IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

1 hour ago, Ridenfool said:

You're still holding out on the Cali weather you were supposed to bring back, aren't you? :classic_biggrin:

I've only ridden once since returning and frankly just haven't had the desire. Still trying to get out to Spider Mtn though and wondering how that will work out. Quick sprints down and then removing full-face and cooling off on the way back up - at least that's how I'm hoping it will go. I'm thinking 9AM-1PM might not be too bad with adequate hydration and resting between runs. 

28 minutes ago, RedRider3141 said:

Dang! That's Mid-Picnic near the entrance to 1/4 Notch right? I take a breather there 99% of the time I ride those trails. 

Exactly that's the spot.  on an unrelated note I saw a hawk dive into my back yard this morning and haul off a snake so this is shaping up to be a snake filled summer.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Txduc said:

Just be careful.  I rode right by this guy Wed night, didn't notice until I was right beside.  It startled me a bit.

20190619_204731.jpg

One reason I want to avoid TOO late in the day. I usually start about 5-6. Started at 730 last night. Many more active bunnies and I presume more snake activity at that time.

9 hours ago, jcarneytx said:

One reason I want to avoid TOO late in the day. I usually start about 5-6. Started at 730 last night. Many more active bunnies and I presume more snake activity at that time.

Wow, Mittens is slumming it down on Picnic now

• Like 5

Was someone replacing one of the bridges on suburban ninja up near peddler today?  The one on the side loop with the rock triangle indicating the turn?

We went out and crossed it, rode the 15ish minute trail on the other side, came back, and the bridge was gone.  Thought maybe we were in the wrong spot but gps confirmed it was the right spot.  Didn't think it had fallen in the water from what we could see.  Was the strangest thing!

Just now, fontarin said:

Was someone replacing one of the bridges on suburban ninja up near peddler today?  The one on the side loop with the rock triangle indicating the turn?

We went out and crossed it, rode the 15ish minute trail on the other side, came back, and the bridge was gone.  Thought maybe we were in the wrong spot but gps confirmed it was the right spot.  Didn't think it had fallen in the water from what we could see.  Was the strangest thing!

Candid camera?

8 minutes ago, GreenMTBrider said:

Based on the amount of rain I’d recommend another day. I’ll be at COTA tonight so unfortunately can’t verify, but if you go use caution. 

I cx’d up the BCRT last night. It all looked “souper” soupy to me. I don’t think any of it would be ready today, but I’ve been wrong about Deception before. If I don’t see anyone post up with a report I’ll assume it’s too muddy and just cx again. 

People riding muddy trails again. Use the Strava "Flyby" function to see who rode the trails yesterday. Seems like the chain worked in keeping people off Peddlers Pass.
image.thumb.png.cd391684ee3cad5c7f949203fb387ab8.png

Deception and Picnic were perfect yesterday. Even the big puddle on upper Picnic that was there Sunday was gone. We did not ride Peddlers because we assumed it was still wet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk