IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

9 hours ago, gotdurt said:

Yea, that separates us from the highway, and no way they build over that any time soon, so we're safe.

The Frontage road should be mostly elevated next to the trail to get over Brushy Creek so the footprint should be fairly small. 

Got a regional trail ride in and stopped by peddlers (on foot). I got to meet Brett who is out there working with the heavy machines today, but hand work was impossible since it was just a sticky, muddy mess.  The rollers east had tons of water and I started bailing with the shovel, but was getting nowhere.....the bucket has eluded my search thus far. 

Maybe the rain will hold off so the trails can so some drying. 

3 hours ago, Skyyhorn said:

Got a regional trail ride in and stopped by peddlers (on foot). I got to meet Brett who is out there working with the heavy machines today, but hand work was impossible since it was just a sticky, muddy mess.  The rollers east had tons of water and I started bailing with the shovel, but was getting nowhere.....the bucket has eluded my search thus far. 

Maybe the rain will hold off so the trails can so some drying. 

Buckets are by the new bridge

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Albert said:

Thanks for all the photos!  Can't wait to see this in person.  I mean, can't wait to ride it!

It’s a totally new trail. Just the parts I’ve walked are almost unrecognizable. I can’t wait to ride it either. 

• Like 2

Quarter notch was fine yesterday evening.  Standing water in the usual low spots, but i left with no mud on my tires.  Shockingly, there weren't any ruts from people riding the last few weeks.

The lack of riding for the last 2 months prevented me from checking double down.  My guess is all of deception will be rideable this afternoon.  Looking like we're going to get a couple days or riding before the rain hits again.

• Like 2

You off today? Thinking about heading over to CP myself. 
Due to circumstances beyond my control I have found myself between gigs.
I'll be over there tonight though about 6 under 183. I'll have an hour to kill then.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

35 minutes ago, Kobra Kai MTB Guy said:

Quarter notch was fine yesterday evening.  Standing water in the usual low spots, but i left with no mud on my tires.  Shockingly, there weren't any ruts from people riding the last few weeks.

Did you have a chance to ride any other trails?  Just curious how others are faring. 

Thanks!

..Al

2 hours ago, Cafeend said:

Due to circumstances beyond my control I have found myself between gigs.
I'll be over there tonight though about 6 under 183. I'll have an hour to kill then.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Might see you out there then since there are reports of Deception being GTG

• Like 1

Went and rode snow white just now and part of gumdrop.  Still some rutty spots on gumdrop.  Snow white is beautiful.  

I was actually thinking today, I think snow white is the perfect trail for a beginner.  The 3 things that beginners(myself included) struggle with is technical climbing, downhill cornering, and jumping.  Snow white has all three in a nicely packaged loop that you can ride over and over again. I find myself taking those corners a little faster, getting a little more lift off that jump, and dying a little less on those climbs,  and I know I'm improving.  

• Like 4