IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

First time I'd ever been to that ditch, some younger guy/kid was about to go down that first lip, with some friends waiting for him. I didn't see what exactly happened, but the green slime gave me a clue. All I heard was crash/thud/Uhnghhh!!! Nope, not going down there.

32 minutes ago, jcarneytx said:

First time I'd ever been to that ditch, some younger guy/kid was about to go down that first lip, with some friends waiting for him. I didn't see what exactly happened, but the green slime gave me a clue. All I heard was crash/thud/Uhnghhh!!! Nope, not going down there.

Lol @ Uhnghhh!!!

25 minutes ago, radiantm3 said:

Dave’s Ditch was mostly dry today! At least the top part was. Rode it all for the first time and enjoyed the views and experience. 

Also saw paramedics taking away another rider on Peddler’s pass this morning. Hopefully nothing serious. 

I saw one of the utility mules taking a bike out of the trail wonder of it's the same incident? I saw it by the picnic x entrance/bailout.

Just now, Chief said:

I saw one of the utility mules taking a bike out of the trail wonder of it's the same incident? I saw it by the picnic x entrance/bailout.

It was around 8:20-30am for me. Fire truck and paramedics were in the parking lot on the opposite side of the skate park near peddlers pass so I assumed it happened on that side. 

This morning I went out to DD to take some pictures, and saw the glob of epoxy left behind from the previous rock placement. What a mess, but no new rocks that I found.

I also hiked up the entirety of DD to the chain link fence; the natural creek way was wet all the way up, with a small trickle coming from yet further up. But "further up" means due south from this point where the retention areas are.

BTW, this is the driest I've seen DD since March but it still has a wet center; it's just not flowing very much.

• Like 2

Just an FYI, literally right above the big waterfall is where the county property line ends, despite where the fence is. I know it looks like the county property goes much further than the existing trail, but to the east and south, we are already pretty much on the boundary. The west we have some wiggle room, however, the superintendent wanted it closed to "protect artifacts". I would like to challenge this with the new parks director. The digging has continued since it was closed an fenced.

We (Josh, me, and ARR) are going to try to get access back to the old trail (with modification) that goes up and around the ditch and comes down directly across from the existing line at the bottom of the ditch - bringing back the loop. Wilco has a new Parks director, he's a MTBer, so we are going to pitch a few plans to get some trail back as well as introduce some new trail as well. 

No promises, wish us luck.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, rugger said:

Just an FYI, literally right above the big waterfall is where the county property line ends, despite where the fence is. I know it looks like the county property goes much further than the existing trail, but to the east and south, we are already pretty much on the boundary. The west we have some wiggle room, however, the superintendent wanted it closed to "protect artifacts". I would like to challenge this with the new parks director. The digging has continued since it was closed an fenced.

We (Josh, me, and ARR) are going to try to get access back to the old trail (with modification) that goes up and around the ditch and comes down directly across from the existing line at the bottom of the ditch - bringing back the loop. Wilco has a new Parks director, he's a MTBer, so we are going to pitch a few plans to get some trail back as well as introduce some new trail as well. 

Very cool. I appreciate all y’all do. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, rugger said:

This sounds great, would love to see that trail make a return!  Good luck!

4 hours ago, rugger said:

Just an FYI, literally right above the big waterfall is where the county property line ends, despite where the fence is. I know it looks like the county property goes much further than the existing trail, but to the east and south, we are already pretty much on the boundary.

Thanks, that's good to know. I hope the new director can make the changes.

On 8/3/2019 at 2:46 PM, radiantm3 said:

It was around 8:20-30am for me. Fire truck and paramedics were in the parking lot on the opposite side of the skate park near peddlers pass so I assumed it happened on that side. 

So found out it was a good friend of mines neighbor that the paramedics were taking away. He broke his ankle when he missed a Turn after a bridge, but that wasn't the worst of it. The next day he threw a blood clot that ended up being a pulmonary embolism and was back in the ER! He seems to be okay now though.

• Sad 3

16 hours ago, 4fun said:

So found out it was a good friend of mines neighbor that the paramedics were taking away. He broke his ankle when he missed a Turn after a bridge, but that wasn't the worst of it. The next day he threw a blood clot that ended up being a pulmonary embolism and was back in the ER! He seems to be okay now though.

damn, that doesn't sound fun at all

I don't know the best way to describe this spot.  If you're heading east from the toll, just before you get to an up ramp with a rail on the BCRT, right around the 0.75 mile marker.  You can stay to the right and it drops down and immediately back up into a small single track that will take you up to the "end" of double down. 

Anyway, the section where it drops down into the creek bed and goes immediately back up had a huge pile of sticks at the bottom.  Considering that section has been dry for over a month, I assume it was some asshole trying to send someone OTB, so I threw them all back into the woods.  It wasn't enough to really do much (about as much as the pile of stick you bunnyhop at the east entrance of picnic), but it certainly caught me off guard coming the opposite way.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kobra Kai MTB Guy said:

I don't know the best way to describe this spot.  If you're heading east from the toll, just before you get to an up ramp with a rail on the BCRT, right around the 0.75 mile marker.  You can stay to the right and it drops down and immediately back up into a small single track that will take you up to the "end" of double down. 

Anyway, the section where it drops down into the creek bed and goes immediately back up had a huge pile of sticks at the bottom.  Considering that section has been dry for over a month, I assume it was some asshole trying to send someone OTB, so I threw them all back into the woods.  It wasn't enough to really do much (about as much as the pile of stick you bunnyhop at the east entrance of picnic), but it certainly caught me off guard coming the opposite way.

Thank you for clearing those out. that's a bad place especially when heading west and catching a bit of air going down into that creek bed.  Major dick move by the person that put them there.

27 minutes ago, Kobra Kai MTB Guy said:

Thanks for clearing this out.  I love going through that little section coming from E-W.  Those sticks could have definitely caused me to crash.

Ride that little off-shoot with caution like everything else, but especially a blind drop like that.

It is a dick move, but that little off shoot is not part of the "official" trail. Imagine if there was someone riding through at the moment you are bombing down - there is no sight line for either of you and no time to adjust. I'm not trying to harsh on your stoke, just saying, like everything else in MTB it's all a somewhat calculated risk. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rugger said:

Ride that little off-shoot with caution like everything else, but especially a blind drop like that.

It is a dick move, but that little off shoot is not part of the "official" trail. Imagine if there was someone riding through at the moment you are bombing down - there is no sight line for either of you and no time to adjust. I'm not trying to harsh on your stoke, just saying, like everything else in MTB it's all a somewhat calculated risk. 

You are 110% right. It is a vague notion in my head for sure and risky. But damn its fun. 

• Like 2