IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

I’ve created a GoFundMe page (link below) for Peddlers Pass.  My goals with this fundraising effort are:

1. Replace volunteers tools that have been either stolen or broken.

2. Buy materials to create new features on the trail.

3. Have KOM come back and work on the East side of Parmer Lane.

Any amount you contribute is greatly appreciated and will help us to continue improving Peddlers Pass.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/peddlers-pass-trail-fund&rcid=r01-156090844985-379f3f5e2aa94fa8&pc=ot_co_campmgmt_w

• Like 3

11 hours ago, First-Blood said:

The key is indeed straight up. You need to get a good burst upto the first ledge and try and be as light as possible up to the second ledge. Then place front tire on face of second ledge and as long as your momentum is good you just shift weight and lunge hips to bars and stand up and pedal out. Simple right?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Any time I have approached riding this way...all first you do this then that... I have never cleared a tough spot...for me, it goes more like...ok, now I shift my weight, then I...fuck...*gets off bike and shakes head

• Like 2

11 hours ago, jcarneytx said:

No, a few twist and turns before that. There's a slight incline, then at the top a ledge that sits a bit diagonally across trail, with two junipers on either side of trail, a few feet apart, with another small ledge just a bit more than a bike length beyond that. Been meaning to get pics and ask about it, as I'm sure it has a name of some sort.

You're probably talking about Dub Step - at 1:05 in the vid. 

Edited by throet
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, throet said:

You're probably talking about Dub Step. 

He's talking about the switchback after Dub Step and The Alter, before Pre Plunge. It's the one you go right down a ledge and switch back left up onto loose limestone with the ledges through the two trees. I think it's just at/after Moose knuckle in the video.

• Like 1

I broke my middle finger in 2 places hitting the tree after Ray's Collarbone a few months back (was hauling it at the 180 turn back & there's a sawn off limb on that tree right at hand height... cut it a little too far to the right) - just now able to ride and golf again.  That was my first MB injury in 2+ years.  Still love double down.

On 6/16/2019 at 12:11 PM, Tree Magnet said:

I’m on the hook for $20 here so PM me your email. First figure out if the split is 50/50 or if the captain gets a bigger cut...or maybe the stoker? Either way, sort it out and your money is on the way. You earned it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 6/16/2019 at 12:16 PM, Albert said:

Hmmm, I think I may have committed monies as well, I completely forgot about that.  And I couldn't even get out to Brushy yesterday to watch, as I had some emergency computer crap to do (thank you critical Exim vulnerability with exploits already in the wild!)  Only got about 2.5 hours of sleep last night, so I will be a zombie later. 

..Al

On 6/17/2019 at 12:07 PM, crazyt said:

I committed to match all other money up to $100, happy to paypal it to wherever.

Not sure how much Albert committed but if it's $10-$20 the total would be $60-$80 with crazyt match! For my half if you guys would just donate to the new Peddlers pass go fund me page and label it tandem fun that would be awesome! 

Thanks 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, HoneyBadger said:

I’ve created a GoFundMe page (link below) for Peddlers Pass.  My goals with this fundraising effort are:

1. Replace volunteers tools that have been either stolen or broken.

2. Buy materials to create new features on the trail.

3. Have KOM come back and work on the East side of Parmer Lane.

Any amount you contribute is greatly appreciated and will help us to continue improving Peddlers Pass.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/peddlers-pass-trail-fund&rcid=r01-156090844985-379f3f5e2aa94fa8&pc=ot_co_campmgmt_w

Ok I'm in. 1k raised in the last six hours, so theoretically in 36hrs it should hit it's goal. I'm gonna shame some people now. If you ride these trails and love these trails you need to donate to this cause or be ashamed of freeloading. This could be what gets the city to see how important this trail system is to the people and possibly get bigger projects pushed through at Brushy Creek. Just think if the city was on board for new trails and a go fund me was set up to help construct new trails how great would that be.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Chief said:

Ok I'm in. 1k raised in the last six hours, so theoretically in 36hrs it should hit it's goal. I'm gonna shame some people now. If you ride these trails and love these trails you need to donate to this cause or be ashamed of freeloading. This could be what gets the city to see how important this trail system is to the people and possibly get bigger projects pushed through at Brushy Creek. Just think if the city was on board for new trails and a go fund me was set up to help construct new trails how great would that be.

Hey not so fast with the shaming man! I delivered $50 in Home Depot gift cards to Ronan on Sat during the race - $25 for @HoneyBadger and $25 for @First Blood. This was before I knew of any GoFundMe page. So although you won't see my name on the list of GoFundMe donors, please know that I pitched in. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chief said:

He's talking about the switchback after Dub Step and The Alter, before Pre Plunge. It's the one you go right down a ledge and switch back left up onto loose limestone with the ledges through the two trees. I think it's just at/after Moose knuckle in the video.

Bingo. 

All trails are boobs. 

Remembering that riding is fun on the new bike...even in this shitty humidity and mushy legs. Still so fun and glad to be back on a 29er...and more glad to be on one that rides like a hardtail. Unngh. 

AEDFA83E-6B02-4C62-8B2B-14B2E6AA7EA7.jpeg

• Like 1

During the second lap on PP sat, my dropper got stuck down and my crank arms started coming loose.  Tightened the crank arm in between laps, but loose again once I finished my third lap.  Off to the shop, gotta use that extended warranty. 😉

Might try to get out on the hardtail, we'll see. 

50 minutes ago, throet said:

Hey not so fast with the shaming man! I delivered $50 in Home Depot gift cards to Ronan on Sat during the race - $25 for @HoneyBadger and $25 for @First Blood. This was before I knew of any GoFundMe page. So although you won't see my name on the list of GoFundMe donors, please know that I pitched in. 

Thank you for the gift cards, they are much appreciated. I hadn't set up the GoFundMe page when you gave me the gift cards, I just set it up last night.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Morealice said:

Bingo. 

All trails are boobs. 

Remembering that riding is fun on the new bike...even in this shitty humidity and mushy legs. Still so fun and glad to be back on a 29er...and more glad to be on one that rides like a hardtail. Unngh. 

AEDFA83E-6B02-4C62-8B2B-14B2E6AA7EA7.jpeg

That's it, I'm sure. Really need to stop and check lines for proper ride-thru. I seem to get stuck looking at the ledge, and only the ledge, then riding  into either tree. 

27 minutes ago, jcarneytx said:

That's it, I'm sure. Really need to stop and check lines for proper ride-thru. I seem to get stuck looking at the ledge, and only the ledge, then riding  into either tree. 

Ah, this one has been changing with erosion as of lately.  I used to go right on the step, then wide around the tree on the right with sharp turn right to get over it.  Now I go left on the step and more straight through the tree.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jcarneytx said:

Trick I’ve found is sight in between the trees on your approach and ride straight for it rather than trying any turning. Then focus on getting your wheel over the first small ledge and second ledge in one motion rather than individually. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Kobra Kai MTB Guy said:

Trick I’ve found is sight in between the trees on your approach and ride straight for it rather than trying any turning. Then focus on getting your wheel over the first small ledge and second ledge in one motion rather than individually. 

This. You should try to ride trail focusing about 10-15 ft in front of you. That way you have already mentally “ridden” the stuff immediately under you and right in front of you. It’s tough to do but really works. I’m decent at it until I get to a feature like EBD or something more daunting. 

• Like 1