IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

2 hours ago, CBaron said:

And if I recall correctly, there was a time when you hated the thought of a dropped-bar bike. 

I still don't like them.  The only dropped-bar bike I have is a Specialized Crux cross bike and that is hooked up to my stationary trainer.  I generally use my Crosstrail hybrid when I want to ride roads and crushed granite trails, as that has a flat bar.  It is certainly heavier than the Crux, though!  😄 

1 hour ago, Albert said:

I still don't like them.  The only dropped-bar bike I have is a Specialized Crux cross bike and that is hooked up to my stationary trainer.  I generally use my Crosstrail hybrid when I want to ride roads and crushed granite trails, as that has a flat bar.  It is certainly heavier than the Crux, though!  😄 

I used to never ride on the drops, until after a bike fit they swapped out the bars and stem for me.  Now I ride on the drops all the time, on the flats, climbing, descending.

41 minutes ago, TheX said:

So, any chance Brushy is ride-able this weekend? We had a LOT of rain here in Pf, almost 4 inches in the last three days.

Yes. I just got back from cutting grass on the 1/4 Notch entrance and Picnic. I think tomorrow 1/4 Notch and some of the other trails will be good to go. Peddlers will be closed tomorrow morning and afternoon and may open in the evening depending on conditions. I plan to check the trails before 7AM tomorrow and will post an update. Just FYI, here at 1/4 Notch we received about 2.5” of rain

• Like 2

So without reposting all of the Brushy Creek Trail Conditions posts... 

1/4 Notch: G2G. Some soft low spots remain. Ride thru or hike a bike over. Do not ride around, minimize trail widening. 

Double Down: G2G

Picnic: G2G. Slightly tacky in areas. Typical soft low spots. 

Mulligan: G2G. Bottom of drops are wet. These take quite awhile to dry. 

Peddlers Pass: *update* G2G

Other trails: Use caution. Snow White, Gnargasm, Rim are likely G2G. I didn’t have time to confirm but it’s a good guess based on other trail conditions. Gum Drop may be too soft, again use caution/common sense. 

Edited by GreenMTBrider
  • Like 1

@GreenMTBrider and I spent several hours this morning at Brushy with the Brush Hog cutting away the tall grass along the entire length of Picnic, the beginning of 1/4 Notch, and whatever that trail is called that intersects with the 1/4 Notch entrance and runs along a field for some distance (I'd never been on it before, but walked its length twice today!!)  Saw lots of people riding the trails while it was relatively cooler (that is, instead of hot as hell, it was just hot).  A few photos: 

Some before shots of Picnic: 

Brushy_Picnic_Before_4.thumb.jpg.ffe1821eaebd0618ae030fc619f77a81.jpg

Brushy_Picnic_Before_3.thumb.jpg.d920e8db207c9896f9a7df5647e88385.jpg

Brushy_Picnic_Before_2.thumb.jpg.484c5f2c9f39110b2907558703097ea4.jpg

Picnic during and after mowing: 

Brushy_Picnic_David.thumb.jpg.cf89a493b087abcb82e33c4b11898bb1.jpg

Brushy_Picnic_After_2.thumb.jpg.19b996a1b3ca0240b166dbb3a4b44c4a.jpg

Brushy_Picnic_After_1.thumb.jpg.a8a58e60223dab357253930c57c75eb1.jpg

That other trail whose name I do not know: 

Brushy_Opposite_Picnic.thumb.jpg.0bcd2710ccbd567ddfc480a5db82dc32.jpg

I look forward to riding Picnic again and being able to actually see oncoming riders and not having dirty nature rubbing constantly on my legs!

..Al

• Like 6
  • Thanks 9

2 minutes ago, First-Blood said:

I hate when nature touches me. Thanks for doing that. I'll have that hog a little longer if you get the urge again.

I'd really like to use it on Suburban Ninja.  When I rode it a week ago only two-thirds of the southern section (leading to the trees) was cut, and it also needs to be trimmed beyond that under the tree cover for a ways..  The hog would make quick work of that.  Would need to touch base with whoever is maintaining the trail to make sure they are okay with doing that.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'd really like to use it on Suburban Ninja.  When I rode it a week ago only two-thirds of the southern section (leading to the trees) was cut, and it also needs to be trimmed beyond that under the tree cover for a ways..  The hog would make quick work of that.  Would need to touch base with whoever is maintaining the trail to make sure they are okay with doing that.  
AJ @ Peddler Bike Shop is your man

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Is there anyone that can hang the chain across the entrance to Peddlers Pass this morning? I can't get to it until later today. With all the rain last night anyone that rides the trail will create ruts. With only 5 more building days before the race, the last thing we need is to spend our time fixing ruts. Thanks.

*Endurarace is taking care of hanging the chain. Thanks

Edited by HoneyBadger
  • Like 1