IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

4 minutes ago, 4fun said:

Finally rode SN for the first time in well over a year! Awesome work!! That new machine built stuff by the fire house is going to be awesome when it gets rode in a little better! 

by what fire house? The only machine stuff i know there is the pup track right when you drop in from parking lot. right? or no?

2 minutes ago, McRibs said:

by what fire house? The only machine stuff i know there is the pup track right when you drop in from parking lot. right? or no?

I ran across another section as I was just wondering around out there! Not sure exactly were it's at but ended up riding up it and at the top it was near a fire house and church. Big berms and jumps! Bigger than when you drop in at peddler.

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, 4fun said:

I ran across another section as I was just wondering around out there! Not sure exactly were it's at but ended up riding up it and at the top it was near a fire house and church. Big berms and jumps! Bigger than when you drop in at peddler.

Wait what? I need to know where this is. 😮

Just now, radiantm3 said:

Wait what? I need to know where this is. 😮

oh shit! that is Dale's stuff he was building. he is back from whistler so he is prolly working on it. Supposed to have a drop zone and tie into Suburban Ninja. did not know it had been done. that is the fire station in Ranch at Brushy Creek and the trails are built on the church's land with its blessing (pun intended). Maybe I go check it out today!

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, McRibs said:

oh shit! that is Dale's stuff he was building. he is back from whistler so he is prolly working on it. Supposed to have a drop zone and tie into Suburban Ninja. did not know it had been done. that is the fire station in Ranch at Brushy Creek and the trails are built on the church's land with its blessing (pun intended). Maybe I go check it out today!

Wow.  I did not know this was going to hit the forums yet.  Yes, we cut in some trail before we went to Whistler for the summer.  The trails are still rough and need work so if you ride, ride appropriately.  Christ Church gave us (FR512) permission to build on their land and we will be adding much more (when it gets cooler - still haven't acclimated back to TX heat).  In the meantime, if you ride there, please be respectful, don't ride/park in the parking lot.  Enter either from Suburban Ninja or by the fire station.  Having trails there is new for them and we want this to be a positive experience for them.  We're still figuring out logistics.  As it grows and we get more features in, we will be doing skills clinics and possibly Wednesday Night Rides with the Peddler.  We have already had machines out there, but we would like to do much more.  If there's interest, we will set up a Go Fund Me to accelerate our building and perhaps organize some dig days if anyone wants to pitch in and help.  There is a lot of potential out there and we're excited to have progressive park-type trails so close to BC.  BIG THANKS to Christ Church for making this available.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, olddbrider said:

Never mind, I retract the question...  I've never seen this thread go silent for 4 days.

Ha!  No worries at all.  The intent is that the trails will be open to the public - some of them are just not ready for prime time.  Also, I'm not sure I can adequately explain how to ride over there.  Currently, if you're dropping in from the Peddler to SN, right after you cross the second ladder bridge (the one by where the fence stops) you pull off the trail where the fence stops and take the new single track to the left.  From there, it's a mix of jeep road and single track that winds toward the church.  There is a map posted at the Peddler, but I'm not sure it includes the new stuff.  The trails coming from SN are very new and a bit rough, so riders are welcome to help bed it in.  As mentioned earlier, we're in the early phases, so we will be adding more and more features.  As to the trails at the church, just keep in mind that they are a work in progress and need refinement, so ride with caution - however, more tires on the dirt will help pack it in and get running better faster.  As Cafeend said, this will likely take a bit of searching, but once you put it together, it's pretty easy to figure out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I agree that finding new stuff organically is fun, but I also know that exploring numerous "dead ends" is a good way to waste my already-limited riding time.

I'm fairly familiar with SN, so I think I know where El Gringo is talking about.  Next time I'm out there - which, thanks to my dropper kicking the bucket might be a while - I'll take a look.  I'd much rather ride there from SN than mess with trying to park somewhere near the church or fire station since it seems like that is frowned upon.  Looking forward to checking this stuff out!

OK, it's definitely not the temp drops that caused the quiet days.  Happy 1st day of fall y'all!  Enjoy those pumpkin spiced lattes (iced?)
image.png.b26be1df152628c9f4d55b2688ead4f0.png
Well at it is forecasted to be cooler than yesterday.
We were in Scottsdale over the weekend and it was more pleasant in AZ than here

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

21 hours ago, El Gringo said:

Ha!  No worries at all.  The intent is that the trails will be open to the public - some of them are just not ready for prime time.  Also, I'm not sure I can adequately explain how to ride over there.  Currently, if you're dropping in from the Peddler to SN, right after you cross the second ladder bridge (the one by where the fence stops) you pull off the trail where the fence stops and take the new single track to the left.  From there, it's a mix of jeep road and single track that winds toward the church.  There is a map posted at the Peddler, but I'm not sure it includes the new stuff.  The trails coming from SN are very new and a bit rough, so riders are welcome to help bed it in.  As mentioned earlier, we're in the early phases, so we will be adding more and more features.  As to the trails at the church, just keep in mind that they are a work in progress and need refinement, so ride with caution - however, more tires on the dirt will help pack it in and get running better faster.  As Cafeend said, this will likely take a bit of searching, but once you put it together, it's pretty easy to figure out.

Rode SN to the new stuff last night and it's going to be awesome.  Such a big canvas to work with including some really cool natural features.  Should make for some incredible trails but the dirt seems like a challenge with all the rocks.  Nothing new for Gringo and crew so I'm sure they have a plan.  If you guys need any help out there, don't hesitate to make a work call.

• Like 3

Rode SN to the new stuff last night and it's going to be awesome.  Such a big canvas to work with including some really cool natural features.  Should make for some incredible trails but the dirt seems like a challenge with all the rocks.  Nothing new for Gringo and crew so I'm sure they have a plan.  If you guys need any help out there, don't hesitate to make a work call.

?

Comment Removed

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Yosmithy said:

Finally got out to ride this week, and the trails were super dusty.

Can someone get out and take care of that before the weekend?

Note taken. No longer seek tree out of view of pedestrians, pee directly on the trail!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2