IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

WTF... I'm guessing this wasn't a sanctioned trail mod.

Huge rock moved off trail to make the line between the drops (squeeze play) a little easier.

I personally don't like hucking off either of them because of the tree gate it created there, but damn.

It's gonna take a couple people to get it back in place.97a4febdb29e9b5b8587d71b73914783.jpge4341f5c200d94c5ec5c0730ed7a8a20.jpgfe22c309b284a7d0f0138e18d39ca16e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Edited by chuckt
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, chuckt said:

Huge rock moved off trail to make the line between the drops (squeeze play) a little easier.

I personally don't like hucking off either of them because of the tree gate it created there, but damn.

It's gonna take a couple people to get it back in place.97a4febdb29e9b5b8587d71b73914783.jpge4341f5c200d94c5ec5c0730ed7a8a20.jpgfe22c309b284a7d0f0138e18d39ca16e.jpg

Oh F**K! 1/4 notch and DD seem to be getting somewhat neglected. I've noticed quite a few  bypasses lately. We should try to get a crew together and correct some of these unsanctioned lines.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Cafeend said:

What?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

yeah, it's not any revolutionary new combo, but since I'm back to hiking/biking Deception again, I'm trying to get more of a flow in.

As Chuckt said, my route today is basically just a figure 8 of 1/4/DD/Rim/etc...

Check out my Strava and you'll get the idea.

I also have to agree with Chuckt, that DD flows better West to East. Also, I think I  agree with you, (gasp) that I prefer Rim the opposite direction. So, next time out, I might try to flow West to East and lump picnic into the mix (somehow).

Open for suggestions

• Like 3

18 hours ago, chuckt said:

People just amaze me. Is the sign still there that warns people that the trail is "hard" and to NOT change the trail???

Edited by cxagent

I think the problem with the signs are that they don't look official like a sign from the city, so people think that because it's not an official sign they don't need to abide by it. Not that they would if it were official either but it might cause some people to think twice before being dickheads.

I don't think this old body can take Deception 2 days in a row, but with this weather, I HAVE to get a ride in.

After viewing some of the recent 10-20 mile rides on Suburban Ninja from Strava recently, it looks like I need to do another investigative ride out there today.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Yosmithy said:

After viewing some of the recent 10-20 mile rides on Suburban Ninja from Strava recently, it looks like I need to do another investigative ride out there today.

I'm about to head out there, and we're going to hit Suburban Ninja first.  Is there new stuff out there?  I haven't hit Brushy in about two months.

Thanks,

..Al

Just now, Albert said:

I'm about to head out there, and we're going to hit Suburban Ninja first.  Is there new stuff out there?  I haven't hit Brushy in about two months.

Thanks,

..Al

Well, there's two critters on this site that put in a little over 10 miles and over 500' of elevation at SN yesterday, and another critter from here that logged around 20 miles. So, yes...there is a LOT of new stuff to be found at SN.

57 minutes ago, Yosmithy said:

I don't think this old body can take Deception 2 days in a row, but with this weather, I HAVE to get a ride in.

I'll take that as a no.

1 hour ago, Yosmithy said:

Just finished up a big exploration loop on SN and the church trails. That jump line, which is not yet really finished, is nuts. Unfortunately my strava didnt pick up my signal so in 2.5 hours it said I rode 0.2 miles. Fortunately I ran into @Tree Magnet and his buddies. Good day and amazing weather. 

21F684D0-CC09-49C1-AE8A-F74A169E53E3.jpeg

• Like 4

Where in the hell is that jump line?!?
Did 20 miles out at Brushy today..  Didn't see anything new in the Suburban Ninja area, but didn't really explore beyond what I normally ride there.  
 ..Al

Al - we saw your car at Champions park and I thought we would run into you but it didn’t happen. To get to the jump line you just take the first left at the SN interchange (by the bridge) and then take the first left off the main trail. Just picture in your head all that space to the west of the main SN trail. That area is going to be awesome.

Gringo - the wooden lips are sweet! Totally chill but that last one looks like it is going to launch you to the freaking moon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk