IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

On 9/24/2019 at 11:31 AM, Tree Magnet said:

Rode SN to the new stuff last night and it's going to be awesome.  Such a big canvas to work with including some really cool natural features.  Should make for some incredible trails but the dirt seems like a challenge with all the rocks.  Nothing new for Gringo and crew so I'm sure they have a plan.  If you guys need any help out there, don't hesitate to make a work call.

We rode this last night, and blown away with what's already out there that I didn't realize.

Then looking at our route on Strava this morning, it's even more amazing how much real estate is sitting there waiting!

Love living in Cedar Park, more and more everyday 🙂

• Like 3

Appears we had a shower pass thru earlier this morning. Ground near 1/4 Notch is soft. I’m going to eat breakfast then head out to scope things out.

*Update* Sloped areas that drain well are fine, but flat sections are very soft resulting in mud caking on tires. Rocks are also slick. If rain holds back then this afternoon should be good. 

Edited by GreenMTBrider

Ya know, I was just thinking of better/efficient ways for you to deliver these reports (after all, I'm and ideas man). 

I would consider allowing doorstep delivery, of course both morning and afternoon. For a more personal note, you could include a couple of Taco Deli breakfast tacos?

Just don't ring the doorbell, you wouldn't want to wake the Beagles.

Let's go ahead and give it a try and see how it goes.

Went to ride this AM and it was just sprinkling. I know not enough rain to make the trails mushy but at that time I was there I know from experience that no way in hell I'd ride wet rock.

Sooooooo.... went to Peddlers instead and rode SN again. That new stuff in there is rolling sweetness. Found a third way into the new section. This includes some fast sections headed back to shop area on the new trails. Not technical and not rocky but big rolling fun.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cafeend said:

Sooooooo.... went to Peddlers instead and rode SN again. That new stuff in there is rolling sweetness. Found a third way into the new section. This includes some fast sections headed back to shop area on the new trails. Not technical and not rocky but big rolling fun.

Can't wait to tie in a loop that includes all the new stuff.

Edited by Yosmithy

Can't wait to tie in a loop that includes all the new stuff.
Yea dude.. from what we did friday there is another part I didn't show you. Let's plan for a ride this week? We can ez turn it into a nice spin with some hearty miles.
And yea.. excited to do that night ride out there

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My wife and I were working on the jump line yesterday. We buffed-out and de-rocked the berms, built-up the step down and shaped the lips on the 1st and 2d jumps at the bottom. Did several runs and, while they can be cleared, speed is an issue. We're going to make the transition on the step-down steeper and as the trails gets ridden in, it should get faster. However, we're not working with the best dirt. As such, we're considering installing wood lips, similar to what we've done at Rocky Hill.

Question: This line was intended to be lower intermediate level. I don't want to out anyone, but for you riders out there who are not currently skilled at jumping: Would wood lips intimidate you from riding the line, even if they are rollable (i.e., a dirt table right up to the end of the lip)?

9 minutes ago, El Gringo said:

.Question: This line was intended to be lower intermediate level. I don't want to out anyone, but for you riders out there who are not currently skilled at jumping: Would wood lips intimidate you from riding the line, even if they are rollable (i.e., a dirt table right up to the end of the lip)?

Not at all

11 minutes ago, El Gringo said:

Question: This line was intended to be lower intermediate level. I don't want to out anyone, but for you riders out there who are not currently skilled at jumping: Would wood lips intimidate you from riding the line, even if they are rollable (i.e., a dirt table right up to the end of the lip)?

Would totally work for my pay grade

1 hour ago, El Gringo said:

My wife and I were working on the jump line yesterday. We buffed-out and de-rocked the berms, built-up the step down and shaped the lips on the 1st and 2d jumps at the bottom. Did several runs and, while they can be cleared, speed is an issue. We're going to make the transition on the step-down steeper and as the trails gets ridden in, it should get faster. However, we're not working with the best dirt. As such, we're considering installing wood lips, similar to what we've done at Rocky Hill.

As long as you keep it rollable with no gaps, the lip material shouldn't matter.  I think that it helps that there are other big features before the jumps so it doesn't look so intimidating.  Super stoked to see those lines going in.  If the church has an e-mail or something that we can send some 'thank you' notes to, let us know.  Maybe we can donate a few lost souls or virgins or whatever they trade in now a days.

11 minutes ago, Tree Magnet said:

As long as you keep it rollable with no gaps, the lip material shouldn't matter.  

+1 here.  For me as a jump n00b, gaps (even tiny ones) are what's intimidating. If I have a flat table to to land on that's what keeps it beginner for me.  In fact, my first time having pump track actually click for me was at The Lumberyard in Portland.  It's all wood, and I didn't clear any jumps (landed on the table) but made it without having to pedal which was so addictive.

• Like 1