IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

I was heading into that spot E->W a while back and there was a little girl playing in the ditch... I grabbed a couple fists full of brake and was barley able to stop in time. Her parent was on the west side walking on the concrete path. We made “eye contact” and both of them realized how bad an idea it was to be in that ditch.

I was heading into that spot E->W a while back and there was a little girl playing in the ditch... I grabbed a couple fists full of brake and was barley able to stop in time. Her parent was on the west side walking on the concrete path. We made “eye contact” and both of them realized how bad an idea it was to be in that ditch.
O man. That's a nightmare scenario

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Kobra Kai MTB Guy said:

Considering that section has been dry for over a month, I assume it was some asshole trying to send someone OTB, so I threw them all back into the woods.

This seems to becoming a regular thing. Can't say I remember hearing so much about people setting bobby trap type things on trails in the past years. These days it seems to be a frequent occurance.

Any official way of dealing with this. To me, it's tantamount to someone sticking something through your spokes as you ride by. Almost like an assault on the rider, and should carry criminal penalties if caught and found guilty.

And unfortunately, I think it's only going to get worse.

Edited by RidingAgain

5 hours ago, chuckt said:

That look in their eye was actually them planning where they're going to throw sticks on the trail.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Albert said:

Wow, that is super sexy!  Can't wait to see these installed!

Thanks. The signs are going to look so good. Hopefully, I'll have the "Test Mule" finished today and I can post some pictures. I've been trying different techniques for painting the letters, the picture doesn't do it justice.

Sign 4.jpg

Edited by HoneyBadger
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, HoneyBadger said:

Thanks. The signs are going to look so good. Hopefully, I'll have the "Test Mule" finished today and I can post some pictures. 

By the time I get back to riding I'll need some directional signs. Also, are training wheels allowed on PP? 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, HoneyBadger said:

Thanks. The signs are going to look so good. Hopefully, I'll have the "Test Mule" finished today and I can post some pictures. I've been trying different techniques for painting the letters, the picture doesn't do it justice.

Sign 4.jpg

This looked great before the paint. Even better now. Great work and keep it up!

22 minutes ago, HoneyBadger said:

Thanks. The signs are going to look so good. Hopefully, I'll have the "Test Mule" finished today and I can post some pictures. I've been trying different techniques for painting the letters, the picture doesn't do it justice

Very cool!  How many of these posts will be out there?

..Al

That looks great especially from the second "d" in "Peddlers" on.  Good thing about wood is that you can probably sand things down if you don't like the results.  I always wondered if there should be an apostrophe before the 's' in "Peddlers" to make it possessive.  It's easy to add one but probably a pain to remove it.

Just now, Tree Magnet said:

I always wondered if there should be an apostrophe before the 's' in "Peddlers" to make it possessive.  It's easy to add one but probably a pain to remove it.

I've always written it as "Peddler's Pass", but I have no idea what is actually correct.  I'm sure I'm about to learn!

1 minute ago, Albert said:

Very cool!  How many of these posts will be out there?

..Al

Probably 6, i haven't decided yet. They will be, at the start/finish, where the trail crosses the concrete sidewalk, a few under Parmer, and one at the drop by the creek close to the end of the trail. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tree Magnet said:

4 minutes ago, Tree Magnet said:

That looks great especially from the second "d" in "Peddlers" on.  Good thing about wood is that you can probably sand things down if you don't like the results.  I always wondered if there should be an apostrophe before the 's' in "Peddlers" to make it possessive.  It's easy to add one but probably a pain to remove it.

The two "D's" were done different ways to see which looks best after sanding the face of the sign. I never used the apostrophe because it does not look as good on signs etc imo.

Sign 5.jpg

Edited by HoneyBadger

25 minutes ago, olddbrider said:

Is there a story behind this name?  Just curious...

AJ build some trail East of Parmer about 6 years ago. He got busy and it became overgrown and people stopped using it. About three years ago my kids wanted to ride with me but there was nowhere suitable at Brushy. I remembered there was trail over there and cleared a little out so my kids could ride it. I called it Carcass Cafe. I later found out AJ was the one that originally built in that area so I changed the name to Peddlers Pass in homage to the OG builder with a play off the name of his bike shop, The Peddler.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, HoneyBadger said:

AJ build some trail East of Parmer about 6 years ago. He got busy and it became overgrown and people stopped using it. About three years ago my kids wanted to ride with me but there was nowhere suitable at Brushy. I remembered there was trail over there and cleared a little out so my kids could ride it. I called it Carcass Cafe. I later found out AJ was the one that originally built in that area so I changed the name to Peddlers Pass in homage to the OG builder with a play off the name of his bike shop, The Peddler.  

I am so thankful for you getting that going again!  That trail got me into MTB!

• Like 2