IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

Just now, biga9999 said:

I prob won't get out till next week at the earliest. 

If y'all could go ahead and get the dirt all packed in, that would be great. 

(Lumberg voice)

Hey, I had my fat compactor ass out there last night, probably more tonight.

Don't make the AARP brigade be the only heroes!

18 hours ago, Albert said:

Coincidentally, this was posted a few days ago on the Austin Mountain Biking group on Facebook.  Here's a direct link to the video:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1707436536013903

..Al

Thank you.  It's even better than I remember.  Kid had to have grabbed front brake on the way down no?  Either that or his pedal caught since he rode with his pedals perpendicular to the ground.  There isn't anything to catch your wheel on that I can remember.

Edited by Kobra Kai MTB Guy

6 minutes ago, Kobra Kai MTB Guy said:

Thank you.  It's even better than I remember.  Kid had to have grabbed front brake on the way down no?  Either that or his pedal caught since he rode with his pedals perpendicular to the ground.  There isn't anything to catch your wheel on that I can remember.

"are you good?"

Fine work out there on Peddlers. Needs alot of wheels rolling like has been said.
Funny how muscle memory and lots of miles on that section make you anticipate turns and leans and when to brake or shift. It is real different. And yes wide.. which isn't bad and not a hater
Good job

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Cafeend said:

Fine work out there on Peddlers. Needs alot of wheels rolling like has been said.
Funny how muscle memory and lots of miles on that section make you anticipate turns and leans and when to brake or shift. It is real different. And yes wide.. which isn't bad and not a hater
Good job

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I never listen to music when I ride but for some reason I have a sudden urge to go ride the new PP whilst listening to Radar Love cranked up loud!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Kobra Kai MTB Guy said:

Might have hit the brakes, but mostly I see it as he was sitting on his seat that caused it. 

14 minutes ago, Albert said:

Has the length changed significantly?

I don't think there was any length change at all, the original route was followed and enhanced.  The only turn that changed a noticeable amount was the last down hill section into a berm that was very close to the area that floods.  That turn was straightened out and runs closer to the entrance trail so its up away from the flood waters.   The "save the trees" segment still registers on Strava, and while that isn't the most accurate measure, I still think it shows the trail route has mostly stayed the same.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Albert said:

Thanks for the answers regarding length.  It wasn't clear to me if they were following the same course or not.  That's impressive given reports that the trail is wider now.  Look forward to hitting it soon!

The trail will get a little narrower after the vegetation grows back. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HoneyBadger said:

The trail will get a little narrower after the vegetation grows back. 

This is typical with all machine cut sidetrack. When it is first built it looks like the highway department came though. A year later it looks like it could have been hand cut. 

• Like 4

I assume that we're lumping Suburban Ninja in with all of the other Brushy goodness out there so I'm posting this question here.

The grass and weeds are getting so high on SN that it's getting hard to see the trail.  There is even that section across the creek (turn at the rock markers) that used to have a little bridge that is almost completely over grown.  I don't have a weedeater but I'd be willing to spend some time operating one and buying some gas  to help cut this stuff back if it's allowed.  Not sure if AJ and the Peddler shop are the stewards out there or if I should direct this question elsewhere.

I assume that we're lumping Suburban Ninja in with all of the other Brushy goodness out there so I'm posting this question here.

The grass and weeds are getting so high on SN that it's getting hard to see the trail.  There is even that section across the creek (turn at the rock markers) that used to have a little bridge that is almost completely over grown.  I don't have a weedeater but I'd be willing to spend some time operating one and buying some gas  to help cut this stuff back if it's allowed.  Not sure if AJ and the Peddler shop are the stewards out there or if I should direct this question elsewhere.

Contact AJ he is the steward that Cedar Park deals with for this stuff in SN

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Can't believe how wet everything still is out there, with the exception of Double Down and Rim which are in great shape. Managed a slow lap on PP just to check out the progress and was very impressed with the work that's been done. Kudos to everybody who's been a part of those improvements. It's amazing how you can still visualize the singletrack even on those widened sections. Will be wonderful once some of the vegetation grows back in around it, which shouldn't take long given the continued rains.

Put a huge gash in my shin due to a pedal slip on a simple bunny hop on Picnic, and then got punished from the long-stemmed wild flowers slapping up against the wound on the rest of Picnic and that stretch of trail along the river heading over to PP. Ouch!!!!  

IMAG2639.jpg

9 minutes ago, throet said:

Put a huge gash in my shin due to a pedal slip on a simple bunny hop on Picnic, and then got punished from the long-stemmed wild flowers slapping up against the wound on the rest of Picnic and that stretch of trail along the river heading over to PP. Ouch!!!!  

I like that you made sure to take a photo of your bloodied and dirty leg. 

..Al

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ridenfool said:

If you're not bleeding, you're not having fun ,,, was my motto for a very long time.

Since going to flats I wear shin guards to protect my delicate and artistic scar tissue that I've invested decades to create. 😱

Interested in what you came up with. I've been tempted as I've had a few pedal gashes from flats myself.