IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

21 hours ago, First-Blood said:

My intent wasn't to make a trail sign to read at a glance. It was a WAY different approach. I tried to even place them in places where one could stop and read... maybe ponder if you will. I truly believe most people are good. And that most users modify the trail because they are naive and think that they are helping. Or that its ok because its public park land. That's what the WARNING is at the top for. It will make people stop and read. I couldn't care less about getting more people to help out. Its managed just fine as is. (Disclaimer... the last year has been challenging with a newborn but I will maintain as the trail deserves once I can again... and I appreciate all those who step up to help) oh....The email is there in small type for a reason as well.  Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

When I saw the sign here, my eyes were drawn to the “turn back now”. That in itself would make me stop and read the sign. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, HoneyBadger said:

Just asking cause volunteering for trial building seems like a sore point with you and i was curious why since i dont know who you are. Know i now. With all that experience I'd love for you to come and joins us some time when were building.

Thanks, I'll look for an opportunity to lend a hand. Back before I got married I seemed to have lots of spare time. :classic_dry:

• Like 1

On 5/18/2019 at 4:21 PM, First-Blood said:

How many pages should said sign be? Ha. Anyways cant please everyone. Already got complaints from others about various other things like fonts and too many words. Sorry it didnt meet your needs too. But I get what you mean as well. not sure that saying people work hard on this for free would change an assholes mindset. Shit maybe none of this will. But there were already so many words on it. Anyone angry enough or interested enough will give the email a go.  

Without rehashing everything that has been said recently - my fading memory says this sign was discussed publicly long before it was made or posted. Just like any other volunteer effort, some people liked it, some people hated it but most thought any such sign was a step in the right direction.

Just like there will never be complete agreement on trails, trail features, trail difficulty, A thru Z lines, rideable / too wet, etc. there will never be complete agreement on what should be on a sign. A lot of people have put a *LOT* of personal time, energy and money into making some great trails.  It amazes me how other people complain about a few peoples' efforts. Some people think that if someone does not contribute to the effort, they don't get a say. My personal opinion is all inputs are welcome. Some will turn into truly great improvements I may not have seen. But most outside suggestions will get filed with all of the other outside suggestions/complaints. So don't expect every suggestion/complaint to be treated as gospel. 

• Like 4

Finally got out for a low-impact trail ride on west RJ/and the Ditch... different kind of trail ride though:

brushyrc1.jpg.ca79c98b9ed56aaef217fa0652b3b964.jpg

brushyrc2.jpg.04ecfd7f964d4470fd788f96d801026f.jpg

...and I still drowned in my own sweat. Tons of riders out though, "Hero" conditions, if you aren't a sweater.

Edited by gotdurt
  • Like 5

14 minutes ago, gotdurt said:

Finally got out for a low-impact trail ride on west RJ/and the Ditch... different kind of trail ride though:

brushyrc1.jpg.ca79c98b9ed56aaef217fa0652b3b964.jpg

brushyrc2.jpg.04ecfd7f964d4470fd788f96d801026f.jpg

...and I still drowned in my own sweat. Tons of riders out though, "Hero" conditions, if you aren't a sweater.

You need to explain yourself young man, pronto!

19 minutes ago, AntonioGG said:

Tamiya?

Mostly Carisma with parts from Axial and others. Tamiya battery connectors and paint 😛

17 minutes ago, Yosmithy said:

You need to explain yourself young man, pronto!

It's still knobblies and orange anodized bits, yo. I actually started to do some fishing instead, but didn't want to risk my shoulders.

Edited by gotdurt
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Cafeend said:

That's cooler than a One Wheel!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Maybe 😁

Here's a short clip going over the new feature we helped make a few weeks back on outer log loop at Walnut.   

I've got a total of 3 OW riders so far coming this Saturday to help work on the trails at Peddlers.  We were ready for the last one but the rain shut it down.  I look forward to meeting some of the Brushy Creek crew!  

• Like 10