IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

13 minutes ago, First-Blood said:

I rode 1/4 Notch last night. Everything was 99 percent good. Just a few spots that were soft here and there.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That’s what she said

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Chief said:

We should probably start a beer thread or like MTBR what are you drinking right now thread. 

I’m currently enjoying a Boulevard Rye on Rye. 

Haha just did as I was thinking the same thing! It's in the General Chat forum. Felt guilty derailing the BC thread with all of this beer talk. 

Edited by throet
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Albert said:

I don't know if it hit Brushy, but here in Round Rock we just had a nice bit of heavy rain and some thunder...

Sun's shining now and radar seems to indicate that it is passing us to the east. Will soon find out though! 

3 hours ago, jcarneytx said:

They had some good beers, for sure. Once they moved over to Heineken, though, switched to others that were still 'craft.'

Damn you Jcarney...

your profile pic popped in my head as I slowed down in the mooseknuckle and wondered, “wonder what he’s doing here to hit these ....” and then i hit a tree coming up out of it...there’s your definitive answer...you’re going too slow. You got in my head jMFingcarney!!! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, throet said:

Went out thinking it was going to be a bit cooler than usual and it was .... until I got on the trail. Sweat was stinging the red,  tightened skin on my overheated face. I officially hate summer. 

WTF? What is wrong with me? I had a great ride, and thought it was perfect weather....I must be sick. I'm going to the ER, I apparently feel to good.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, throet said:

Went out thinking it was going to be a bit cooler than usual and it was .... until I got on the trail. Sweat was stinging the red,  tightened skin on my overheated face. I officially hate summer. 

Well now, that was a dumb thing to do... next time you get an idea like that, run the dishwasher and stick your head in during the drying cycle... you'll get the same reminder, without the wasted time of gearing up and trying to ride.

Humidity is just too high for me this year.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, gotdurt said:

Well now, that was a dumb thing to do... next time you get an idea like that, run the dishwasher and stick your head in during the drying cycle... you'll get the same reminder, without the wasted time of gearing up and trying to ride.

Humidity is just too high for me this year.

Man I’ve just taken a f*** it attitude this year and been riding anyway. I’ll ride a bit slower and definitely re-water at YMCA but still doing about 3 hrs per ride. Until I can move in 7 years I’m tired of being at the mercy of this Texas summer weather. I prefer the 6pm-9pm window over the morning, but if I wanna ride regularly, then sometimes I gotta suck it up and ride in the shitty morning humidity. But getting a bike I absolutely love riding has changed everything for me. I think riding that slow ass, energy sapping Devinci for three years was a great thing perspective wise. 

• Like 4

Trails trails morning are very soft due to the down pour we received late yesterday. I check Deception, Picnic and Peddlers. Decent amount of standing water remains, muddy low spots and lots of tire caking. 

Also noted a lot of damage from riders yesterday, so that’s cool. 

• Sad 1

Man I’ve just taken a f*** it attitude this year and been riding anyway. I’ll ride a bit slower and definitely re-water at YMCA but still doing about 3 hrs per ride. Until I can move in 7 years I’m tired of being at the mercy of this Texas summer weather. I prefer the 6pm-9pm window over the morning, but if I wanna ride regularly, then sometimes I gotta suck it up and ride in the shitty morning humidity. But getting a bike I absolutely love riding has changed everything for me. I think riding that slow ass, energy sapping Devinci for three years was a great thing perspective wise. 
Spending the rest of the week in El Paso, so I'll be trading the humidity for Altitude. Pretty sure I won't miss the humidity....at all!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Just got back from riding and Peddlers seemed fine with no caking just softness where the rollers were. First time riding the Suburban Ninja stuff and it was a great way to ride to Brushy definitely doing it more to start off my rides. Be careful lot of people traffic for the holiday festivities. 

• Like 2

Hoping to hear Peddlers is going to be ridable by the late afternoon so I can take my kids there. We rode yesterday before the rains came and they had the time of their lives. My youngest (6) said it was the most fun he ever had. I think Peddlers pass is what hooks my kids on mountain biking. 

• Like 4

Hoping to hear Peddlers is going to be ridable by the late afternoon so I can take my kids there. We rode yesterday before the rains came and they had the time of their lives. My youngest (6) said it was the most fun he ever had. I think Peddlers pass is what hooks my kids on mountain biking. 
Love hearing this.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 2