IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

On 8/9/2019 at 11:16 AM, HoneyBadger said:

AJ build some trail East of Parmer about 6 years ago. He got busy and it became overgrown and people stopped using it. About three years ago my kids wanted to ride with me but there was nowhere suitable at Brushy. I remembered there was trail over there and cleared a little out so my kids could ride it. I called it Carcass Cafe. I later found out AJ was the one that originally built in that area so I changed the name to Peddlers Pass in homage to the OG builder with a play off the name of his bike shop, The Peddler.  

Ah, that makes sense - especially since the shop used to be right near there... 

Actually, when I skied I never bothered with snowboards. Basically I only had short trips, 3-4 days on the slope. To get good I would probably need to spend a week with lessons and then getting the hang of the thing. That would be 2 years of wasted vacations. 

A single speed, on the other hand, is much easier to learn. And it will make you a better overall rider.

9 minutes ago, RidingAgain said:

Someone said they spoke with an animal control officer at the park and was told that off-leash was fine on trails other than concrete.

I really hope it is not true.  I am TERRIFIED of dogs and greatly prefer them to be onleash.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ahornsfan said:

I really hope it is not true.  I am TERRIFIED of dogs and greatly prefer them to be onleash.  

I can definitely relate to this fear! I love dogs but I was bit by one when I was younger and had to get some stitches. That fear sticks with me. On Picnic, I keep running into a fella walking with a big German Shepard off leash. So far he seems friendly though.

23 hours ago, RidingAgain said:

Someone said they spoke with an animal control officer at the park and was told that off-leash was fine on trails other than concrete.

I hear stuff like this all the time. The person with the off-leash dog always has a "reason". Allowed off the concrete. Allowed on Tuesdays. Allowed when its raining. Allowed when followed by a lady wearing a red sweater...  I call BS on all such excuses.

Of course calling BS does not change what they are doing but it does piss them off. And me causing a stink does not help either. I think we are better off to just say nice things and move along.