IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

Anyone know the reason why bikes aren't allowed at the skate park? Most skate parks don't seem to ban bikes. Curious if it was always this way at Brushy Creek or was there an incident that caused this rule? I've rode around it on an early weekday morning when no one was around and it was a ton of fun. Now that I have a dirt jumper I'm more interested in riding skate parks as well. 
So the park in PVille was purpose built for bikes and boards. It is a lot larger and way more spread out.
I was told it was due to the safety issues because it is a small area meant for skate boards and not designed to have bikes and boards

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cafeend said:

So the park in PVille was purpose built for bikes and boards. It is a lot larger and way more spread out.
I was told it was due to the safety issues because it is a small area meant for skate boards and not designed to have bikes and boards

Makes sense. I guess I can just chance it and ride early weekday mornings while no one is there. I don’t have pegs or anything so nothing to damage the surface. Worst that can happen is someone tells me to leave. 

• Like 1

Gauging interest for building on Peddlers Pass this Friday afternoon or evening. I've been working on several new features next to the detention pond on the East side, it's probably more hand digging than anything else I've done on Peddlers and some extra people swinging a pickaxe would be awesome. I can sign paydirt forms. 

Gauging interest for building on Peddlers Pass this Friday afternoon or evening. I've been working on several new features next to the detention pond on the Eastside, it's probably more hand digging than anything else I've done on Peddlers and some extra people swinging a pickaxe would be awesome. I can sign paydirt forms.

That's a good start. I can say there is 3 seperate ways to the jump areas. The shortest is from Red Horn to the jumps in 1.5 miles for example. You can make it want you want and tie in the SN trail . The new trails and if you are especially observant you can add the Ol Skool SN trail. It is not impossible to do 10 plus miles and never get that far from Red Horn /Peddlers. It seems like you can get lost but not really. Just give yourself enough daylight to explore.

• Like 1

I spent around an hour and a half out there Sunday. A lot of double track jeep trails that look old. I did find find some purpose built trails down the double track across from the fire station. Most of the trails just look like people riding around on their bikes it doesn't look like much clearing has been done. It's also a no shade area would be pretty brutal in the full of summer. Found the boat it doesn't look like it's been out there that long the trailer is in good shape and it still has the outdrive on it. Somebody made an effort to get it where it is. My guess stolen or insurance.

https://communityimpact.com/austin/leander-cedar-park/city-county/2018/05/10/alamo-drafthouse-planned-to-come-to-cedar-park-in-presidio-development/You aren't wrong. A lot of what's there will have buildings sitting on that area pretty soon anyways. Minus the Church Stuff.

So yea trails are there but why put the huge effort into it when it's going away. Still a good amount of trails that's are not easy to spy and not easy to find.

Edited by Cafeend

So - I've been out of the country, but will be back Saturday night.  The trails being built by us will not have buildings put on them.  The trails linking Christ Church to the Peddler and SN have taken into consideration future development and have been planned so as to avoid/minimize any impact.  When I get back, we'll step up building and (sometime soon) organize a ride to give tour of the network.

Stay tuned...

• Like 3

On 10/8/2019 at 9:17 AM, HoneyBadger said:

Gauging interest for building on Peddlers Pass this Friday afternoon or evening. I've been working on several new features next to the detention pond on the Eastside, it's probably more hand digging than anything else I've done on Peddlers and some extra people swinging a pickaxe would be awesome. I can sign paydirt forms.

In Cali until late Friday but available this weekend.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, El Gringo said:

So - I've been out of the country, but will be back Saturday night.  The trails being built by us will not have buildings put on them.  The trails linking Christ Church to the Peddler and SN have taken into consideration future development and have been planned so as to avoid/minimize any impact.  When I get back, we'll step up building and (sometime soon) organize a ride to give tour of the network.

Stay tuned...

We were wondering about this very things...  Glad to hear you are thinking long-term.

We never saw the boat, but we sessioned the one line we found - starts near the fire station, 3 berms, several tables - a number of times.  We noticed a wood feature under construction on what looks like it will be another line at some point.  I'm not sure if we missed anything or if that's the extent of what's there now.  Looking forward to what is coming!

6 hours ago, biga9999 said:

https://twitter.com/brushycreektc?lang=en

posted about 40 mins ago

Cold and rainy this morning. Trails are currently soaked. Riding not advised. Stay tuned for updates!

Once my dog quits tracking in mud, I'll assume the trails will be good.  He's still bringing mud inside (one bare patch in the yard and he found it). 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SuperSlow said:

Once my dog quits tracking in mud, I'll assume the trails will be good.  He's still bringing mud inside (one bare patch in the yard and he found it). 

Ha!  So true.  However, better a patch of mud than a dead rotting fish some bird dropped in my yard.  Fish sauce smelling dogs = not good!