IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

26 minutes ago, AntonioGG said:

I don't trust my timing

I'm with you 100%! I've had two really bad incidents that both could have resulted in a broken neck. I've concluded that if I have to think about what I'm doing, I shouldn't be doing it. Gradually I'm beginning to trust my instincts on bigger and trickier stuff, but also believe that I'm still relying too much on speed vs. technique in many cases. Would love to hear how your backyard setup is working for you. I've considered doing something like that myself but my yard is so small there wouldn't be anyplace left to play cornhole!  

• Like 1

I am wondering if this is where I went OTB Sat.

Did a drop and thought I had the speed to make it over/roll over the rocks on the landing.  I did not.

Fun fact, the purple bruise on my hip looks awesome, bisected by the stretch mark.  Apparently, stretch marks don't bruise, so it has a nice bright white line crisscrossing it.  lol

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, AntonioGG said:

Thanks guys for the tips.  I gotta say that rolling stuff is OK for me, but when I feel like I have to do a mini-manual to miss a rock on the landing is when I get very nervous.  I don't trust my timing.  It's also why I don't do lots of jumps and bigger drops.  I'm working on it though, with some wooden ramps I built as well as a table top I built in my back yard, I hope to synchronize my manual/pump.

I have meant to ask this but keep forgetting, the line to the left of the tree, is that a sanctioned alternate line or a cheater line that needs to be blocked?

Leave it open, it's like EBD. It's been there long enough it really doesn't matter. I am fine with both lines remaining. They are both far enough in the trail and challenging enough that I can see the need. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, CBaron said:

Yeah, I had noticed that too way back when I was digging through the standings.  I didn't want to be so pedantic as to point it out (at same time as my segment time).  So thanks for the assist! 😉 

I do think there may have been some kind or re-route or addition in there at some point (past 4-5 yrs).

Later,
CJB

The addition of Pre-plunge is the major reroute since the earliest days, that added just over a half mile, that is how we brought you Spongebob 😉 

The trail has gotten much more difficult and slower IMO, maybe peeps cheated a bit back then as well, but we never had "shortcuts" or reroutes for people to follow, we built from point A to B.

preplunge.JPG

Hmm...funny, "Speedkiller" minor reroute doesn't show up as the official route, Strava's algorithm hasn't identified it's enough deviation to change the route. Speedkiller was one of our early  helper's re-interpretation of how I flagged the trail, they took it upon themselves to add curves in lieu of the fast route that allows you to fly and drop a section vs crawl through. I quickly rerouted it. 

speedkiller.JPG

Edited by rugger
  • Like 1

Trail is perfect!  I rode Peddlers (watch out for the backhoe working on some berms on the west side), 1/4, and Picnic..  The mud hole at the Y in Picnic is drying up all rutted up.  I tried to flatten the ruts but it's too dry now.
That does need work but damn if that flowy fast roller drop going down and into the wavey right back onto Picnic is not awesome, what is? It is evolving into one of my favorite spots. It's like 50 feet of fast fun

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, First-Blood said:

Anyone wanna volunteer their services to mow Picnic. I have the brush hog from ARR tool shed but no free time next week.
I'll pay you in thanks for your service messages.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I already responded on FB, but it's ok, go ahead and ignore the senior society....

millennial's....phtt 

• Like 1

On 5/30/2019 at 1:31 PM, rugger said:

I can believe times like that from Matt, Dave, AJ, I am sure there are others. 

Dismount Spongebob E-W? You don't mean W-E? C'mon, if you have gotten that far you can easily roll it, give it a try, I bet you can easily do it. 

Albert, it's the rock that looks like Spongebob, duh. It's a ledge to a slope to a flat dry creek face: 

Cool video, but the dude you are following is smoking you tho!!

On 5/30/2019 at 11:13 PM, Morealice said:

The far right side of Spongebob E-W is VERY easy to roll...it’s virtually smooth on a 27.5” wheel.

give that a shot, just don’t catch your bar on the sapling to the far right...stay a bit left of it and you’ll see how easy it can be

Don't be modest triple OG! You know you huck it to flat 🚲 

I'd be glad to help trim back Picnic with that brush hog, and I've used that very machine before (up at Lake Georgetown).  I have no means of transporting it, though.  Parts of Gumdrop and Snow White could also use the same treatment.  Suburban Ninja was also quite bad the last time I rode it, not sure how much of that has been trimmed since then.  That long section of trail behind the houses needs some serious trimming, for instance.  

Oh, speaking of Gumdrop, the bridge right at the beginning (eastern end) has a tree that is leaning over it.  It's no longer possible to ride the bridge -- the tree is slowly falling over, with the root ball already popping out of the ground.  

Oh, speaking of Gumdrop, the bridge right at the beginning (eastern end) has a tree that is leaning over it.  It's no longer possible to ride the bridge -- the tree is slowly falling over, with the root ball already popping out of the ground.  

Yea we know. We are debating what to do. We are hesitant to cut it out because the root ball holds that bank in. May try and winch it up and secure. But I bet it will need to go.

• Like 1

I'd be glad to help trim back Picnic with that brush hog, and I've used that very machine before (up at Lake Georgetown).  I have no means of transporting it, though.  Parts of Gumdrop and Snow White could also use the same treatment.  Suburban Ninja was also quite bad the last time I rode it, not sure how much of that has been trimmed since then.  That long section of trail behind the houses needs some serious trimming, for instance.  

SUB NINJA has been worked on. Gum drop hasn't or snow. But Snow is so low traffic I'm not gonna worry on it now. Davis Green offered to cut Picnic and he lives within walking distance to it so I just need to drop at his place. Thanks. I'll let you know if we can coordinate the other areas.

• Like 1

Sounds good.  Yeah, Snow White isn't really that bad, although the thistles have taken hold there.  And the section of Gumdrop that needs attention isn't too long, and could easily be accessed from the Champion Park parking lot.  Good to hear that Suburban Ninja has been worked on in this regard, I'll check it out next time I ride (which could be today). 

..Al