IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

Was the old one coming apart? rode it not too long ago, seemed ok. This one looks a bit longer. Ramps made less steep?
If you are referring to the a frame bridge the answer is 3 fold.
1. Yes it was coming apart
2. It was intimidating to beginners and forced them into the creek
3. The bridge was ultimately too short and always had mud hole on exit because water would rise to that spot and Those who took the creek added to the erosion by widening the creek and carrying water up the trail.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Rode this AM. 1/4 was dampish and wet in th e usual low spots. But overall nice. DD was good. Rim was great as usual. Snail trail. I rode the trail across the top.. not the drops as it looked wettish.
Picnic (Upper) was good. Picnic (lower) was sloppy last night so didnt bother today.
Didnt touch Picnic X
I can't stand Mulligan so didnt bother.

Candyland was sweet. Gnargasm was good ..just dampish
Didnt bother heading toward Gumdrop as experience says it is sloppy.
Looking at the skies now I hope the rain stays away.

Didnt bother with Peddlers either as the Ogre by the bridge looks scary in the picture

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Thanks for the report but what do you have against Mulligan?
A few years ago it was pretty cool. Since it has devolved into widened trails and B Lines.
Plus it hurt my friend Big A.
Also I feel like I have pushed my luck riding the drop that my luck has run out.
So no good reason really.

A few years ago it was pretty cool. Since it has devolved into widened trails and B Lines. Plus it hurt my friend Big A.

Also I feel like I have pushed my luck riding the drop that my luck has run out.

So no good reason really.

It has only widened by users riding a little wider in spots no trees except the ones that fall get removed. At least not to my knowledge. It was meant to be a tight twist short trail. We are going for a wide variety of types of trails in Brushy area and some of you weirdos like the tight slow twisty crap that makes you wonder if you will leave with a broken hand. The exit was pure luck that we made that drop work. The original exit was much less flavorful. I typically bypass it these days or go up the quick way and do CRU Jones drop only 

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

This posted on FB:

"Tape is down on Peddlers Pass west side. Please come ride lots of laps. There are 2 berm areas that are still unfinished and blocked/temp rerouted with blue tape. Hopefully the thunderstorms miss us this afternoon and we can compact them in the morning and open the whole loop back up."

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Yosmithy said:

This posted on FB:

"Tape is down on Peddlers Pass west side. Please come ride lots of laps. There are 2 berm areas that are still unfinished and blocked/temp rerouted with blue tape. Hopefully the thunderstorms miss us this afternoon and we can compact them in the morning and open the whole loop back up."

It's true, it's open. It needs lots of wheels on it to help compact/smooth it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yosmithy said:

The only good part of Mulligan is sitting at the bottom of Cru and watching the Wally World riders make the "Drop" 🙂

The sounds they make upon impact are the Peaches!

I just spent about 30 mins trying to find the Jerry of the Day where the kid on a fully rigid walmart bike tries to take on Cru Jones.  Couldn't find it anywhere, sadly.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Kobra Kai MTB Guy said:

I just spent about 30 mins trying to find the Jerry of the Day where the kid on a fully rigid walmart bike tries to take on Cru Jones.  Couldn't find it anywhere, sadly.

Coincidentally, this was posted a few days ago on the Austin Mountain Biking group on Facebook.  Here's a direct link to the video:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1707436536013903

..Al

• Like 4