IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

Is there anyone that can hang the chain across the entrance to Peddlers Pass this morning? I can't get to it until later today. With all the rain last night anyone that rides the trail will create ruts. With only 5 more building days before the race, the last thing we need is to spend our time fixing ruts. Thanks.
*Endurarace is taking care of hanging the chain. Thanks
Unfortunately that ONE chain will only stop a few. IMO
We need to build a fence at a few spots. Particularly at the ridgeline access area. It's so wide open and people came in and out there. It would be hard to setup a chain there. We could do Cedar posts but with that area so wide people will just go around it. If there was a fence eliminating that area as an access point it would help. You can even post a map on tje fence with where the trailhead is etc.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Let me get this straight. Are we proposing building a fence in a park to keep people out of public land? That sounds like a last resort type tactic.

I agree that putting in a cedar fence there won’t stop everyone (just ask BCP what kind of fence that takes) but i think it’s a start. Why not put up a map and sign and start educating people? People that want to ride regardless of the chain or fence are going to be hard to stop. Let’s focus on the ones that just don’t know or understand why they shouldn’t ride wet trails. That seems more productive IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let me get this straight. Are we proposing building a fence in a park to keep people out of public land? That sounds like a last resort type tactic. 

I agree that putting in a cedar fence there won’t stop everyone (just ask BCP what kind of fence that takes) but i think it’s a start. Why not put up a map and sign and start educating people? People that want to ride regardless of the chain or fence are going to be hard to stop. Let’s focus on the ones that just don’t know or understand why they shouldn’t ride wet trails. That seems more productive IMO.

I dont disagree but simple fence will stop a ton of people from just making a mess of that area. It would be a natural resource Cedar post fence. Not like a yard Cedar fence. It has worked just fine along the BCRT picnic areas. Majority of people respect it and will go where the sign posted on the fence says to go. The goal is to be simple for Ronan right when the trail needs to be closed. Having four chains to hang isnt simple. Having 1 or 2 is. That's why I feel a simple fence will mostly work. Have you ever stopped and looked at that one open area by ball fields. There are beaten paths all over the place. It wont take but another year or so with popularity increasing to have a tangle of beaten paths from people entering in freely.  

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, Tree Magnet said:

Not planning on putting a fence around the whole thing. Just an unobtrusive fence in few key locations to stop people from entering where they shouldn't. 

image.jpeg.9dd1543e9730a8ff68bbff4a1f21adee.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Kobra Kai MTB Guy said:

With all the sun and wind today, I feel like quarter and DD may be good by 5. Thoughts?

Open areas may be okay, but we got quite a bit of rain last night. I’m about 300 ft from the 1/4 Entrance and my yard was a swamp this morning. Additionally, the east entrance is guarantee to be slimy. 

Im about to leave work and will check when I get home, but to be honest I’d be surprised if it’s good to go. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Kobra Kai MTB Guy said:

With all the sun and wind today, I feel like quarter and DD may be good by 5. Thoughts?

I  was over a the soccer fields this AM around 10. It was on and off sprinkling and had standing water around. 

The path was rather soft. 

That was then and this is now but I would be surprised if it was good

Peddlers Pass: G2G

1/4 Notch is G2G. Watch for remaining low wet spots. 

Walking to Picnic now.

*Update* 

Picnic: Almost okay. Number of soft spots that result in caking. I’d recommend to give it until tomorrow. 

Other trails: Unable to check. Snow White will be okay, while trails like Gum Drop may be too soft. USE CAUTION

Edited by GreenMTBrider
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Yosmithy said:

Probably doesn't need to be said, but I just left the Skate Park because of rain....radar looks like it might be awhile too

Was it enough rain to ruin my plans of a night ride around 9 or 10 tonight? It was very light rain at my house.

Edited by 4fun

9 minutes ago, 4fun said:

Was it enough rain to ruin my plans of a night ride around 9 or 10 tonight? It was very light rain at my house.

It didn't rain hard, but lasted for about and hour after I got home. Might be a bit slimy in parts. 

I hadn't even unloaded my bike when it started.

I rode the regional trail up from great oaks and the decomposed granite sections were pretty soupy so I was resigned to just enjoy the easy spin to the songs of the crickets in the perfect 68 degree weather!! Jonesing for dirt I thought I’ll ride 20 yards down upper Picnic and turn around due to the inevitable mud! Wrong it was slightly moist over hard pack and fast as hell!! No caking, and who said you can’t find flow in central Texas! I only rode the high side east to west and turned around and rode west to east and I couldn’t find any evidence I had rode the other direction. Still not stupid enough to try moist limestone by myself at night so I can’t speak for any of the other trails but I would think with just a little bit of sun and everything should be good by tomorrow afternoon!

• Like 1