.

The 1st pic below is the start of the replacement bridge construction. The 2nd picture gives you an idea of the size of the berms been built and the number of rocks KOM is having to deal with (the berm pictured is not a finished one with the rocks removed).

Even though the Westside is taped off, blocked, and signs up, people are still trying to ride it. Pass the word to stay off it.

bridge.jpg

imagejpeg_0.jpg

Edited by HoneyBadger
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, biga9999 said:

Mother of Berms!!!

And that's not the biggest one. When I've seen some of them for them first time all I could keep saying is Holy S!@#, Holy S!@#, Holy S!@#. Especially the ones on the section I mentioned above. 

Edited by HoneyBadger
  • Like 1

Even that berm they built after you cross under Parmer and go down the hill is awesome.  I used to wash out like a boss on that flat corner trying to get speed to climb that hill, now you can bank around that berm and launch up that hill.  SO awesome!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rbetzing said:

Even that berm they built after you cross under Parmer and go down the hill is awesome.  I used to wash out like a boss on that flat corner trying to get speed to climb that hill, now you can bank around that berm and launch up that hill.  SO awesome!

Yep, you now have enough speed to coast to the top of the hill without peddaling if you want.

That bridge should be five feet wider on both sides to plan for future erosion. Looks like that back block is already at water's edge. Let them know before it's too late HoneyBadger.

Edited by Bamwa
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bamwa said:

That bridge should be five feet wider on both sides to plan for future erosion. Looks like that back block is already at water's edge. Let them know before it's too late HoneyBadger.

What's shown is just the middle portion (see post above for bridge dimensions). What you see in the picture is us making sure the alignment is correct. 

• Like 1

Here is the bridge KOM just built. 090323a83cdec31302770c225305c3d7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

Just now, First-Blood said:

Hahaha. No just a light troll. We did make that just recently on a job up the road though. We aren't making the bridges on Peddlers. That's all Ronan and another skilled craftsman.

That is a nice bridge, thanks for the clarification.  I've been impressed with the bridges that have been built at Brushy, and I look forward to seeing what new bridges are constructed.. 

• Like 2

Went out on the BCRT to scout things out at Brushy before the heavy rain moved in tonight. Nothing is rideable. Checked some of the spots that tend to dry the quickest and its just a mess out there. Now its pouring down rain again - so all bets are off for probably a week given the forecast. Sadly as I was heading for home on the BCRT right at the bridge behind the YMCA, a guy passes me up wearing a full-face helmet and riding a gas-powered bike. This was no pedal-assist either - full throttle. He nodded at me and I just shook my head side-to-side as he was revving his engine. 

5 minutes ago, HoneyBadger said:

Unfortunately we don't have the big KOM bridge building budget. I paid for the wood/concrete/screws myself and Northwest Construction is donating the labour to build it. EnduraRace donated some wood as well. The frame is nearly complete.

That looks great!  😄

I have this (must be primal) urge to build a bridge.  I bought some wood and lag bolts and have been consulting this website http://mathemati.ca/dia_21.html

I have nothing to bridge over in my yard, but I'm building it.  I'd love to build one for Thumper at some point.

Which hardware store do you frequent?  At least we could get you some gift cards to replace tools and buy materials.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, HoneyBadger said:

I paid for the wood/concrete/screws myself and Northwest Construction is donating the labour to build it.

What's the best way to help with this? As much work as you do on our trails, it makes no sense for you to be covering the cost of materials. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, throet said:

What's the best way to help with this? As much work as you do on our trails, it makes no sense for you to be covering the cost of materials. 

I would also be happy to contribute!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, First-Blood said:

Hahaha. No just a light troll. We did make that just recently on a job up the road though. We aren't making the bridges on Peddlers. That's all Ronan and another skilled craftsman.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Bust my balls all you want, but you gotta admit that pic made us all worry a little abouts the judgments over up in there.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1