IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

9 hours ago, DirtSurfer said:

Maybe 😁

Here's a short clip going over the new feature we helped make a few weeks back on outer log loop at Walnut.   

I've got a total of 3 OW riders so far coming this Saturday to help work on the trails at Peddlers.  We were ready for the last one but the rain shut it down.  I look forward to meeting some of the Brushy Creek crew!  

That's awesome that some of the One Wheel crew are coming to help.

• Like 1

That's awesome that some of the One Wheel crew are coming to help.

The One Wheel crew have moved some serious dirt at Walnut and they really represent. Good bunch to have on a dig crew and they can really smooth the face of a berm with one of their One Wheelers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Shinerider said:

And now I see the ranch that is East of the dam is being developed.  Ugh.  Too many people along that corridor!

judge wilson sold his land to the WORST builder in the ATX, in my opinion. Their neighborhoods look like shit and have no yards. the fpoor plans are wonky as all get out. That blows for that field to be built out by Milestone. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Cafeend said:

You should wear name tags so I know who you are and can say hi.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I'm trying to get some funds together for some Tshirts, but this weekend I'll ask everyone to wear some other onewheel tshirt if they have one.   If the organizer of this meetup agrees,  we would be happy to bring our OWs along as tools.  We can shuttle dirt buckets, haul wheelbarrows, and our tires do a good job to flatten and pack fresh trail.  I don't want to be a distraction from the work effort,  but I can't tell you how many times it comes in handy. 

27 minutes ago, DirtSurfer said:

I'm trying to get some funds together for some Tshirts, but this weekend I'll ask everyone to wear some other onewheel tshirt if they have one.   If the organizer of this meetup agrees,  we would be happy to bring our OWs along as tools.  We can shuttle dirt buckets, haul wheelbarrows, and our tires do a good job to flatten and pack fresh trail.  I don't want to be a distraction from the work effort,  but I can't tell you how many times it comes in handy. 

I'm the organizer, and yes bring your One Wheels (as long as you let me try one). I see the potential of a One Wheel flattening newly dug berms etc. I've used a wheelbarrow full of dirt to flatten trails before, but the One Wheel would be more precise. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedRider3141 said:

Probably sourced from go-kart tires. I doubt that the OW market developed their own rubber.

Yep, you got it.  They are not stock,  a OW comes with  Vega, but these are Kart tires by Hoosier,  Hoosier and Burris are now actually making onewheel specific tires, but the one in the pic is a Hoosier slick kart tire for dirt.

15 hours ago, Yosmithy said:

They look so fun, but also looks like another option for breaking myself.

Hope to see ya'll on Saturday if I make it out

Self control seems to be the biggest ruler for who breaks themself...its hard to not want to go faster...I broke a collarbone last year racing in North Carolina.  The search for top speed always ends in a nosedive!   you will be among snoopy friends though...check out my friends tattoo 

20181011_123711.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DirtSurfer said:

Self control seems to be the biggest ruler for who breaks themself...its hard to not want to go faster...I broke a collarbone last year racing in North Carolina.  The search for top speed always ends in a nosedive!   you will be among snoopy friends though...check out my friends tattoo 

20181011_123711.jpg

Dude, that's freakin awesome!

• Like 1

Trigger warning:  Dissenting opinion

I rode the new Peddler yesterday for the first time, and the machine built stuff is boring.  It contrasts so sharply with the excellent hand built parts.  I'm confused because I've read so many positive opinions of the new stuff here.  I mean it's not even close.  

6 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Trigger warning:  Dissenting opinion

I rode the new Peddler yesterday for the first time, and the machine built stuff is boring.  It contrasts so sharply with the excellent hand built parts.  I'm confused because I've read so many positive opinions of the new stuff here.  I mean it's not even close.  

Different people like different trails. Ride the parts you like and let others ride the parts they like.

9 minutes ago, Yosmithy said:

Might i recommend some Metalachi?

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Yosmithy said:

Thanks a lot. I was trying to forget I ever heard/saw that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AntonioGG said:

Does the opera singing guy still go to the nut?  How about the sword fighters?  I've seen the mariachi band too.  I think it's all awesome.

I haven't heard the Opera dude, but the Pugilists still practice out there

1 hour ago, Yosmithy said:

Walnut Creek has its Fighting Knights in Rubber Armor group,  so Mariachi for Brushy Creek sounds good to me!   It's good entertainment while charging 😁