IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

Brushy Creek is such a neat trail system! Just got out there for the 2nd time and starting to get a sense of the place.  Thank you to the trail builders and everyone involved.  It's a gem here in CenTex. Rode Peddlers Pass, Mulligan, Picnic, Double Down and the Rim trail, got my butt kicked along the way but loved the challenge, maybe someday I will clear it all, probably not though.

• Like 1

Hit up peddlers pass before work. I’m newish to riding so I’m not exactly sure what the term hero dirt means, but I feel like the dirt at PP has to be close to that category right now. Just flying around corners and feels like your wheels are glued to the ground there’s so much traction 

• Like 3

On 10/3/2019 at 11:54 AM, Tree Magnet said:

Gringo - we need a name for all this new trail you and your crew (Mrs.) are putting in out there. I don’t think of it as SN and it’s not really part of the clover leaf looking loops by Peddlers. Maybe some sort of nautical theme thanks to the sweet boat? You don’t have to name every feature (despite the precedent) but we need a name to call the general area so we can talk about it.

Did we ever settle on a name for this? I reference Boat Launch in another thread because I forgot all of the previously submitted names. @El Gringo, I think I saw you and your wife working on an impressive jump this weekend. Thanks for all of the work you've already put it. I enjoyed exploring a new area in my backyard, even if most of it is overground 2-track, it's still fun!

2 hours ago, RedRider3141 said:

Did we ever settle on a name for this? I reference Boat Launch in another thread because I forgot all of the previously submitted names. @El Gringo, I think I saw you and your wife working on an impressive jump this weekend. Thanks for all of the work you've already put it. I enjoyed exploring a new area in my backyard, even if most of it is overground 2-track, it's still fun!

Thanks! Yes, that was us. I posted a reply about 30 min. ago, but I guess it didn't go through. The time has come to set up a new thread - info will be posted/questions answered here: FREERIDE512 @ Christ Church Cedar Park.

• Like 1

Is the latest, greatest PP really slightly shorter than it used to be. Timed my ride on it today just to gauge my injury recovery progress and I was around 2 min slower than my best time on the old Pedler's Pass 4.0. Still well under 20 min though, and I was on my long-travel 27.5 with tires inflated for sidewalk riding. Will give it another go this weekend on my short-travel 29er to see if I can get closer to 17 min.   

image.thumb.png.4d285a4872dace1f1a0596ccc5a008a7.png

5 hours ago, throet said:

Is the latest, greatest PP really slightly shorter than it used to be. Timed my ride on it today just to gauge my injury recovery progress and I was around 2 min slower than my best time on the old Pedler's Pass 4.0. Still well under 20 min though, and I was on my long-travel 27.5 with tires inflated for sidewalk riding. Will give it another go this weekend on my short-travel 29er to see if I can get closer to 17 min.   

The Strava Segment shows 2.76 miles. The route hasn't changed really since summer time, maybe a few extra turns near the road. it shouldn't be shorter.

https://www.strava.com/segments/20095958?filter=overall

4 hours ago, circuitbreaker said:

The Strava Segment shows 2.76 miles. The route hasn't changed really since summer time, maybe a few extra turns near the road. it shouldn't be shorter.

https://www.strava.com/segments/20095958?filter=overall

Yep that's the segment that I used to pick up but yesterday I picked up the other one called Peddlers Pass (Sept 2019) which logged as 2.55 miles. I'm seeing though that times are getting regularly posted in November 2019 to both of those Strava segments. So either a bunch of folks are taking a wrong turn somewhere or maybe somebody created a duplicate segment that is tracking slightly shorter than the original. That seems odd though as 2/10 of a mile is not an insignificant distance. Suppose I could take the time to look at the segments side-by-side and see where they are different but I think instead I'll just go ride it again and see which one I pick up next time. So much fun! 

5 minutes ago, Chief said:

Strava times are not accurate on PP. Strava times are about two minutes faster than actual time.

Haha I'll take real or fake as long as I have some form of measuring stick for my progress. I'm not looking for KOMs - just trying to get back to what an overweight, arthritic 61yr old can do with a lame hammy.  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Chief said:

How's that leg feeling?

Definitely nowhere near 100% but 80% is all that is required to resume full activities. I'll post an update in the Injury thread so as not to derail the Brushy thread.

One thing I noticed just riding upper Picnic is that alt lines have been put in around the tree that sits right behind a section of roots when going W-E. You used to have to cross those roots and stay on the right side of the tree. Over time if I recall correctly that alt line to the left of the tree got started. I've always stayed true to the original line, but now I see that there is a second alt line going up high on the right and around the tree. Was that by design to avoid riding over the roots or is that another unsanctioned line? 

13 hours ago, throet said:

image.thumb.png.4d285a4872dace1f1a0596ccc5a008a7.png

It shows up as 2.54 miles on mine lately, i believe

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, throet said:

Definitely nowhere near 100% but 80% is all that is required to resume full activities. I'll post an update in the Injury thread so as not to derail the Brushy thread.

One thing I noticed just riding upper Picnic is that alt lines have been put in around the tree that sits right behind a section of roots when going W-E. You used to have to cross those roots and stay on the right side of the tree. Over time if I recall correctly that alt line to the left of the tree got started. I've always stayed true to the original line, but now I see that there is a second alt line going up high on the right and around the tree. Was that by design to avoid riding over the roots or is that another unsanctioned line? 

I'm sure it is unsanctioned but it's the most fun way to go through that section 🙂

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, throet said:

I believe so. There are quite a few unsanctioned lines showing up.

• Like 1

Peddlers is the same length. Lots of people are creating duplicate segments  (RIP - Ronan's Infinite Playground, PP 5.0? - Full East Entrance, etc). The Strava times on Peddlers are about 2 minutes faster than it actual takes, this is because Strava seems to drop the 1st or last 2 minutes of everyone's lap (no idea why). For example my Strava P.R. is 15:24, but the actual time for that run was 17:14. Look at the picture for where Strava Started and Stopped the segment

image.png.778eae78857f8c9e85913d76b2e5a932.png

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, HoneyBadger said:

Look for BCB - Peddlers Pass 5.0.

Just as a reminder since I've had to do this before, you'll probably need to login to Strava on a computer (not the app) and "show hidden segments".  Then click "unhide" so the BCB - Peddler Pass 5.0 shows up.