IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

The Ditch has had water flowing into it since they started the construction on the subdivision above it. I remember being able to ride up the ditch until they started building. I've been on my ass a couple of times just trying to walk it with my dogs.

45 minutes ago, RegisteredUser said:

This is shaping up to be like the Top Gear episode where they are trying to find the source of the Nile.

HA! yea. Old school TG was pretty cool. Even the version on the History Channel was cool , but this new skool TG blows

45 minutes ago, Chief said:

The Ditch has had water flowing into it since they started the construction on the subdivision above it. I remember being able to ride up the ditch until they started building. I've been on my ass a couple of times just trying to walk it with my dogs.

Yea but this is more than ever. It is a good amount of water flowing. 

Just now, TheX said:

How much harder is Double Down than 1/4 Notch? 

Oh yeah, rode Peddlers for the first time today, nicely done!

It's funny you ask.

I rode the first part of DD last night for the first time in a long while, and it actually flows so much better then I remember. Of course there's still the ridiculous parts.

I started at the bailout and headed west. Even though it was oppressive hot last night, I still have a smile for most of what I rode. you can always bail out at the end of Picnic X, and ride that back, or head up over EBD,  and connect straight over to the connector to Rim job.

You'll likey, or I'll give you your money back

• Like 1

DD has extended (at least for Texas) climbs, some techy and then there are the obstacles, step ups, step downs.  Some pretty big.  It's still fun if you have to push your bike up some of these or walk down some of these.  I usually session several of these obstacles every time I go.  

DD also has more tree shade than 1/4 notch.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TheX said:

Today was only my second time on 1/4 Notch, fist time by myself. It just wasn't *fun*. Maybe after I get used to it.

1/4 notch for me is just a lot of work.  Off all the trails, it just exhausts me fast.  Just in and out of those two creek beds.  I would note it really feels different depending on which way you ride either WtoE or EtoW

My wife and I were working on the jump line yesterday.

Gringo - we need a name for all this new trail you and your crew (Mrs.) are putting in out there. I don’t think of it as SN and it’s not really part of the clover leaf looking loops by Peddlers. Maybe some sort of nautical theme thanks to the sweet boat? You don’t have to name every feature (despite the precedent) but we need a name to call the general area so we can talk about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, Tree Magnet said:

Maybe some sort of nautical theme thanks to the sweet boat? You don’t have to name every feature (despite the precedent) but we need a name to call the general area so we can talk about it.

Gringo gets to pick, but I like brainstorming

boatyard / high ground / the marina

• Like 1

Between the two, 1/4 Notch is more fun for me, particular when riding it west to east, which I feel flows better.  I only have to dismount once going up SpongeBob.  Next time I'm out there I'm going to see if I can charge up that, though.  If it's hot and the sun is overhead, it can be tedious as there's very little shade, so I prefer to ride when it's a bit cooler (such as in the morning). 

Double Down is still fun, but it's more tedious and I have to get off my bike multiple times to walk some of the larger ledges (such as EBD).  While it is mostly shaded, hardly any wind flows through it so it is even more oppressive when it's hot.  I don't ride this too often any more, especially with so much other trail where I can still get 20+ miles in pretty easily without repeating too much.

..Al

39 minutes ago, TheX said:

Today was only my second time on 1/4 Notch, fist time by myself. It just wasn't *fun*. Maybe after I get used to it.

I used to detest it, Then I switched directions and liked it, I have ridden it literally 100 and hundreds of times over the years. It is an ever evolving trail that is quite literally different every week due to wear and tear and weather

DD the way YoSmithy said to go is a blast. I dont care if I have to dab or walk over some of the challenges. If you want to go out and explore let me know. There is a ton of trails each with its own style and personality and you can now easily link over to SN trails

19 minutes ago, Albert said:

I only have to dismount once going up SpongeBob.  Next time I'm out there I'm going to see if I can charge up that, though.

I ride 1/4 notch backwards (W to E) 90% of the time. I just recently learned how to make it up SpongeBob. Almost every obstacle that has been difficult for me only required more momentum.

Higher gear, stay left, maintain momentum. Easy peasy!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Cafeend said:

Gilligan's Playland

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I'm thinking something more 'modern' for people born after 1980.  I love my Gilligan and Caddy Shack but I recognize that I'm on the older end of the spectrum of Brushy Creek mountain bikers.  

This reminds me of a sculpture garden I went to a long time ago.  All the statues were naked which is a win (for the most part) but the reason they were naked was not because the human body is beautiful.  They were naked because clothes date when the sculpture was made.  Since none of them had clothes, they looked like they could have been made yesterday or 100 years ago.  Deep thoughts.