IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

1 hour ago, First-Blood said:

Love hearing this.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I’ve been using Peddlers pass as a way to build up my peddling strength and riding stamina. I’ve come to love that trail as an intermediate rider. The faster you go, the more fun it gets. 

But it wasn’t until I took my kids on this trail that I truly saw the beauty of it. It’s like the perfect gateway drug into mountain biking. Easy enough to do slowly, with a few minor “technical” sections that challenge beginners, and features that build skills. My 9 year old ran it for his 3rd time today and since I’m helping the 6 year old out, I told the older one to go ahead and run the trail without waiting up for us. He said he had 2 moments where he almost fell, but was able to just step off the pedals. Other than water breaks he said he was able to run the whole thing without walking his bike. They want to ride peddlers pass every day now. 

EAD451DF-B255-4CD2-8CA5-A3D75A3B1532.jpeg

• Like 20

51 minutes ago, Yosmithy said:

Ok, after thorough testing in El Paso, I've concluded that humidity sucks far more than altitude, but that El Paso still sucks.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Temps early this morning were cool but daaayammmn that humidity was THICK. It was hard to keep my F it attitude and still ride, but I did. Glad I rode. Got three hours before the kids were really even up. 

This guy flies past me going up the dam by avery ranch lake (whatever it’s called) and he’s like 50s all geared up with pads n stuff not holding onto the handlebars...real casually fast, real fit looking. I let him go, but then he slows down at the end of the dam by the lake park and asks if there are any real mountain bike trails around. He tells me he’s moving here in a few weeks from Albuquerque and that he will miss “real mountain bike trails” and elevation wants to see what he’s in for...I tell him to follow me and I hit Peddlers, did 3/4 of that then onto Mulligan (where he struggled) and Picnic. He was wigged out by Basket but rode it really well. I waited on him a few times. Then after Big Ravine in the back of Picnic, I waited a bit then decided to peel out. Hope he can adapt to these fake trails. Teehee. 

Edited by Morealice
BcB
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Yosmithy said:

Ok, after thorough testing in El Paso, I've concluded that humidity sucks far more than altitude, but that El Paso still sucks.
Also, this was basically a new tire when I started.
1f4fad52de3c9721aa2ab4da5805765a.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Maybe you could sell it as a stone washed tire. 😂

• Haha 1

So I got to ride all of Deception for first time in awhile. It really needs a good haircut. I'll try and do bits here and there when I can. But if anyone feels froggy and wants to help just take a pair of loppers or hand saw and have at it. I know there is semi downed tree on the beginning of Double Down. I'll get that done soon.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I've riding almost daily at BC. Rode this evening and was pretty surprised at the amount of loose rocks in the trail. It was as if someone placed hundreds of rocks on the trails.
I know it's because of the weather being drier and the ground somehow births rocks and rocks come loose but damn there are tons of rockage.
And the weather was amazing

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cafeend said:

I've riding almost daily at BC. Rode this evening and was pretty surprised at the amount of loose rocks in the trail. It was as if someone placed hundreds of rocks on the trails.
I know it's because of the weather being drier and the ground somehow births rocks and rocks come loose but damn there are tons of rockage.

Yessss. That autumn-like cool edge to the air. I’m sure tomorrow will be right back to blast furnace. But it was oh so delicious tonight. 

I just went to CO for 10 days. Rode Durango, Salida, Boulder, and Lake Pueblo. Played a lot of disc golf. It was ONE HUNDRED degrees in Denver. I played disc and never had to towel off my hand from copious sweating, used one water bottle as opposed to killing 2 32oz bottles in a round, and shirt was barely damp in the center. 10% humidity

This humidity thing is REAL. 

• Like 1

Do y'all find 1/4 notch easier to ride from W-E or E-W.  Previously, I had heard E-W but with this route I feel like I am climbing the hill slowly the whole ride.  From W-E, it seems like you would be mainly starting at the top of hill and working your way down, which sound "easier"  Thoughts?

11 hours ago, Cafeend said:

My ride Monday morning was good. On PP the new berm work is eroding, and the berm skeletons are showing -- half of the dirt we put on them is gone with the underlying rock coming through. Many turns are turning to powder on the outside half.

14 minutes ago, ahornsfan said:

Do y'all find 1/4 notch easier to ride from W-E or E-W.  Previously, I had heard E-W but with this route I feel like I am climbing the hill slowly the whole ride.  From W-E, it seems like you would be mainly starting at the top of hill and working your way down, which sound "easier"  Thoughts?

I prefer to ride it from West to East, or in other words starting from the bailout climb. I keep up more momentum in this direction, but I do run in to a lot of people going the "normal" way and I always hope I don't piss them off.

25 minutes ago, tomreece said:

I prefer to ride it from West to East, or in other words starting from the bailout climb. I keep up more momentum in this direction, but I do run in to a lot of people going the "normal" way and I always hope I don't piss them off.

Same with me, I usually start out with the bailout climb and then ride West to East.  Flows pretty well and I'm not slowed down as much by technical elements.  I usually hit this towards the end of my ride with 15 or 20+ miles already under my belt.  I run into people going both directions, and much of the trail is open so it's easy to see other people.  Just have to be careful going around some blind corners at speed.

..Al

47 minutes ago, ahornsfan said:

I can tell you unequivocally, W-E is easier. i always felt that way, but was validated when I was helping with some trail stuff one saturday morning (putting the signs in  in the ground) with a few of the builders and others. I was jabbing with Rugger and I told him that  I preferred riding it W-E. He laughed at me and said "Yeah, cuz it's way easier that way". It is more downhill (= more fun), for sure. Plus I like climbing Spongebob, or trying to clean it, at least.

3 minutes ago, McRibs said:

Plus I like climbing Spongebob, or trying to clean it, at least.

Next time I'm out there I need to try shooting straight Spongebob in this direction, as opposed to taking the cheater line through the trees on the right.

..Al

For sure West to East. For me it is the uninterrupted flow which equals more fun and alot quicker. I go up the bailout and then straight. I would not worry about pissing anyone off who comes the E to W way.. that trail is meant to be both ways.

46 minutes ago, Albert said:

Next time I'm out there I need to try shooting straight Spongebob in this direction, as opposed to taking the cheater line through the trees on the right.

..Al

I'm trying to overcome this obstacle too. I just can't go fast enough to get up it.

My ride Monday morning was good. On PP the new berm work is eroding, and the berm skeletons are showing -- half of the dirt we put on them is gone with the underlying rock coming through. Many turns are turning to powder on the outside half.
Yea the rocks are real noticeable on PP as well.
I rode Suburban Ninja and couple laps around Candyland/Gnargasm this AM.
Crazy nice. Since SN has been trimmed and marked it is sweet as always. Still got turned around though