IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

1 hour ago, Kobra Kai MTB Guy said:

Ironically, Lagunitas Sucks is very similar to Sumpin and really good as well. 

If you ever seen Lagunitas Waldo’s (triple ipa released on 4/20 each year) you should definitely try it. So good. 

They used to have one called Brown Sugga that was very similar as well. In fact I think that may have become Lagunitas Sucks. Will be looking for Waldo in April! 

3 hours ago, JMR said:

What a crap show. 1/4, picnic and peddlers are too muddy. I put the chain up across peddlers entrance. 

Eastside is just as bad, I rode some of gumdrop and snow white then turned around on road home on the BCRT .  Way sticky and muddy out there.  

1 hour ago, throet said:

They used to have one called Brown Sugga that was very similar as well. In fact I think that may have become Lagunitas Sucks. Will be looking for Waldo in April! 

They had a beer called Gnarleywine.  They brewed it wrong one year (like 2011?) and decided to release it anyway renamed Brown Sugga.  It was spectacular.  However, since it was a recipe gone wrong it was impossible to recreate.  Lagunitas Sucks was an attempt to make something similar to Brown Sugga, I guess commenting on the feedback they received when they said they couldn't perfectly recreate the original.  They've reused the name Brown Sugga since then, but I don't think it's the same.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kyle said:

They had a beer called Gnarleywine.  They brewed it wrong one year (like 2011?) and decided to release it anyway renamed Brown Sugga.  It was spectacular.  However, since it was a recipe gone wrong it was impossible to recreate.  Lagunitas Sucks was an attempt to make something similar to Brown Sugga, I guess commenting on the feedback they received when they said they couldn't perfectly recreate the original.  They've reused the name Brown Sugga since then, but I don't think it's the same.

Well here's something from the memory bank! 

Brown Sugga (2017_07_18 13_09_01 UTC).JPG

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Morealice said:

Hey guys...headed to Durango in a couple weeks with 3-4 riding days. Overwhelming amount of trail there. 

What are “must rides”?  I’m assuming the 45min drive to Phil’s World is obligatory?

thanks in advance 

Make sure you hit Phil's World and ride Rib Cage. That alone is worth the trip.

I have never managed to ride much in Durango even though we have stopped and tried several times. It has always rained when we were there. We just moved on to the desert where it had not rained.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Morris said:

Want to ride tomorrow, any trail updates?

Sorry guys, I post on the twitter feed and Facebook page almost daily, so typically I don’t make my way here. 

Trails were very soft and not ready this afternoon. Tomorrow morning I’ll be heading out to check trail progress. Report will be posted before 7AM. 

I suspect things will mostly be g2g given the sun and temps today. 

Edited by GreenMTBrider

6 hours ago, Morealice said:

Hey guys...headed to Durango in a couple weeks with 3-4 riding days. Overwhelming amount of trail there. 

What are “must rides”?  I’m assuming the 45min drive to Phil’s World is obligatory?

thanks in advance 

I'm headed to Durango for a 5 day guided trip. We start out at Hermosa and ride some of the Colorado Trail. I'm headed up early and plan on Phil's World

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GreenMTBrider said:

Sorry guys, I post on the twitter feed and Facebook page almost daily, so typically I don’t make my way here. 

Trails were very soft and not ready this afternoon. Tomorrow morning I’ll be heading out to check trail progress. Report will be posted before 7AM. 

I suspect things will mostly be g2g given the sun and temps today. 

I also would like to ride in the morning. I find Twitter and FB offensive and violate my personal space. I would appreciate if you would please just leave a note with the trail report on my front door. Please don't ring the doorbell, as it might wake up the Beagles.

I know you'll be understanding and do the right thing.

Regards

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Yosmithy said:

I also would like to ride in the morning. I find Twitter and FB offensive and violate my personal space. I would appreciate if you would please just leave a note with the trail report on my front door. Please don't ring the doorbell, as it might wake up the Beagles.

I know you'll be understanding and do the right thing.

Regards

Yea, no problem. Remind me, which nursing home are you located? 

• Like 3

Just checked out Deception, it’s good to go with some tackiness on the east entrance. Picnic and Mulligan are good to go. Typical low spots that aren’t fully dry. 

Based on those trails’ condition, Rim, Snow White, Gnargasm and others should be g2g. Didn’t have time to check out Peddlers but if the sign is up it’s still closed. If it’s down I’d still use caution/common sense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GreenMTBrider said:

Just checked out Deception, it’s good to go with some tackiness on the east entrance. Picnic and Mulligan are good to go. Typical low spots that aren’t fully dry. 

Based on those trails’ condition, Rim, Snow White, Gnargasm and others should be g2g. Didn’t have time to check out Peddlers but if the sign is up it’s still closed. If it’s down I’d still use caution/common sense.

Snow White is good.

• Like 1

Went out this AM . Bailed on Picnic. Went to East entrance of 1/4 and bailed.
Rode over to Snow White and bailed. So rode the concrete instead.
Every trail left my tires caked but didnt exactly rut the trail but caked me up bad enough to have to turn around

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Cafeend said:

Every trail left my tires caked but didnt exactly rut the trail but caked me up bad enough to have to turn around

Thanks for the update! 

I rode 1/4 Notch last night. Everything was 99 percent good. Just a few spots that were soft here and there.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk