IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

So, I'm currently up in the PNW for the next couple of weeks, and of course it's been raining off and on for the last few days. I was out running errands today when parked next to a car with two MTB's mounted on the back, just covered in fresh mud. Later on, when I got back to my car, the riders of those muddy ass MTB's were standing there admiring their handy work. Of course the riders were just as covered with mud as the bikes were. I asked them how their ride went (and of course where), and they just laughed back, that they were happy to get a ride in between rain showers. I mentioned that it looked like it was wet, and one just said "yeah, just the usual".

Oh yeah, They were riding in the "Capital Forest" just outside of Olympia. ( I saw a handful of trails on MTBproject for the area)

Just think of the public lynching if I told this story back home 🙂

I've started working on the area between the detention pond and Brushy Creek Road on the East side. It was kinda boring imo. The roller/dips/berms (see pics) will add more fun and the trail will align better with the left turn up the hill towards Brushy Creek Road so you'll be able to carry more speed to get up the hill. In the pics the trail looks close to the chain link fence, once the bench cut is done it will be a few feet further away from it.

Exit Alignment.png

Long dip.png

New alignment.png

By Brushy Creek Road.png

• Like 8

42 minutes ago, 4fun said:

get tangled up

Did he get himself untangled, or did you have to help?

I had a squirrel run through my front wheel back in the 90's. He ran in from the right side, made it through about 90 degrees and was flipped into the air to the left and he ran off.

3 hours ago, brentb said:

Did he get himself untangled, or did you have to help?

I had a squirrel run through my front wheel back in the 90's. He ran in from the right side, made it through about 90 degrees and was flipped into the air to the left and he ran off.

He got himself untangle and then ran straight into my leg, causing me to set a new world vertical jump record! The initial blow felt like someone threw a large diameter log at my wheel and nearly knocked me off the bike.

Edited by 4fun
  • Like 1