IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

58 minutes ago, First-Blood said:

SUB NINJA has been worked on. Gum drop hasn't or snow. But Snow is so low traffic I'm not gonna worry on it now. Davis Green offered to cut Picnic and he lives within walking distance to it so I just need to drop at his place. Thanks. I'll let you know if we can coordinate the other areas.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Davis Green?!?!? My nemesis! David Green! 

Albert, let’s coordinate this week to clean these sections up with the hog. I’ll shoot you a PM. 

• Like 1

Davis Green?!?!? My nemesis! David Green!  Albert, let’s coordinate this week to clean these sections up with the hog. I’ll shoot you a PM. 

My fault. I wouldn't want to mix you up with that scoundrel Davis Green I hear he wears lycra and goes slow.

7 hours ago, Yosmithy said:

I went through there yesterday, and it looks like tracks where someone has already used that as a "Feature" 🙂

LOL  That would be me and I'm sure there were others.  It's actually easier now than it was before.

20 hours ago, Albert said:

LOL, just saw this photo on Facebook, guess that tree on Gumdrop has come all the way down!

image.thumb.png.f99bd5a85479c863aca408e0a97bbe80.png

Good! I thought I was going crazy the last time I went through there because it was at like a 45° and I could have sworn I used to have no issues crossing the bridge before. I actually mentioned it to AJ at the Peddler last weekend because he said he had recently cable tied the bridge the tree roots. He said he would take a look at it, you know in between running a great bike shop and building up SN. 

On 5/31/2019 at 8:57 AM, AntonioGG said:

Thanks guys for the tips.  I gotta say that rolling stuff is OK for me, but when I feel like I have to do a mini-manual to miss a rock on the landing is when I get very nervous.  I don't trust my timing.  It's also why I don't do lots of jumps and bigger drops.  I'm working on it though, with some wooden ramps I built as well as a table top I built in my back yard, I hope to synchronize my manual/pump.

I have meant to ask this but keep forgetting, the line to the left of the tree, is that a sanctioned alternate line or a cheater line that needs to be blocked?

You dont need to manual, just get low and push your bars forward. You need much less timing to hit a drop this way.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, crazyt said:

You dont need to manual, just get low and push your bars forward. You need much less timing to hit a drop this way.

I was thinking of Lee McCormack this weekend.  So basically anti-row as you're rolling off?  That's usually what I do but not when I feel like my front tire will hit a rock on the landing.  That's my biggest problem.

I was thinking of Lee McCormack this weekend.  So basically anti-row as you're rolling off?  That's usually what I do but not when I feel like my front tire will hit a rock on the landing.  That's my biggest problem.
That's what front suspension is for.

• Like 1

I agree that pushing your bike forward is definitely the best approach for taking drops like this.  It's also the way to get into a manual if you roll that way.  Much easier to progress because you use the same approach for a 5" drop that you use for a 5' drop.  I will say that the only time I really have to do something different is when there is a nice rock right where I want to put my rear wheel that is begging to ding my rim.  In these cases, I'll actively try and manage the bike more and lift or scrub accordingly.  

The last thing I want to be worrying about when taking a drop is timing.  

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, GreenMTBrider said:

Started working on cutting the overgrowth on Lower Picnic today. Still more to do, but I was starting to run low on gas (the brush hog and myself) so called it quits for the day. 

I rode earlier today and tried riding on the edges until I noticed some rocks and then hit some log or something hidden by the grass.  I'm not doing that again.  Glad you got out there and thanks!

1 minute ago, AntonioGG said:

I rode earlier today and tried riding on the edges until I noticed some rocks and then hit some log or something hidden by the grass.  I'm not doing that again.  Glad you got out there and thanks!

Yeah, I went over the handlebars two weeks ago when I hit a log hidden by tall grass on the edge of another trail at Brushy.  I was quite surprised as I was flying through the air before abruptly hitting the ground. 

13 hours ago, GreenMTBrider said:

Started working on cutting the overgrowth on Lower Picnic today. Still more to do, but I was starting to run low on gas (the brush hog and myself) so called it quits for the day. 

I really appreciate the work.  I ride Picnic almost every ride and it will be so nice to have that trimmed.

• Like 2