IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

11 hours ago, AntonioGG said:

I have this (must be primal) urge to build a bridge.  I bought some wood and lag bolts and have been consulting this website http://mathemati.ca/dia_21.html

I have nothing to bridge over in my yard, but I'm building it.  I'd love to build one for Thumper at some point.

Which hardware store do you frequent?  At least we could get you some gift cards to replace tools and buy materials.

That's a nice gesture, thank you.

I hope I didn't come off as whining about having to pay for stuff on the trail, I do it because I love trail building and want Peddlers to be the best it can be. I don't expect people to contribute financially to the trail, just ride it and enjoy it. There are several other people that have contributed financially to the trail including KOM by doing all this amazing machine work at a big discount (can't wait for everyone to see it). The owner of Northwest Construction Inc. (Steve Deborde) paid for the material on the other four bridges out of his own pocket (and built them). Skyhorn has purchased tools. Thank you guys.

With that said...Home Depot gift cards would be appreciated to cover the cost of materials and tools, or random six packs of beer, or maybe a good Irish Whisky. Just hide them well, I've heard First-Blood can get thirsty some times. If you guys do purchase gift cards or beer, or whiskey I'll make sure they make it to the appropriate people. 

• Like 6

This picture was taken yesterday evening after a storm had rolled through. The creek actually gets very little flow through it. I've never seen any evidence it has gone over its banks. The drainage area above it is small or controlled by detention structures across Brushy Creek road. Even with all the flooding we've gotten this week and in the past, there's never evidence it floods, look at the grass on either side of the creek, it hasn't been flattened, there's no flood debris on the edge of the creek etc.

• Like 1

Still on track. Would have been ahead of schedule. But rain physically stopped work for 3 different days and has made hand working some sections behind the machines very labor intensive. Should need 6 days of actual good weather. Light rain is ok. Spotty tsin is ok. This shit..IS NOT OK!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

10 hours ago, HoneyBadger said:

With that said...Home Depot gift cards would be appreciated to cover the cost of materials and tools, or random six packs of beer, or maybe a good Irish Whisky. Just hide them well, I've heard First-Blood can get thirsty some times. If you guys do purchase gift cards or beer, or whiskey I'll make sure they make it to the appropriate people. 

Your choice! Not Irish but a pretty good Tennessee sippin' whisky for under $25. 

img-whiskies-no-12.png

th8BSY2FPG.jpg

• Like 4