IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

28 minutes ago, First-Blood said:

I'm really surprised we put that time down. It was way more fun than I imagined. Thanks 4fun for stepping up with me! Now where is our money!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

You probably could have done better if you weren't laughing so hard while you were riding. 

• Like 1

I'm really surprised we put that time down. It was way more fun than I imagined. Thanks 4fun for stepping up with me! Now where is our money!

I’m on the hook for $20 here so PM me your email. First figure out if the split is 50/50 or if the captain gets a bigger cut...or maybe the stoker? Either way, sort it out and your money is on the way. You earned it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Tree Magnet said:

I’m on the hook for $20 here so PM me your email. First figure out if the split is 50/50 or if the captain gets a bigger cut...or maybe the stoker? Either way, sort it out and your money is on the way. You earned it!!

Hmmm, I think I may have committed monies as well, I completely forgot about that.  And I couldn't even get out to Brushy yesterday to watch, as I had some emergency computer crap to do (thank you critical Exim vulnerability with exploits already in the wild!)  Only got about 2.5 hours of sleep last night, so I will be a zombie later. 

..Al

1 hour ago, Tree Magnet said:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree! Who knew a tandem could be so much fun! If you look at our individual times you would know the gas powering that train was at least 75% first blood! 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, GreenMTBrider said:

2.25” of rain last night according to the gauge. Whomp whomp! 

In other news, I picked up my bike yesterday from the shop so once it drys out I’ll be back to hitting the trails. 

So the trail is good to go?

Quick Side Note:  Kinda funny about the quarter notch moniker thing and DBuratti and all that. I rode Walnut for the first time in forever the other day...first ride on the new bike, and granted it’s a 29er...no dropper post...and my friend had to tell me we had just ridden down endo valley. I don’t know if it’s gotten easier or whatever over the years because I don’t know if I’ve ridden it previously, but I got a good laugh after my friend told me we had just ridden the Beast known as endo valley. Spongebob is way dicier than that crap. Just my 2 cents. 

4 minutes ago, Morealice said:

Quick Side Note:  Kinda funny about the quarter notch moniker thing and DBuratti and all that. I rode Walnut for the first time in forever the other day...first ride on the new bike, and granted it’s a 29er...no dropper post...and my friend had to tell me we had just ridden down endo valley. I don’t know if it’s gotten easier or whatever over the years because I don’t know if I’ve ridden it previously, but I got a good laugh after my friend told me we had just ridden the Beast known as endo valley. Spongebob is way dicier than that crap. Just my 2 cents. 

Did you ride the right line or the left line?  It used to be only the left line was there.  Endo's sketchiness goes up and down with how it wears. There was a point where I thought the original steep line was less sketchy than the right line.

10 minutes ago, AntonioGG said:

Did you ride the right line or the left line?  It used to be only the left line was there.  Endo's sketchiness goes up and down with how it wears. There was a point where I thought the original steep line was less sketchy than the right line.

Ah ok. To be fair I feel like I rode the right side. Next time I will remember to stay left. I just kinda followed my friend down it (whom I have witnessed ride stuff I would never ever try)....that bitch probably thought I couldn’t handle the left side! Eh, I doubt he even knows. His ass didn’t even know how to follow the main loop. We were pretty boosted, however. 

Edited by Morealice

I keep seeing references to Sponge Bob, does someone have a picture of this feature on 1/4 notch. I'm pretty sure I know the area, but want to make sure.

So it's a double ledge. The top ledge is limestone with lots of holes and sharp edges. Looks like a sponge. Similar limestone to LGT if familiar. Going East to West it is a drop so to speak ...the approach is slight uphill with a near about 90 ish turn at the top. It used to be a true 90 but we re routed to swing out wider for lime of sight and huck-a-bility.

• Like 1

BTW, I went out yesterday just to do a postmortem on PP to see how all those wheels from the race affected it. The trail surface survived very well for being so dry. It was actually interesting to see how the lines developed. Some were very different than what I was expected. Also what surprised me, was very little braking going on, or that was obvious.  

Would love to hear any track/trail reports from those that raced and pushed it hard. 

I was huffing and puffing, and was about 20-30 seconds off my best Strava time, which I was expecting given the inaccuracies with Stava.

I heard quite a few folks washed out in one of the few flat turns.  The benefit of being slow I guess did not have to worry much about that.

Was still a blast and loved it. 

• Like 2

Yes there was one flat turn just west of the new side walk that was loose but overall I thought the trail was in great shape.  FS 29er running 19psi front and rear, I pushed hard for me (mid 16's) all three laps and only had a couple of brief moments.  Overall it was a great event so a huge thank you to all involved before and during the event.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yosmithy said:

BTW, I went out yesterday just to do a postmortem on PP to see how all those wheels from the race affected it. The trail surface survived very well for being so dry. It was actually interesting to see how the lines developed. Some were very different than what I was expected. Also what surprised me, was very little braking going on, or that was obvious.  

Would love to hear any track/trail reports from those that raced and pushed it hard. 

Several of the turns on the East side along the road were pretty loose.  Yeah, that one flat turn on the west side of the new sidewalk was really bad.  I could already see the tracks where people went off so I slowed down in time.

I literally ate dirt on one of the new berms on the West side.  I hit a loose rock with my front wheel and I low-sided.  Thankfully I've only got a few scrapes on my right leg.

• Like 1